Adversting (Guests only)

[FPS FIX] How to fix your FPS Drops

• Hi,

the game is developed with UE3 which is the same as TERA and has some flaws like FPS drops and bad utilization.

I cannot gurarantee for 60FPS 24/7 but it will improve your gameplay by far!

In order to do so please do the following:

1. Install Notepad++ (Google it)

2. Write down your GPU Memory in MB (For example, I have a NVidia GTX 1060 with 6GB RAM so I do quick math:

6*1024 = 6144)

3. Open the following engine configuration file (The following paths are default game path, might be different depands on where you installed the game):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bless Online\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini

Use CTRL+F in order to find the specified value, for example if I say "ABC=FALSE" search for "ABC=" and change the value from true to false.

Change the following:

bStaticDecalsEnabled=False
    bDynamicDecalsEnabled=False
    bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=False
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120

bShouldLogStatsData=False (THIS LINE WILL NOT EXISTS!! ADD THIS LINE SO IT WILL BE LINE NUMBER 241)

PhysXGpuHeapSize=64

PhysXMeshCacheSize=16

MipFadeInSpeed0=0
    MipFadeOutSpeed0=0
    MipFadeInSpeed1=0

MipFadeOutSpeed1=0

MinTextureResidentMipCount=7

PoolSize= X (X equals your GPU memory in MB as mentioned before, my value will be 6144 for ex.)

MemoryMargin= Y (Y equals your GPU memory in MB / 4, if it exceeds 512MB than Y=512)

ThreadedShaderCompileThreshold=Z (Z equals to your number of CPU cores, for example I have i5-8500 so Z=4)

bAllowMotionBlurSkinning=False

4. Open the following configuration file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bless Online\Engine\Config\BaseSystemSettings.ini

Use CTRL+F in order to find the specified value, for example if I say "ABC=FALSE" search for "ABC=" and change the value from true to false.

Change the following:

Distortion=False (There are multiple values named like this on the file - You can use CTRL+H in order to replace them all)

FilteredDistortion=False (There are multiple values named like this on the file - You can use CTRL+H in order to replace them all)

DropParticleDistortion=False (There are multiple values named like this on the file - You can use CTRL+H in order to replace them all)

DynamicShadows=False (There are multiple values named like this on the file - You can use CTRL+H in order to replace them all)

LightEnvironmentShadows=False

FogVolumes=False

StaticDecals=False (There are multiple values named like this on the file - You can use CTRL+H in order to replace them all)

Well that is it!

Enjoy improved performence!

• Alright so I used this and no matter what I do, the game ends up looking like a potato. See the screenshot. I worked my way down editing different variables and I'm down to just these edited.

Code
    1. PhysXGpuHeapSize=64
    2. PhysXMeshCacheSize=16
    3. PoolSize=8192
    4. MemoryMargin= 2048
    5. ThreadedShaderCompileThreshold=8

And it still looks this way. Now correct me if I'm wrong here. I have an i7-7700k and an R9 390 with 8gb vram. Have I edited this incorrectly? Also my in-game graphics setting is set to the preset of 5. I also went in and unlocked the fps which I had done previously by changing bSmoothFrameRate to false in BaseEngine.ini however I don't feel that is the cause because it all looked fine before.

//Edit I noticed I didn't read the MemoryMargin correctly, changed to 512 and am testing real quick.

//Edit - Okay last edit, It seems me not reading correctly was the cause. Setting MemoryMargin to 512 fixed everything.

• Adversting (Guests only)

• Hi nireyes25,

first i wanna say thank you for posting this :D

But unfortanley i have a question about the MemoryMargin.

My System is a Intel Core i5 - 7400 CPU @ 3.00 GHz with 8 GB RAM

What should i add at the Memory Margin with a System like this :D

Cheers

• Im not sure if im doing this correct

Poolsize = Total available Graphics Memory or dedicated video memory?

Like this: MemoryMargin=4 ?

Just read the instructions again carefully.

We're talking about GPU (Your Graphics Card) Memory.

As I said, if I have 6GB GPU then in MB it will be 6144 (6GB*1024 = 6144MB)

Means my Poolsize is 6144.

My memoryMargin is 6144/4 which makes 1536, but since its larger than 512 -

My memoryMargin is 512.

Hope you will understand it now.

Cheers

• This fix did work for me, but it made not only the splash screen problem worse, it also created a handle leak.
    After about 50 mins of playtime the Bless.exe will reach over 200.000 handles which even my threadripper couldn´t handle anymore (badum ts).

It may depend on your system, but after resetting those files it went back to about 5.000 handles even after 4 hours of continous dungeon grind.

• Thank you for the this guide, however, I still am having issues with the game's inconsistent fps. I have an older Vishera AMD CPU running at 8 cores, 4.0 Ghz, 16 gb of ram, and a brand new Nvidia 1080 Ti graphics card with an SSD hard drive. I am hoping this is fixed....somehow. It's rather ridiculous I have a $1000 video card and I run the game between 12 fps only to shoot up to 60 fps intermittently and never topping out over 70. Anyone have any more ideas?

:(?(:thumbdown:

• So I made all these changes, but nothing has worked so far, there have been no improvements or damage done. Im having a really strange problem where If i am alt tabbed or running the task manager, even with the game still up on a different screen, it runs fine at 60-120 fps, but the moment i start playing the game, it drops down to 20-30 fps. Does anyone know what happening or have any help to offer?