Profession at the start?

• Hey guys,

What Primary Profession is the best to start with, if you want to play guardian?

Later in the game you eventually need to make alts anyway for hammers/taiming scrolls but is it better to start with Enrichment or Blacksmith or something completly different?

• There's 3 primary and 2 secondary

Armorsmithing (+Minor defense buff) - Craft gear not weapons and hammers which will be useful for restoring max durability on gear later in the game

Enchanting (+ Minor stamina buff) - Craft taming scrolls to tame monsters in the world, and runes which you will socket in your gear

Jewelcrafting (+Minor attack & spell power buff) - Craft jewellery and small buff items

Secondary:

Cooking - Buff food

Alchemy - Potions

• Super helpful, thanks! Gonna enchant the mess out of some things! Do you know if we can take both secondary professions or only one?

• Thanks for the info,

i will probably roll enchanting (and alchemy) first and do taming alot and once i reach max level i make an alt for these hammers

• Anyone know how relevant Alchemy is going to be? I'm likely going Enchanting as I'm going to be doing a fair bit of taming but while I think I'd prefer to do cooking, I'm not sure how important potions are going to be. Seems like you want them, but also seems like you can just buy them from vendors. Alchemy actually have any use outside of "you can make potions instead of buying it from the vendor?" More potent potions, etc?

• Anyone know how relevant Alchemy is going to be? I'm likely going Enchanting as I'm going to be doing a fair bit of taming but while I think I'd prefer to do cooking, I'm not sure how important potions are going to be. Seems like you want them, but also seems like you can just buy them from vendors. Alchemy actually have any use outside of "you can make potions instead of buying it from the vendor?" More potent potions, etc?

I dont know if you can buy them at vendors, crafting is probably the cheapest way, but they are very important.

Correct me if im wrong:

You can use potions (instant heal, alchemy) while you are in combat and outside and food (overtime heal, cooking) only when you are not in combat.

And you possibly need a ton of potions if you have a bad healer in your group.

I think potions can be used outside of combat aswell but im not sure, if so theyr basiclly better then food.

• Guardian = armorcraft

Bless can be refunded (any version: $39, $69, or $149, regardless if you redeemed the in game items) for any play time [PROOF].

A refund takes 1-3 hours.

Help -> Steam Support -> Purchases -> Pick your edition -> Select a reason.

• Guardian = armorcraft

Yea but the profession only gives you 40 armor and repair hammers.

40 (80 at max profession but thats extremly hard) Armor is decent but not worldchanging and repair hammers wont be needed until max level and endgame gear.

So i will go with enchanting first and tame every monster possible :saint:

Later on i still can create alts and do the other professions

• I dont know if you can buy them at vendors, crafting is probably the cheapest way, but they are very important.

Correct me if im wrong:

You can use potions (instant heal, alchemy) while you are in combat and outside and food (overtime heal, cooking) only when you are not in combat.

And you possibly need a ton of potions if you have a bad healer in your group.

I think potions can be used outside of combat aswell but im not sure, if so theyr basiclly better then food.

I figured potions would be important as food being out of combat regen/buffs and potions being "instants" is typically how it goes. I had overheard in a video that the potions were available via vendors though. Basically, didn't want to go with Alchemy over Cooking only to find out "Oh, nobody buys potions/there's no reason to craft potions and its easier to just vendor them". I'll have to do a little more digging into the potion system I guess.

• Yea but the profession only gives you 40 armor and repair hammers.

40 (80 at max profession but thats extremly hard) Armor is decent but not worldchanging and repair hammers wont be needed until max level and endgame gear.

So i will go with enchanting first and tame every monster possible :saint:

Later on i still can create alts and do the other professions

You're in for a real surprise when guilds and dungeon groups make it a requirement

Bless can be refunded (any version: $39, $69, or $149, regardless if you redeemed the in game items) for any play time [PROOF].

A refund takes 1-3 hours.

Help -> Steam Support -> Purchases -> Pick your edition -> Select a reason.

• Hammers? I don't see any way of verifying someone actually has them in their inventory right now.

Think he was talking about the minor stats boosts you get from professions obviously damage classes jewelcrafting gives the 40AP/SP and when leveled 80AP/SP but it's the worst profession to go imo.

• Think he was talking about the minor stats boosts you get from professions obviously damage classes jewelcrafting gives the 40AP/SP and when leveled 80AP/SP but it's the worst profession to go imo.

Oh, thanks for verifying. Yeah that would still be pretty hard to enforce, imo.