This is the 2nd part to my Bless Concerns video:
Summary: Gear scaling becomes an issue after a couple months of progression, and then TTK gets absurdly low transforming into a 1 shot fest. Problem is we haven't gotten a clear answer on if this will be changed or not for NA/EU.
There was a transformation from Original Bless KR to Bless Rebuild in JP and KR.
- In old Bless there were hard limitations on Runes: I.E. you can only slot certain Runes on certain armor types.
- This made stat customization through gear kind of stale, but it kept power growth in check.
- In Bless JP the hard limits were removed. Now as long as you get a Rune that matches the Rune Slot on your Item you can slot anything you want on every armor piece. This means eventually through grind you can get all gear with the exact rune slots you want.
- Also in Original Bless you could only get your gear to +10, and the stats gained through upgrading were modest.
- On JP you can now upgrade to +15, and at 15 you get an extra Rune Slot on your gear "Awakening".
So not only did they remove hard limits, but they also introduced an extra slot to each piece of gear through +15 or Awakening. This means with even more grind and even more RNG madness, you can start with a piece of gear with desired Rune Slot. Then as you upgrade and RNJesus blesses you, when you Awaken your item you can get another Power based Rune slot.
In the new system:
- No more hard limits, already more access to Power based Runes.
- Now extra Rune Slots, so even more access to Power based Runes.
- BIG ISSUE: It seems that they never adjusted the Scaling Ratios on Abilities. So scaling is same as in old system when power was significantly more scarce.
- Also, stats like Crit, Haste, and Defensive stats give such little return that they cannot keep pace. "Classes like Ranger have access to crit from their own crit., but crit. through gear is abysmal.
Pure Attack Power and Ability Power blow everything else out the water. Damage Numbers are through the roof, healing is high too. However, it doesn't matter since HP is rather low, and defensive stats are weak as well.
At Fresh 45, and even when you have the best in slot gear TTK is rather healthy. Once people get optimal runes it starts to decline. Once people Awaken their items it becomes absurd and devolves into 1 shot fest.
- Fresh 45 might have 450-700 ATP/AP
- Semi-Geared 900-1200
- Optimized Rune Slots 1600+
- Awakened 2-3k
- Awakened plus RNJesus Procs 3k+ "Rumored upward of 4k."
Possible Solutions :
- Adjust scaling ratios across the board.
- Shave power off of every Rune.
- Make it so that your 2nd Rune in gear only gives secondary stat.
- Increase/Incentivize secondary stats.
- Raise defensive stats.