Adversting (Guests only)

Early Download

• Monday just happens to be Memorial Day and a holiday for a large % of people in the US. This is a pretty good ploy to save their login servers from the absolute shitstorm that is going to be launch day. If we could all download the game a day early, the login servers would get wrecked. This way, it will be a trickle of logins as more people get the game downloaded.

I live Rural and unfortunately for me i wont be able to play the game until Tuesday most likely, but hopefully then it will be smooth.

You can fully expect launch day to have problems both online as well as with downloads. They are giving themselves a very small window to work with and unless Steam is more flexible, then they can expect problems.

• You can fully expect launch day to have problems both online as well as with downloads. They are giving themselves a very small window to work with and unless Steam is more flexible, then they can expect problems.

For sure there will be problems!!

• they have 2 options

1. they leaving to download 28 may for one reason they dont know if the servers will hold.

2. if they launch one day earlier 26 or 27 may they will allow the steam to run smoothly with the download and they will ( trying to reconect ,trying to reconect at 28 .

So they are still working on this .

For me as i found when the launch day will be ( 26 may at a older post ) i will tell you that i have a feeling that steam will open the download button at this day 26

• i think you meant less than 4 mins ?

I Wish!! But I think you are not converting the 'Gigabytes' of the client to the 'Gigabits' of my download rate.

The other thing is that I'm on 'cable' so the bandwidth is shared. This reduces my download rate some. So I never really see the full 'rated' speed.

The real problem I face is that I live in what's essentially a 'third World country' within the borders of the Untied States (New Mexico). So its like a cultural thing where everything slows down as if gravity was different or something strange.

• Adversting (Guests only)

• There is probably going to be a lot of maintenance early on. Especially since the game isn't finished. I have a feeling people who buy the subscriptions might be complaining about it, if it gets to bad.

This is the point i been making. they should be running a beta not a soft launch because as you stated the game is not finished.The next logical step is a beta test. But no they opt for a soft launch with an un beta tested game to get money out of us. why i say it is actually a beta they are saying is a soft launch. Otherwise a pay to beta and that i will not do. I won't play this game in EA i may look at it when it launches in december depending on how the reviews are on it during the EA. This EA could end up killing the game because of the fact it won't ever be properly beta tested. And we all know how quickly a bad rep can kill a MMO and how quickly people will drop one that doesn't run correctly.

• You don't Beta test a game that has already released 3 times. They are putting the game in Early Access because it isn't complete (assassin, mystic, and level 50). Although Early Access on Steam doesn't really mean what it should mean anymore. I feel its just a loophole for some games to put out a product that isn't finished and get supplemental cash. This could be good in situations.

Also you gotta look at it from our perspective, they said may 28th launch we would complain and want it on the 25th. We will never be happy, they had to pick a date at some point.

• they did it this way cause the community got too impatient, like always, theyd release it in november, but people was like "oooh, dont release it in august with wow, dont release in q4 theres thatscifi game" and so on, this is the result of all that going on for months

• I'm pretty sure there are marketing people that look at way more than just "what we want". There are many MMOs that have release content just before summer. They know when we play and when the market is at a lull. I agree with you in that they probably don't want to compete with those games, hence the window of time they chose here. If they wait till Q4 there will be alphas (i hope) and other releases destined to come out.

Also have to look at console sales and releases too. I'm pretty sure everyone stayed away from the window Monster Hunter released in the US earlier this year.

• This is the point i been making. they should be running a beta not a soft launch because as you stated the game is not finished.The next logical step is a beta test. But no they opt for a soft launch with an un beta tested game to get money out of us. why i say it is actually a beta they are saying is a soft launch. Otherwise a pay to beta and that i will not do. I won't play this game in EA i may look at it when it launches in december depending on how the reviews are on it during the EA. This EA could end up killing the game because of the fact it won't ever be properly beta tested. And we all know how quickly a bad rep can kill a MMO and how quickly people will drop one that doesn't run correctly.

This is a glorified beta. Beta was more KR/JP Rebuild than NA/EU version. We're paying to be a part of this. I can't think of any other game has gotten away with paying to play in "beta."

• You don't Beta test a game that has already released 3 times. They are putting the game in Early Access because it isn't complete (assassin, mystic, and level 50). Although Early Access on Steam doesn't really mean what it should mean anymore. I feel its just a loophole for some games to put out a product that isn't finished and get supplemental cash. This could be good in situations.

Also you gotta look at it from our perspective, they said may 28th launch we would complain and want it on the 25th. We will never be happy, they had to pick a date at some point.

Excuse me but did they not say they redid the combat system how which affects all the classes reason why mystic and assassin are not releasing yet. when you make major changes like that you need to beta test it to make sure it is working properly with a lot of players playing it. Many bugs will not show up until you have a large player base in the game The game is not the same as the other releases. they have said it is different so in many aspects it is a new version of the game that needs to be properly tested.

As far as the release date that really don't matter to me. what matters is a game that is tested properly and this one won't be because they are not doing so. they spent a year redoing the game that is a lot of coding which will equal a lot of new bugs that are not in the other versions. So yes it needs to be beta tested and to me that is what this EA really is and they want us to pay for it.

• well, usually you beta a new game, a never been tested before by huge pop cause it can have gamebreaking bugs and a lot of shortcomings

one would think that, since the base of the game didnt change much, but just gameplay and a bit the contour, the actual bugs that may exist, will be centered on those only, making it go mostly smooth

also its EA, and not release either, cause the full game has more content, but it needs polish, since they didnt made it "in time"

• The game is finished. We can play it. It has substance. Formalities aside we will still find issues/bugs with it. I don't really care about all of that I just want the product in my hands. Boredom is a powerful thing.

• The game is finished. We can play it. It has substance. Formalities aside we will still find issues/bugs with it. I don't really care about all of that I just want the product in my hands. Boredom is a powerful thing.

I wouldn't go as far as to call it finished. This game was never finished at any point. Don't forget that an MMO can never be truly "finished" elsewise it will be dead. I mean look at FFXI...even in maintenance mode that game is still kicking and now is looking forward to a reboot on mobile.

• well, usually you beta a new game, a never been tested before by huge pop cause it can have gamebreaking bugs and a lot of shortcomings

one would think that, since the base of the game didnt change much, but just gameplay and a bit the contour, the actual bugs that may exist, will be centered on those only, making it go mostly smooth

also its EA, and not release either, cause the full game has more content, but it needs polish, since they didnt made it "in time"

Any good game developer beta tests any major changes to the game. It may not be a new game as in there are different versions out there that have failed. But what you are getting is a new game in game play and such. Any major changes to combat and core operating systems brings along bugs that need to be tested properly to root them out. Also during beta testing is when the balancing and polishing is done. When they release an expansion which is basically just add on to the core base game they beta test it even though the base of the game was originally beta tested. because when you change the mechanics it changes the base of the game. coding is a bitch at times and bugs is the evil offsrping of coding.

I have beta tested alot of games over the years and have beta tested expansions for those games. If you want a game to run smoothly and succede you properly test it and they are not doing that. As you said EA is not a release. not because the game don't have all the content in it because no MMO ever has all the content it will or could ever have on release. It is not a release because they are subsituting EA for beta testing. You and many others will be bitching about how buggy the game is during EA and all of the patching going on to fix the bugs that will be popping up that only come out with high populations. Call EA what it really is a gorified pay to beta test. That is how i see it and i know not all will see it as i do because they want to play so bad they don't care what shape it is in until they play and get mad because the game is so buggy and then bad mouth the game and drop it like a hot potato.

• Steam doesn't allowed Pre-Downloads for games in Early Access. I wished this was downloadable prior, but oh well I guess. :(

Bless is only """Early Access""" as an excuse for any faults with the game. How could a game that's had three separate launches possibly be in early access?

Also if Neowiz cared, they could "launch" the game on the 27th (Steam), then open the servers on the 28th.

Bless can be refunded (any version: $39, $69, or $149, regardless if you redeemed the in game items) for any play time [PROOF].

A refund takes 1-3 hours.

Help -> Steam Support -> Purchases -> Pick your edition -> Select a reason.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Boltonsquad: Profane language ().