Early Download

• I'm not sure if this has been asked. I searched forums but couldn't find it. Will there be an early download period so that we can have the game downloaded before the release date?

• I'm not sure if this has been asked. I searched forums but couldn't find it. Will there be an early download period so that we can have the game downloaded before the release date?

I'd say probably not since it's being publicized as early access to begin with. So allowing download before that sorta defeats the purpose of EA. They need to establish a server so you can update the game as needed, it isn't just a matter of a simple download.

• No... It was said on stream today...

Yeah, I know and that post was made well before the stream.

Is it true that the game is like 50 GB? That's really blow that the game have no early download.

Steam is estimating 55gb. Early download is 2 days before EA, if you consider that "early".

• Our community has been watching this game for several years, some playing the KR and JP versions. As someone who really and I mean really wants to see the game succeed I can't get my head around why there was a press release to announce the game but soooo little information actually presented?

At this point my biggest concern is if the game can only be downloaded on the 28th when it goes live, and there's only 2 days of early access, what happens to the people who can't be home at the exact time it's live to start their download?

Please consider at least an extra day or something to allow people to justify paying for early access.

• Lets pretend we bought the $70:

1) Trying to download 55gb from weird link: anything between 2 hours and 2days...

2) Trying to enter the game after download is finally finished: Server full / Server crashed

3) I want my money back, I want to enter the game bla bla, please solve it: You didnt pay for the $200 package customer service...

:/

• Steam have good refund service if you do it within 2 hours :)

But joking aside, I'm worry about this as well since everybody will be rushing in.

• well the korean service was nice so I don't think there'll be oh so much problems.

What I don't get is why they don't hand out the client a week prior. I mean it's a piece of cake to download it and get it running with steam. I did it with Tree of Savior the other day so not sure where the overall problem is - besides late hotfix patches, etc. from Neowiz's side.

• "Early Access Start Date & Time

May 30th at 10:00 a.m. (PDT)

• Those who purchased a Founder’s Pack will be able to enjoy the game two days in advance on May 28 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT).
    • Founder’s Packs will be sold beginning May 28 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT) on the Bless Steam Store page."

Source: i.a. here.

So... No pre-download.

• I read somewhere in this forum that it has to do with steam's policy towards early access games, but who knows.

Yes, that is correct.

do ctrl+f "pre-purchase" (without the quote)
    https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/earlyaccess

• well the korean service was nice so I don't think there'll be oh so much problems.

What I don't get is why they don't hand out the client a week prior. I mean it's a piece of cake to download it and get it running with steam. I did it with Tree of Savior the other day so not sure where the overall problem is - besides late hotfix patches, etc. from Neowiz's side.

Well the Korean servers were pretty close to dead. This game initially should have a high population. So the amount of people who try to download might be high. They need to anticipate just how many people actually plan to play the game. It's better to make an overestimate than an underestimate. Unrelated: According to massively the server might be in Virginia.

http://massivelyop.com/2018/05…n-francisco-media-reveal/

There is no early download due to steams Early Access's Rules and Regulations.

• i read they are trying to work around it, but i doubt steam will allow it

All they'd need to do is launch the game a day earlier, but don't turn the servers on until the 28th that way people can pre-download the game. Plenty of games have done this on Steam before.

• They should release on 21th for founder Packs and 24th/25th for steam basic game... 1 day for launch day test and 2 days head-start...