Small guilds and territory wars

• From what I've read about territory wars, it seems that they are first controlled through influence point bidding and that you get influence points by having your guild members complete various activities in the game. Once a territory had been captured by bidding, it can be contested through RvR or GvG. The members of the guild owning a territory receive realm points, which can be used to purchase legendary gear.

Now then, my question is: Is there a place for small guilds (say, less than 25 people) in this system? Are they at all able to participate in GvG, or would they just be overrun in a 20v100 battle? If they cannot participate, do they completely lose out on realm points and therefore the legendary gear that comes with it?

I usually play MMOs with a small guild focused on small group PvP. In other games, we were able to offer our services as mercenaries for larger guilds' GvGs, or team up with other small groups to take a realm objective. However, this territory and reward system worries me that those not in the large guilds dominating the server will be left out of content and gear. Everything for the steam release is a matter of speculation of course, but has anyone experienced this in the existing servers?

• They will probably lose out on the Territories yes. The amount of realm points you get from owning these territories is pretty low though. Equipping a full guild with legendary would literally take 1-x years.

You also get realm points from winning guild wars, in case they didn't change that. I don't know the amount you get though, even though smaller guilds with a dedicated core will surely have the edge in this regard.

• They will probably lose out on the Territories yes. The amount of realm points you get from owning these territories is pretty low though. Equipping a full guild with legendary would literally take 1-x years.

You also get realm points from winning guild wars, in case they didn't change that. I don't know the amount you get though, even though smaller guilds with a dedicated core will surely have the edge in this regard.

Legendaries? Legendary what exactly? This game doesn't even have legendaries yet does it?

• Ja it will be kinda unfair and me also being part of only small guilds in every game i do hope they bring in something to help us. Like being able to work as mercenaries or to allow small guilds to work together to protect territories or work together to gain them and then split the realm points they get.

• Ja it will be kinda unfair and me also being part of only small guilds in every game i do hope they bring in something to help us. Like being able to work as mercenaries or to allow small guilds to work together to protect territories or work together to gain them and then split the realm points they get.

I'm part of a quite small guild, so let's hope.
    (if this is considered spamm, let me know)

• If this is something you're concerned with, may want to look into merging with another guild to make sure you can control territory.

While this may not necessarily be fair it's part of the game at present- better to go ahead and prepare for it. In a lot of ways it encourages large communities, which in turn encourages guild wars and politics. Several super-guilds already exist and others are forming coalitions already.

My guild has around 40 people that will be playing and we're constantly looking for new friends. Bottom line is if you want to be successful in the game it looks like you're going to need to be part of a large crew, whether as contracted mercenaries (who then wouldn't control territory but work for the guild who does) or as full fledged members.

Asch#4393 on Discord

• If this is something you're concerned with, may want to look into merging with another guild to make sure you can control territory.

We're not a small guild because of a lack of recruiting members. It's that we prefer that style of play and communication. I just hope that being in a 100-man guild doesn't become a requirement for endgame, as that would discourage players like me from participating in otherwise enjoyable content.

• it means accepting their *** hierarchy xD

• We're not a small guild because of a lack of recruiting members. It's that we prefer that style of play and communication. I just hope that being in a 100-man guild doesn't become a requirement for endgame, as that would discourage players like me from participating in otherwise enjoyable content.

too much is too chaotic, I think.

• it means accepting their *** hierarchy xD

Some guilds function like old EVE ones with CEO's, boards, etc... You can do a lot worse than a GM and 2 officers, especially considering we're buying the game for some of our members with great contributions.

In regards to preferred styles of play, that's your choice. It's unfortunate that you'll be relegated- as a group- to probably never owning territory, but that's a stylistic decision that you have made.

The game is encouraging massive scale battles, guild wars and politics. Rewarding players for staying tight knit in their cliques is counterintuitive to what MMO's are about and won't help the game thrive in the long run. Small groups set in their ways aren't conducive to attracting and retaining new player base; worse still many players quit when their mini-communities die. I played over a decade of WoW and this is the literal reason that I quit the game, due to my very tight-knit community splitting up.

So we took our hardcore group of players and went the opposite direction opening recruitment to anyone, as a result we feel confident we will secure territory and have made tons of new friends.

I hope they don't change anything, as I feel they're going in the right direction based on the game they have designed. I really do feel for you and your friends, but it may be worth considering you can't play this game the exact same way you've played every other MMO up until now.

And maybe- just maybe- that's why you should be excited about it.

:thanksbless::thanksbless::thanksbless:

• What I have seen from most games that have a GvG system, they allow 30-50 players from each guild. The problem will only hit smaller guilds and why should they participate with such a low number of players, I mean a lot of pvp oriented players want to have massive wars with each other. However there could be two option, either merge with another guild or simply make an alliance with a bigger guild and work as mercenaries.

• So now after the Conference i figured out how small guilds can be hired by other bigger guilds or other small guilds....

They said that after a territory has been bought by a guild and it is not yours you can then set up to either be defenders for that territory or be attackers...

So then bigger/small guilds can then ask for your assistance into helping to defend their territories or either attack territories to gain them... And then you can price it to them to either give your guild gold(money) or resources/items...

Cant wait to test this out.

• They said that after a territory has been bought by a guild and it is not yours you can then set up to either be defenders for that territory or be attackers...

So then bigger/small guilds can then ask for your assistance into helping to defend their territories or either attack territories to gain them... And then you can price it to them to either give your guild gold(money) or resources/items...

This is quite exciting! Do you have a source for this, so I can share it with my group?

• ill see if i can find the video again... it was in one of the interviews, and then one of the devs said it.. will try and find it XD, and dont remember which one, because i watched all of them XD....

• What's my choice, what's a stylistic decision, what's a clique, did you play something before wow. I see rpg is lost, but that doesn't mean I have to see other dota.

• Sadly big guilds will always dominate however maybe they can add some sort of alliance thing (if not already implemented) where guilds can ally together and maybe take territory as an alliance territory and not a guild territory but then again they will just switch from big guilds to big alliances so I dunno. All I know is that in most games like this numbers always win.

• Honestly, in alot of MMO's its not uncommon for smaller guilds to stomp big ones. Numbers don't mean they are good. As long as your cores skilled and geared you have a chance. Now I don't know how these wars work, but as long as its not objective based and purely a kill counter you could pull it off. Now that's not to say you wont get stomped by a guild just as skilled and geared as you but with more members. All of that is purely based of past MMO experiences and not Bless.