Adversting (Guests only)

[Dev Talk #04] Class Combat Preview

• Adversting (Guests only)

• this videos convinced me,i will pick Guardian.

while the Mage is still interesting,i like to master a single element and this is more like GW2 where is better to use everything.

i will sure play Mystic tho,when he comes.

• Not going to lie but Paladin looked freaking disappointing. I mean not much has been shown but hell.... this isn't a preview for inhouse stuff. I almost can feel the boredom creeping out of that short video. Also wondering about healing... probably still shortcut healing and nothing AoE, Targeting based (cones, lines, etc.).

Well combat seems a bit more dynamic though the quality of those videos are not really all that much professional gameplay. I feel a lot player could have done that better.

Sigh... I might re-roll my ranger if Pally on full defense spec will suck.

• Not going to lie but Paladin looked freaking disappointing. I mean not much has been shown but hell.... this isn't a preview for inhouse stuff. I almost can feel the boredom creeping out of that short video. Also wondering about healing... probably still shortcut healing and nothing AoE, Targeting based (cones, lines, etc.).

Well combat seems a bit more dynamic though the quality of those videos are not really all that much professional gameplay. I feel a lot player could have done that better.

Sigh... I might re-roll my ranger if Pally on full defense spec will suck.

If you go here, where neowiz posted this information, and where all official bless info drops: they say "(This preview video was taken in a development environment and therefore does not reflect the final version)"

So this is basically only to say, Look....this is us so far. This is most likely not the current iteration of the class combat, but progress they had in the redesign process that they are just getting around to showing us.

• Combat looks awesome! I wasn't sure about mage but now I'm far more excited to play the class. I just hope that it allows for a large degree of complexity, I can't stand simple classes. If it's too simple, I'll roll a Pally-boi. Gotta love healz~ coughandquickqueues.

Matron of Anno ~ The Fifth Resolution(Or just Fifth for short). If you're interested in joining a private guild focusing on high-end content, you should hit me up sometime. It's slowly growing, but we'll get to the top in time. We are going to be focusing on the NA release of Bless Online and Ashes of Creation if it ever releases.

• The chain system seems really interesting and I'm very curious to see how it pans out on both an individual as well as a group basis. It sort of reminds me of the skill chain system in FFXI. They could certainly go that route and benefit from the complexity that sort of system offers. But i can't help but be reminded of how easy it was to screw up and exploit that system. So hopefully they will keep that in mind if they go that way.

• So the game still has tab-targeting :(

Of course it does, the PvE Raiding content and PvP content would be a nightmare without being able to target allies or mark targets, especially in 200 versus 200

If i had to heal in a game without focused-targeting, i think I'd just.... not play a healer.

MMOrpg's are always going to have some level of targeting functionality, whether it's soft-targeting, or hard-targeting, either or; a way to lock onto a target is pretty much essential; and if it doesn't have it, it's not a very friendly MMOrpg.

I know targeting tends to break immersion for some people, but it's a video game; so let's allow it to be a video game.

EDIT:

Also, i noticed some Frame drops during high amounts of particle effects like explosions and i'm just hoping this was just the product of a bad day of video recording/encoding, because frame drops during particle effects is a very old symptom of the Unreal Engine 3, and it makes my eye twitch a little every time i see it happen in UE3 games. :(