Adversting (Guests only)

Party Buffs!

• Adversting (Guests only)

• There are too much differences between buffs.

I think some buffs have to be fixed, because some of there will never be used.

They will probably have to eliminate some over time or else the system will be too cumbersome and many will complain about how difficult it would be to navigate. They should simply and streamline it.

• This is in japan, so it's not localized, and it's translated on a volunteer basis. So some of the translations could be off.

FAQ wrote:

Party Buffs

We believe that the best way to enjoy any MMORPG is by playing with others. As an incentive for players to play the game with a variety of people, we have decided to introduce party benefits!

Depending on the number of members, classes, and races of the party members, the party leader can choose one combat effect and one lifestyle (non-combat) effect from a selection to be applied to party members! With this feature we hope that not only those who enjoy combat, but also those who prefer the lifestyle (non-combat) aspects of MMORPGs can enjoy playing with other players!

pve buffs, pvp buffs, lifestyle (life skill) buffs, party size requirements, class comp requirements.

Carthh did not explain the system very well, imo. He discussed some of the requirements...but he keeps saying "from what we could tell" and "it seems like the best" and "I think" and "probably" and "theorycrafting for another time". He even admits he could have translated wrong.

There are too many unknowns, its very hard to judge when we don't know how the stat increases actually work. Is the scaling based on base stats? total stats? Some of those percentages are HUGE, and some are tiny, it seems very unbalanced. Can you have 2 mages and 2 rangers and use 2 different buffs? only one class combo per party?

If it is as varied as it sounds, I think that could be a lot of fun to come up with some super unique class combinations.

I'm reserving judgement for Steam Release.

• I agree that we should wait to pass judgement on most everything. Still this is quite a lot of options even not taking into consideration the translation issues.

• Reminds me of Diablo III where solo players are royally screwed. Grouping is obviously good in a multiplayer game, but forced grouping? not so much.

In open world PvP you will be screwed with or without pt buffs if you encounter enemy team and you are solo. For PvE you don't need pt except dungeons but then again that would stay the same with or without pt buffs.

• In open world PvP you will be screwed with or without pt buffs if you encounter enemy team and you are solo. For PvE you don't need pt except dungeons but then again that would stay the same with or without pt buffs.

Well the hunts are very time consuming unless you group, especially later on. The amount of kills required to get the rewards gets quite high quite fast so I wouldn't say grouping is completely eliminated from outside dungeon PVE but it's definitely in the minority.

• Reminds me of Diablo III where solo players are royally screwed. Grouping is obviously good in a multiplayer game, but forced grouping? not so much.

I don't see what you mean. The game scales to group size, up to 4. And in seasonal, there are leader boards for solo and every group size. And when you're solo you get a companion that you get to gear up and spec to your needs. It's catered to all styles.

• I don't see what you mean. The game scales to group size, up to 4. And in seasonal, there are leader boards for solo and every group size. And when you're solo you get a companion that you get to gear up and spec to your needs. It's catered to all styles.

I'm going to have to agree with this. Diablo 3 had a pretty nice system of progression catering to both people who liked grouping as well as solo. The sheer variety of encounters always astonished me. A system like this could really benefit Bless in terms of dungeon variety and item availability.

• I don't see what you mean. The game scales to group size, up to 4. And in seasonal, there are leader boards for solo and every group size. And when you're solo you get a companion that you get to gear up and spec to your needs. It's catered to all styles.

I'm going to have to agree with this. Diablo 3 had a pretty nice system of progression catering to both people who liked grouping as well as solo. The sheer variety of encounters always astonished me. A system like this could really benefit Bless in terms of dungeon variety and item availability.

I don't think either of you have played Diablo 3 enough to understand the benefits of grouping. You get more XP in groups than solo, more gold, more items. You are able to do higher rifts in groups, which in turns gives you even more XP/gold/items etc etc. Since you can do higher rifts in groups, you are able to level your gems to a higher level which in turns enables you to clearer higher level rifts.

Grouping in Diablo 3 is exponentially more beneficial than soloing. The top of the 4-man leaderboards are also the same players who dominate the solo leaderboards due the the aforementioned reasons. If you play only solo you will be significantly behind players who group.

Don't get me wrong, in a way this is a good thing, since it forces solo players like me to play in groups, but as I said in my previous post, anything forced isn't the ideal way to go about things.

• I don't think either of you have played Diablo 3 enough to understand the benefits of grouping. You get more XP in groups than solo, more gold, more items. You are able to do higher rifts in groups, which in turns gives you even more XP/gold/items etc etc. Since you can do higher rifts in groups, you are able to level your gems to a higher level which in turns enables you to clearer higher level rifts.

Grouping in Diablo 3 is exponentially more beneficial than soloing. The top of the 4-man leaderboards are also the same players who dominate the solo leaderboards due the the aforementioned reasons. If you play only solo you will be significantly behind players who group.

Don't get me wrong, in a way this is a good thing, since it forces solo players like me to play in groups, but as I said in my previous post, anything forced isn't the ideal way to go about things.

But its not forced its still your choice... Also its only logical that with more people you can do things more efficiently is it not? If you are building a house alone you will obv take much longer than if you had 4 other ppl helping you out.

• I don't think either of you have played Diablo 3 enough to understand the benefits of grouping. You get more XP in groups than solo, more gold, more items. You are able to do higher rifts in groups, which in turns gives you even more XP/gold/items etc etc. Since you can do higher rifts in groups, you are able to level your gems to a higher level which in turns enables you to clearer higher level rifts.

Well my point wasn't so much that it was better, rather that solo was feasible at all. There are some MMO's where solo is highly frowned upon and you can very little solo. Others have the opposite extreme. Obviously Bless is going to have to incentivize grouping because if they don't who will group? There has to be some sort of bonus to grouping, it exists in every game and Diablo is no different. Right now the only real incentive to group is to finish the higher level dungeons. In comparison to some other games, Bless is rather lacking in group content.

You said previously that solo players are royally screwed in D3. They aren't.

I'll let you judge if I don't play enough. I am at nearly 2k paragon, I have 4 characters on the solo leaderboards, 2 on the 4 man leaderboards. I level every class every season...I always TRY one hardcore. I'm probably one of the first few people every season to get 70 and gear up on my own and then start power-leveling people. Half of my time is spent solo, and I do just fine. You're right that grouping up is better in the end, but solo players do just fine.