How much is it gonna cost

• I'll show you how I answer people all the time:

A few Emissaries will LIVE Stream on May 11th. So 'Guess' is 3rd or 4th week of May.

No Prices have yet been given on Founder's Packs.

• I was just wondering how much money it is gonna be to play this game 60$ or 30$ ?

I think that OP was just throwing it out there to see what people have heard or think. There was one thread that said someone at the PAX booth was throwing around a $20 cost. That to me seems very low. Im a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

• I can see no valid reason why the developers/publishers would decide to lock away Capitalism for the day and out of the goodness of their hearts offer the game at a significantly lower price than any other premium game around. They have to pay their bills just like you or I, plus employees, creditors, as well as hoping to make a profit.

Suffice to say that I would expect to game to be priced reasonably.

EDIT; of course we can always hope :)

"Anyone can love a thing because. That’s as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect"

• 20 is a bit low to me, but I guess that will bring more people into the game. Just hope you really don't get anything other than game access for that low of a cost.

I think with the lower cost it would attract the wrong type of player.. Spammers, Griefers and botters. If it were a $60 game it would thin the baddies.

• I think with the lower cost it would attract the wrong type of player.. Spammers, Griefers and botters. If it were a $60 game it would thin the baddies.

I hope its gonna be a reasonable price, so me and my friends can buy it, we aren't as u may call 'wrong type of players' or 'baddies', we are just not that good with money right now, around 20-30$ would be a good price for any pockets. They can just add founder packs for extra bucks since they need money for development I guess. ?(
    Spammers and bots are everywhere there's no avoiding to that.

• I hope its gonna be a reasonable price, so me and my friends can buy it, we aren't as u may call 'wrong type of players' or 'baddies', we are just not that good with money right now, around 20-30$ would be a good price for any pockets. They can just add founder packs for extra bucks since they need money for development I guess. ?(
    Spammers and bots are everywhere there's no avoiding to that.

I completely understand. I truly hope Bless can do something to reign in the Bots and Spammers. Nothing worse than opening day with a million and one spammers.

• I like to think more in terms of dollar per hour of entertainment and how much am I willing to spend for an hour of entertainment. Am I likely to play this for more than 100 hours? Yes. Is $1 too little to pay for an hour of entertainment? Probably. Is $100 dollars to little to ask for more than 5 days (in real world time) of entertainment? You betcha. $100? Thats darn cheap IMHO. I would pay more.

Obviously my point of view is my point of view and opinions differ. Also in the interest of making the game achieve its "massively multi-player" status, dev's need to consider diverse player budgets etc.

$47 sounds about just right. :D

• There are a couple of previous releases for B2P games of the same genre so they might (or must) factor that in because that's what was out there before. I'm talking specifically about BNS and BDO (the two that I know of). There could be others with a similar release day tier pricing too.

If they wanted to make a positive impact on the community they'd offer the multiple tiers for cheaper prices during those respective game's launches. They could simply match them too. It wouldn't be a smart thing to price it higher than what people have seen other games launch at so there's that aspect to consider as well.

Because this is the landscape they are stepping into they kind of have to pay attention and react to what's already been done.

If people have been hearing a $20 price tag get thrown around then I can only surmise that it's the 'base' tier for just the game. I'm going to just speculate that the highest tier will be around $100 (i.e. that's what BDO offered) and that there will be one or two tiers in between with appropriate price ranges. Just my guess though. Ultimately, they could certainly surprise us all.

Looking forward to May 11 for the specifics.

• You'd be surprised how many are willing to buy it (even with past fails) solely because they'd rather buy to play, than have it free to play. I'd rather see multiple tiers for buying it so those who can afford 20.00 get that price, and others have options to buy a higher priced tier.

i hope its less than 20$ considering it was free in all the other regions

also most people wont be willing to pay too much for this game due to how its failed multiple times and even closed its servers before

• Personally, I think because they chose a B2P model for the west and that the different regions were handled quite differently (i.e. via publishers while the west will not) the story might be quite different. That's really all I have going for me on the plus side though since time and time again the "game" (no matter who was ultimately responsible; publisher or developers) has hurt the players (i.e. Archeage), or straight up lied (i.e. BDO), or etc. The publisher or the developer may have contractual limitations on one or the other in addition to basically being two different companies that many a times will have different opinions on how they'd want the end result to be. The greedier side tends to be the one that ruins it for the players in the end and because you only need one of them out of the two it seems more probable that we'd just get hurt.

I'm kind of putting my faith in my (quite possibly) last attempt at this genre as a whole to be honest. Which is why I'm going to support it with the highest tier available. Since there's that difference that Neowiz has that the others don't (specifically self publishing in the west) along with the gut feeling that it just might be different this time around.

The more I poke around and just simply lurk on various places the more I seem to get the feeling that they are actually listening to the players. The biggest parts being the fact that they cancelled the service contract with the initial western publisher and went the self-publishing route as well as putting their foot down on the B2P model.

Guess I had a lot on my mind about the topic after all. Sorry about the walls. Made a TLDR version.

TLDR: Don't blame them too much for how it ended up elsewhere or even their history. Some things are just out of their control or people simply made mistakes and seem like they are trying to correct it. If you'd like to make a positive impact on the western release then support them in your own way (I'm not trying to justify buying the highest tier or simply shell money at em).

• I'm kind of putting my faith in my (quite possibly) last attempt at this genre as a whole to be honest.

Same here, although for me its definitely the last unless we have some truly ground breaking technological or gaming advancement come along but I figure I'll still be too old to be swayed even then.

Too often these days I just use my PC for Netflix and browsing, rather than gaming. I get home from work and CBA.

"Anyone can love a thing because. That’s as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect"