Race/Class Change Vouchers?

• I agree with Pentrep.

Think about it this way, while they would make some money off of class change tokens, people who do end up wanting to try different classes and are willing to buy them would take away one of the things that would likely keep them playing the game....trying out the other classes you might like. If you like a class enough then you should be okay with leveling the character up, whether you have already played through the story line before or not. So in my opinion while it ends up getting the company a little bit more money, they would likely end up losing a good amount of their player base sooner due to becoming bored with the game from having tried all of the classes at an earlier time.

If they happened to have class change tokens then they would have to bring in new content to the game at a faster pace in order to keep a huge portion of their playerbase, and if they did that it would likely mean more lower quality content. Creating and getting new content ready to release takes a lot of time and money, especially content of good quality.

There is also a level of impulsiveness when considering racial or class changes. There are many people who don't actually think about what their doing before they do it, then regret the decision later. If you implement racial/class change vouchers then you weaken the power of making firm decisions. I understand people change their mind, but at some point the user has to be held accountable for poor decisions.

• As an alt-aholic, what I'd really like to see is a chance to get enough character slots to have one of every class (and race). I don't really care for class change tickets or race change tickets. It's sort of world breaking.

If you want a new class, make a new character. Unless the option for a class change took you down to level 1 so you could start over on that class with your same name/appearance/etc.

• I am against class change cause that would make too big impact on the game. Imagine a class becoming OP after balance patch and 90% of pop switching to that class... Race change would be a good and harmless way for devs to make money though.

As much as I'd like something like class change to be possible, I just came from a game where this was a reality. I was able to save a lot of progress and a unique mount I won that was exclusive to a contest I entered by using the class change. However 90% of the game pop were assassins because they were just introduced and extremely overpowered in PvP. A nerf was coming but it was taking months. You couldn't find a tank to save your life, people had to make alts.

• As much as I'd like something like class change to be possible, I just came from a game where this was a reality. I was able to save a lot of progress and a unique mount I won that was exclusive to a contest I entered by using the class change. However 90% of the game pop were assassins because they were just introduced and extremely overpowered in PvP. A nerf was coming but it was taking months. You couldn't find a tank to save your life, people had to make alts.

That goes for most games though. Whenever a new class is released the population distribution tends to waver for a while in favor of that class. It takes a while before the population distribution normalizes.

• That goes for most games though. Whenever a new class is released the population distribution tends to waver for a while in favor of that class. It takes a while before the population distribution normalizes.

This is true. The game in question already suffered very low population overall, so it hurt more than it really should have.

• This is true. The game in question already suffered very low population overall, so it hurt more than it really should have.

Well the JP population wasn't bad but the KR population was definitely low. It's difficult to say what the NA/EU population will be.