Adversting (Guests only)

[Guide] Crafting

• NOTE: FGT2 changed how loot dropped from dungeon bosses. Now bosses drop actual gear instead of just materials. As such, crafting may be completely useless. Will update when we hear more.

CRAFTING IN BLESS DOES NOT WORK THE SAME FOR ANY OTHER MMO. THIS IS A UNIQUE, QUIRKY SYSTEM. You will not gather items for an hour, then go to a forge and craft for an hour.

Crafting is very straightforward in BLESS: If you have the mats and skill, you can craft the item yourself. If you have the mats and gold, an NPC can probably craft the item for you instead.

Please see post directly below this one for comparisons of stats between level 16/26 crafted gear. Also, that post contains clarifying examples of Production Skill Level requirements to craft various rarities of gear.

General Notes About Crafting

• There is only 1 "crafting" and 1 "gathering" skill.

• In other words, there is no armorsmithing, alchemy, herbalism, mining, etc.
      • Just "Production" and "Gathering".
    • All Productions earn XP toward the single Production skill and all gathering of any items goes toward leveling up the Gathering skill.
    • All recipes are automatically available in the Production and Co-Production (NPC) tabs.

• This includes green, blue, purple, AND legendary recipes.
    • Select the item you want to craft and click Production.
    • The MAIN gating restraint toward leveling your crafting is the enormous cost of the currencies involved. NOT Fatigue. Fatigue plays virtually no role at all in gating progress in leveling your crafting. The most Fatigue required to craft a piece of gear is 5 Fatigue.
      • A level 16 green item costs an average of 750-900 "found" currency that comes only from killing mobs, minion missions, and some quests.
      • By level 20, doing everything possible along the way, you'll have between 7,000-8,000 total of that currency.
      • 7 pieces of armor * 750-900 = ~6,000 currency spent on JUST a level 16 green set. And that set is 4 levels below you and you have no access to level 20+ mats until you move to a 20+ zone.
      • A level 24-26 piece of gear requires an average of 1,000-1,200 "found" currency.
      • The more rare the item to be crafted, the more differing currencies it can require.
      • Some crafted items require a couple thousand of all three currencies: mob, dungeon, and PVP, for a SINGLE craft, plus 2 gathered mats.
    • Crafted items appear to give various amounts of XP toward leveling the Production Level.

• 6 Level 16 crafted pieces gave 30 total XP (5 XP each).
      • A level 26 crafted belt only gave 3 XP.
      • Level 2 in Production is nearly 2,000 XP.
      • In order to reach Level 2 in "Crafting", you need to have crafted 400+ items, unless you start earning a LOT more xp/craft later on.

Crafting is accomplished one of two ways:

• You gather the mats and a player crafts the item ("Fabrication").
    • You gather the mats and provide them to an NPC who crafts the item for you ("Co-Production").

Either crafting type requires the following conditions are met:

• All crafting items must be in your inventory.

• Some items are acquired via killing mobs (fur, feathers).
      • Some items are acquired via gathering (ores, plants).
      • Crafting mats have various rarities, just like with gear: white, green, blue, epic, and legendary. (Yes, there are legendary recipes.)
      • Some mats appear to be rare "critical" successes off gathering.
    • You must have enough of the crafting currencies (found points, honor, adventure tokens) as well as the mob or gathered mats.

• Every craft will require a currency earned by killing mobs, in PVP, or doing dungeons.
      • Some crafts require all three currencies in addition to the mob or gathered mats.

"Fabrication"

• Players craft these items.
    • Crafted items include weapons, armor, jewelry, potions, food materials (mats used to craft food and drinks), food, and drinks.
    • This crafting type consumes Fatigue.
    • To craft an item, you need to meet the skill level requirements.
    • Crafted items can be normal or have a critical (jackpot) success which improves the stats of the item.

How to Craft Via Production (Player) Method

1. Open Production UI from menu icons in bottom right of screen.

2. Rating is the quality of the item you want to craft.

3. Classification 1 is which type of item you want to craft.

4. Classification 2 is which slot (for armor) or weapon type (mace, sword, etc.) for weapons.

5. Select the item you want to craft and click it. Be sure it has the stats you want (e.g. Wisdom for Paladins).

6. The "Production" button on the bottom left just crafts one of the item selected. Using the All Production allows you to craft as many of that item as you have mats for.

"Co-Production"

• NPCs craft the items for you.
    • Crafted items include weapons, armor, trinkets (jewelry). No consumables are NPC crafted.
    • This crafting type requires you pay the NPC with gold.
    • Crafting items via the NPC does not improve your own crafting skill level.
    • Crafted items can only be normal; no critical successes.
    • UI is exactly the same as with Production.

Here's a chart for you visual folks.

Notes about gathering:

• Every gather attempt requires a pickaxe for ores or the plant gathering "tool box".
    • If you do not have at least one of the appropriate gathering tools in your inventory, you cannot gather.
    • Gathering does provide you with some character XP as well as Gathering XP.
    • Every gather attempt consumes 2 Fatigue.
    • Gathering has its own leveling system, which means you will need to be a certain Gathering level in order to gather higher level materials.
    • Gathering XP is gained VERY slowly.

• Each gather is worth 4 Gathering XP to start. That does increase to 6, 8, etc. based on the level in which you are gathering.
      • To reach level 2 in Gathering, you need to earn over 600 XP.
      • To reach level 3 in Gathering, you need over 3,000 XP.
    • Gathering apparently caps at 160 and 320 for no obvious reason. Here are some possibilities:

• It's bugged. You still get screen announcements you get Gathering XP, but it doesn't advance.
      • Character level - need to level up more to start earning Gathering XP again.
      • Zone level - maybe the nodes are too low level to count?
      • Hard cap per day - maybe you can only progress Gathering so far each day.

Here's what it looks like when you've gotten to Level 2 Gathering. I assume it matches the Production side where there are also 6 Levels, but I cannot verify that.

http://file.pmang.kr/images/pm…_contents/bless_main.html

• Easier to use this post to describe some of the mechanics of how crafting works as well and help clear up some misconceptions about "having to level Production skill level".

This post will walk through crafting a level 26 green, comparisons to my level 16 green in that same slot, and the differences in Production Level required based on the rarity of the item being crafted.

1. It appears all green quality items through at least level 45 only require Production Level 1 to craft.

2. This pair of level 45 green hands only requires Production Skill Level 1.

3. On the other hand, a level 30 pair of epic pants requires Production Skill Level 5! So, Production Level is tied directly to quality of gear you'd like to make. If you're only making green quality gear, then you only need Level 1 to make it yourself.

4. Production Level appears to cap at 6 and that is required for some higher level epics, but also for legendary crafts, such as this level 45 legendary cloth chest piece.

5. The main thing to understand is that even at 10 levels of difference for same-rarity items, there is not a TON of stat difference. Here is an example of level 16 green gloves and level 26 green gloves.

While 17 Wisdom is a 25% improvement over the 13 Wisdom from the lower level piece, it still is not dozens of stat point different. And, things like Power and Magic Armor are still incremental improvements.

Of course, having a couple extra points * 7 pieces of armor would make a nice improvement in overall skill, having enough of the currencies and crafting mats makes it virtually impossible to actually craft entire sets every few (or even every 10) levels.

For reference, my character was level 32, still wearing a full level 16 set of green armor and a level 26 story quest reward 1H+shield. I also have white level 10, 16, and 15 accessories equipped. I was still very able to manage the level 29+ content.

As it currently stands, it will be impossible to have enough of the mats required - AT LEVEL - to craft gear that will keep up with your level. This is especially true with no Auction House in the game at this time.

• I don't see this anywhere, are the crafting skills you can learn limited? Like 2-3 per character as in other MMOs, or you can learn them all?

Good question. There are no "crafting" and "gathering" skills (e.g. armorsmithing and mining). It's Production or NPC-created crafting. That's it. No matter which Production items you make, they all go toward leveling your Production skill.

No matter what gathering you do, the XP all goes toward the Gathering skill.

Updated OP to reflect answer.

• Adversting (Guests only)

• Then are there rare recipes to learn, or do you unlock every recipe available when you level up Production?

Every recipe in the game is already in the Production tab. Currently, all recipes up to level 45 are displayed and they do include green, blue, and purple items.

You do not learn any recipe. You just need to have the mats in your inventory (and the required skill if you're crafting it yourself), then click Production.

• Updated OP for clarity:

The MAIN gating restraint toward leveling your crafting is the enormous cost of the currencies involved. NOT Fatigue. Fatigue plays virtually no role at all in gating progress in leveling your crafting.

• The most Fatigue required to craft a piece of gear is 5 Fatigue.
    • A level 16 green item costs an average of 1,000 "found" currency that comes only from killing mobs, minion missions, and some quests.
    • By level 20, doing everything possible along the way, you'll have between 7,000-8,000 total of that currency.
    • 7 pieces of armor * 1,000 = 7,000 currency spent on JUST a level 16 green set. And that set is 4 levels below you and you have no access to level 20+ mats until you move to a 20+ zone.
    • A level 24-26 piece of gear requires an average of 2,000 "found" currency.
    • The more rare the item to be crafted, the more currencies it can require.
    • Some crafted items require a couple thousand of all three currencies: mob, dungeon, and PVP, for a SINGLE craft.

Crafted items appear to give as much XP per craft as the cost of the Fatigue to craft it.

So, all armor and weapons give 5 XP per craft.

Level 2 in Production is nearly 2,000 XP.

In order to reach Level 2 in "Crafting", you need to have crafted 400+ items.

I have no clue by when you could realistically expect to have crafted THAT much, unless you suddenly start gaining a LOT more XP/craft at higher levels or something.

• So, I reviewed dozens of recipes and we all made a horribly fatal flaw in our expectations of how crafting works.

Level 45 green gear only requires LEVEL 1 PRODUCTION. :) You only need level 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 crafting higher quality gear (some epics and legendaries do require level 6, even though the level required to equip the gear is 30).

I took a bunch of pics and will try to update the crafting post here soon.

UPDATE: First and second posts in this thread are updated with a ton of new information. Hope that helps answer questions.

• This post needs a severe overhaul. I'm gathering information from the OBT. But just a heads up, everything in this post is outdated, as they entirely revamped the crafting system in OBT

Given crafting is something they tried to dramatically overhaul in the reversion to FGT, I have no doubt crafting is outdated. I will not be playing BLESS anytime soon, so if you have legitimate updates, please let me know! There's no reason we can't get the guide updated. :)

• I'll look into it. But I haven't maxxed out crafting yet. I know some people are working on it as well.

The Fatigue cost for crafting is all across the board.

Hypothesis - Your Lvl affects fatigue cost in crafting. Higher level you are, less fatigue cost.

• I'll look into it. But I haven't maxxed out crafting yet. I know some people are working on it as well.

The Fatigue cost for crafting is all across the board.

Hypothesis - Your Lvl affects fatigue cost in crafting. Higher level you are, less fatigue cost.

Can you please test the cost per item type? It was directly related to the type of thing being crafted. Armor/weapons/jewelry cost 5, food materials cost 1, food itself cost 2.

• I looked through the crafting tab and the highest AP cost I saw was 20 for gear

You can craft rares with production 1 but they were level 30 or low 30s at the highest

Production req. level for heavy were higher than other gear

Production levels were 4 for most gear above 30 that were rare and epic was 8

I saw production cost 9 for potions and random food

I'm not max level but this should give some insight