[FPS FIX] How to fix your FPS Drops

• Hi,

the game is developed with UE3 which is the same as TERA and has some flaws like FPS drops and bad utilization.

I cannot gurarantee for 60FPS 24/7 but it will improve your gameplay by far!

In order to do so please do the following:

1. Install Notepad++ (Google it)

2. Write down your GPU Memory in MB (For example, I have a NVidia GTX 1060 with 6GB RAM so I do quick math:

6*1024 = 6144)

3. Open the following engine configuration file (The following paths are default game path, might be different depands on where you installed the game):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bless Online\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini

Use CTRL+F in order to find the specified value, for example if I say "ABC=FALSE" search for "ABC=" and change the value from true to false.

Change the following:

bStaticDecalsEnabled=False
    bDynamicDecalsEnabled=False
    bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=False
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120

bShouldLogStatsData=False (THIS LINE WILL NOT EXISTS!! ADD THIS LINE SO IT WILL BE LINE NUMBER 241)

PhysXGpuHeapSize=64

PhysXMeshCacheSize=16

MipFadeInSpeed0=0
    MipFadeOutSpeed0=0
    MipFadeInSpeed1=0

MipFadeOutSpeed1=0

MinTextureResidentMipCount=7

PoolSize= X (X equals your GPU memory in MB as mentioned before, my value will be 6144 for ex.)

MemoryMargin= Y (Y equals your GPU memory in MB / 4, if it exceeds 512MB than Y=512)

ThreadedShaderCompileThreshold=Z (Z equals to your number of CPU cores, for example I have i5-8500 so Z=4)

bAllowMotionBlurSkinning=False

4. Open the following configuration file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bless Online\Engine\Config\BaseSystemSettings.ini

Use CTRL+F in order to find the specified value, for example if I say "ABC=FALSE" search for "ABC=" and change the value from true to false.

Change the following:

Distortion=False (There are multiple values named like this on the file - You can use CTRL+H in order to replace them all)

FilteredDistortion=False (There are multiple values named like this on the file - You can use CTRL+H in order to replace them all)

DropParticleDistortion=False (There are multiple values named like this on the file - You can use CTRL+H in order to replace them all)

DynamicShadows=False (There are multiple values named like this on the file - You can use CTRL+H in order to replace them all)

LightEnvironmentShadows=False

FogVolumes=False

StaticDecals=False (There are multiple values named like this on the file - You can use CTRL+H in order to replace them all)

Well that is it!

Enjoy improved performence!

• Alright so I used this and no matter what I do, the game ends up looking like a potato. See the screenshot. I worked my way down editing different variables and I'm down to just these edited.

Code
    1. PhysXGpuHeapSize=64
    2. PhysXMeshCacheSize=16
    3. PoolSize=8192
    4. MemoryMargin= 2048
    5. ThreadedShaderCompileThreshold=8

And it still looks this way. Now correct me if I'm wrong here. I have an i7-7700k and an R9 390 with 8gb vram. Have I edited this incorrectly? Also my in-game graphics setting is set to the preset of 5. I also went in and unlocked the fps which I had done previously by changing bSmoothFrameRate to false in BaseEngine.ini however I don't feel that is the cause because it all looked fine before.

//Edit I noticed I didn't read the MemoryMargin correctly, changed to 512 and am testing real quick.

//Edit - Okay last edit, It seems me not reading correctly was the cause. Setting MemoryMargin to 512 fixed everything.

• Hi nireyes25,

first i wanna say thank you for posting this :D

But unfortanley i have a question about the MemoryMargin.

My System is a Intel Core i5 - 7400 CPU @ 3.00 GHz with 8 GB RAM

What should i add at the Memory Margin with a System like this :D

Cheers

• Im not sure if im doing this correct

Poolsize = Total available Graphics Memory or dedicated video memory?

Like this: MemoryMargin=4 ?

Just read the instructions again carefully.

We're talking about GPU (Your Graphics Card) Memory.

As I said, if I have 6GB GPU then in MB it will be 6144 (6GB*1024 = 6144MB)

Means my Poolsize is 6144.

My memoryMargin is 6144/4 which makes 1536, but since its larger than 512 -

My memoryMargin is 512.

Hope you will understand it now.

Cheers

• https://www.reddit.com/r/Bless…ss_online_russian_client/

Nice try at least give credit if you steal a guide

also most of the stuff doesn't work anymore you should have tested it most of these options are not even doing anything because the INI doesn't get loaded completely in the EU version.

The Only think working is GPU size and distortion

• This fix did work for me, but it made not only the splash screen problem worse, it also created a handle leak.
    After about 50 mins of playtime the Bless.exe will reach over 200.000 handles which even my threadripper couldn´t handle anymore (badum ts).

It may depend on your system, but after resetting those files it went back to about 5.000 handles even after 4 hours of continous dungeon grind.

• Thank you for the this guide, however, I still am having issues with the game's inconsistent fps. I have an older Vishera AMD CPU running at 8 cores, 4.0 Ghz, 16 gb of ram, and a brand new Nvidia 1080 Ti graphics card with an SSD hard drive. I am hoping this is fixed....somehow. It's rather ridiculous I have a $1000 video card and I run the game between 12 fps only to shoot up to 60 fps intermittently and never topping out over 70. Anyone have any more ideas?

:(?(:thumbdown:

• So I made all these changes, but nothing has worked so far, there have been no improvements or damage done. Im having a really strange problem where If i am alt tabbed or running the task manager, even with the game still up on a different screen, it runs fine at 60-120 fps, but the moment i start playing the game, it drops down to 20-30 fps. Does anyone know what happening or have any help to offer?