[Guide] Enable Invert Mouse Functionality

• Bless doesn't have a setting in the Interface menu to enable Invert Mouse in either the Korean or Japanese versions of the game. In the streams that covered the recent press event for the NA release, it doesn't look like that option will be included when Bless enters Early Access on the May 28th. Since this option is critical for my enjoyment, I decided to do some research and see if there was a way to enable it via customization in the ini files since the engine is based on Unreal 3. After a few hours of Google investigating and some good ol trial & error, I'm happy to say there is a way to enable this option by adjusting the BLinput.ini file.

Here's how to do it:

1.) Open your Bless root directory to the "Config" folder. It should be under GameOn -> Bless -> BLGame -> Config

2.) Select the "BLInput.ini" and open it using Notepad.

3.) Insert the line bInvertMouse=true

4.) Save the file and launch Bless

This was tested using the Japanese client but I would assume this will also work in the NA release as well.

Enjoy!

• You could also just change the functionality of your mouse and inverse it's natural direction.
    :teaching:

Thanks for reading, I hope you're having a good day, and to see you once the game has launched!~♫♫:saint:Banner.2.png

⏬ If you haven't yet, here's the link to join the official Bless Online Discord here! ⏬
    🢂 https://discord.gg/qAH8gcx 🢀
    unknown.png
    If you liked this post, throw me a thumbs up on the bottom right, as a reminder to keep up the daily activity!

• You could also just change the functionality of your mouse and inverse it's natural direction.

That is not what this accomplishes.

This inverts the mouse on the y-axis for camera-control/mouse-look only and doesn't invert the y-axis for standard mouse usage. The above is equivalent of the same setting found almost all other MMOs like World of Warcraft, FFXIV, Guild Wars 2, and Elder Scrolls Online. For folks that are accustomed to the invert mouse option in PC games, playing without is very jarring and can make the game unplayable. :)

• Xaxius For those whom have with have programmable mouses you can set a toggle to do it, to specifically invert certain parts of a mouse, like only X direction, or only Y direction. There's also programs which emulate this. Just providing an alternative solution if it isn't added to the game.

But I totally agree that, it's not something hard to set up, so why not just have it in game.

So... Like what do you use the inverted mouse function for? I too have never really understood why you'd want it.
    :huh?:

Thanks for reading, I hope you're having a good day, and to see you once the game has launched!~♫♫:saint:Banner.2.png

⏬ If you haven't yet, here's the link to join the official Bless Online Discord here! ⏬
    🢂 https://discord.gg/qAH8gcx 🢀
    unknown.png
    If you liked this post, throw me a thumbs up on the bottom right, as a reminder to keep up the daily activity!

• Based on my experience, the need for invert mouse is generally tied to older PC gamers. In my own experience, I grew up playing FPS titles on the PC in the mid-late 90s and most people I knew played with inverted controls. That, of course, bled into 3d MMORPGs like EverQuest and World of Warcraft. Based on the below requests/inquiries I've seen, there seems to be a valid need for this to exist in-game.

Need help , new player exotrax

Invert mouse option in-game? Nemeses

https://steamcommunity.com/app…ns/0/2828702373004963861/

For more perspective, this video does a good job of explaining the issue/need.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :) 

• The only things I ever played inverted were Flying games / simulators. I always had this natural urge that when I push "
    UP" I go up!

OP, nice Icon <3