Basic class questions, need answer from experienced people!

• Hey guys, I'm waiting for Bless Steam release and i have a few questions.
    (PS: I did NOT play any other versions)

Is the assassin same as every other game? NO AOE skills? Only stealth, crit from behind and stuff like that? Because no one wants a class like that in pve / raid parties, so most likely, you have to grind / solo your way up to max level which is boring and slow AF usually.

Is berserker viable in pve/pvp? I'm mostly into 1v1/3v3 in games.

What's a good 3v3 or PVE class combo? Is it the typical tank/semi tank + healer + DPS? Or mage for AOE clear?

Do ranged classes like ranger/archer/whatever have advantages over you in pvp if there is server lag? For example in C9 i was getting 4-5 hits per second due to lag, could only see arrows hitting me and eventually, died, lol

What's the max level and what are the ways to reach it? I don't mind grinding, questing, raiding, i'm just asking. I'm an oldschool mmorpg player from the gold days.

Also, please tell me free PK is available. I miss the good old days where everyone could kill everyone, then you get kos-d by guilds, you have the fear of death and ganking on every map, etc

Thanks!

• Just going to say that my information may be a little dated and stems from the Korean server.

Is the assassin same as every other game? NO AOE skills? Only stealth, crit from behind and stuff like that? Because no one wants a class like that in pve / raid parties, so most likely, you have to grind / solo your way up to max level which is boring and slow AF usually.

While I have never rolled an assassin, I do have a friend that did (does, idk if he still plays). From my experiences playing with one I can say that assassins do a lot of damage and are fairly slippery due to their abilities. In PvE the assassin takes on the role of single target dps, with some situational utility in the forms of "Mist" (AoE that deals damage to enemies that enter it and decrease their accuracy), "Shadowslash" (dashes to an enemy and stuns them), and "Shadowswitch" (switch locations with an enemy). Assassins also have some decent PvE combat steroids such as "Assassin" and "Time for Execution".

In PvP assassins do the same job (high dps) and want to use their stealth, mobility and damage to take out high priority targets (such as mystics) and control critical points on the map. This is done by using "Acrobatic movement" (a movespeed and damage steroid) "Time for Execution" and the plethora of smaller damage buffs that the assassin must properly manage. Overall I would say that the class has a relatively steep learning curve as cooldowns are long and the timing can be hard to get used to.

Again, sorry if any of that information is outdated or incorrect, I never played one, I just played with one.

Is berserker viable in pve/pvp? I'm mostly into 1v1/3v3 in games.

Berserker is viable in both pve and pvp. Once again, I never played it though (I rolled a Mystic, a Paladin and a Guardian). As you stated you like 1v1s and 3v3s I will start with what makes them great at PvP: their mixture of damage and resistances. A berserker will be less tanky than a guardian and do less damage than an assassin; however, once they die they can revive for 10 seconds. Many players either don't respect or over-respect this ability when fighting berserkers and it allows you to capitalize on the confusion. In 1v1s this allows you to secure a kill in close fights, or at the very least give your guildies / party some extra time to arrive. In 3v3s the same ability (although I forgot the name) is used to pivot pressure from one combatant to another (pressure a healer with little consequence) or to simply buy your team some more time.

As for PvE you use your mixture of damage and disruption (many of your abilities will do both) to chain CC mobs and interrupt spells.

What's a good 3v3 or PVE class combo? Is it the typical tank/semi tank + healer + DPS? Or mage for AOE clear

When I played on the Korean server I mostly played in a 5 man group. We did; however, occasionally play alone, in pairs, or in groups of three or four. The group that I personally had the most fun (and success) in 3 man groups had to be

• Berserker (physical damage and some tank)
    • Mage (magical damage)
    • Paladin (healing, and some extra damage)

This group provides you with a mix of physical damage, magic damage, CC and healing. Of course there are other class combinations that do "okay" and with the various different ways you can build each class you can make almost any combination work as long as you communicate.

Do ranged classes like ranger/archer/whatever have advantages over you in pvp if there is server lag? For example in C9 i was getting 4-5 hits per second due to lag, could only see arrows hitting me and eventually, died, lol

Thanks!

Several melee classes have ways to reduce incoming projectile / spell damage. This; however, won't save you if you can't close the gap to threaten them. Like in any other game lag isn't your friend and fighting ranged enemies while melee is hard when you are lagging especially if you can't chain your CC effectively.

Although I can say having a deep understanding of the game can help you deal with lag. Understanding how your abilities need to be chained and timing them in your head allows you to output some damage (and a semi-proper rotation) even while dealing with lag.

While I can't say there is one class that excels with high ping or lag (as none really do) there are a few classes/specs with more lax rotations that aren't as severely punished due to lag. One of which seems to be the berserker (as the majority of their damage comes from Thunder Strike) Sadly this doesn't fix your issue of being destroyed by ranged classes during lag spikes.

What's the max level and what are the ways to reach it? I don't mind grinding, questing, raiding, i'm just asking. I'm an oldschool mmorpg player from the gold days.

The max level is 50 on the Korean servers, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was only 45 for the Western release. As for the leveling process the game (mostly) sticks to the formula many other MMOs use.

Also, please tell me free PK is available. I miss the good old days where everyone could kill everyone, then you get kos-d by guilds, you have the fear of death and ganking on every map, etc

Once you reach a certain level threshold (30 iirc) you will be flagged for open world PvP.

Thanks!

No problem! If you have any other questions don't be afraid to ask, there are plenty of people around who know just as much, if not more, than I do about the game.

Sorry if any info is dated or not accurate for the Western release, while I try to retain my knowledge of games. Sadly not playing for some time makes it hard to remember ability names and proper usage.

Congratulations!

You just read another wall of text!:thumbup:

Formatting may be strange for some time, it is hard to type with a broken wrist...

• The only thing I have to add to this is that you'll have to wait for assassin. It along with mystic are not planned for release during EA. Warlock, assuming it's ever released, will also come later.

• No problem @Lowlife77, I'm just trying to help people out in the small ways that I can. If you have any more questions feel free to ask, somebody will be around to answer them.

Congratulations!

You just read another wall of text!:thumbup:

Formatting may be strange for some time, it is hard to type with a broken wrist...

• Having played Assassin (KR Rebuild Assassin, there will be some differences once the game will launch on Steam) up to level 37, can say it has very good solo target damage, but will struggle against multiple enemies (I remember a secondary quest that took me 30 minutes because of waves of 15 ennemies at the time + time limit to kill all of them, my friend who played Mage finished the quest in 2 minutes), in PvE especially, because of the lack of good AoE damage skill. You can however get the job done with a speciallized build for large groups PvE. Assassin is really good in boss fights (if you have a good team to tank a bit of damage) though, because of it's really high damage.

• Different factions and races have different stories

It didn't seem to me that the races had different stories except at the start, after that they normalized into whatever faction they were in.