The PVP system in BLESS is fairly complicated and the Google Translation results leave a lot to be desired. Here’s what we can figure out about it at this time.
- There are two major modes of PVP: open world and battlegrounds (“It may scramble” and “Strasbourg”).
- Open world can be unlimited number of players (though probably mostly small groups) and PVP is always on.
- Participating in RVR (Strausburg castle sieges) requires spending Fatigue.
- At this time, it appears killing regular players in open world PVP does not cost Fatigue.
- Participating in PVP also helps your guild earn influence/reputation, but we don’t know how much is earned.
- There is a cash shop item that allows you to turn off PVP for your character for a limited amount of time. (Scroll to end of post to read how it works.)
- Participating in PVP earns you currency (honor) to be used to purchase a class set, and you gain XP.
There are 4 different settings a zone can have regarding PVP
- Peace Area. No PVP allowed.
- Conflict Area. PVP allowed.
- Faction Protected Area. “Faction specific aggressive non-Area”. I assume that means you can attack your own faction?
- Friendly Protected Areas. “Faction-specific aggressive coverage area”. Maybe this means you cannot attack your own faction.
- PVP ranks are leaderboards that cover the past 10 days of PVP activity.
- The top 18 ranks are displayed in the leaderboard on the server.
- The character’s level, class, and rank are displayed.
Strasbourg Siege (castle siege)
- Strasbourg is apparently 100v100 in an hour-long timed event. You queue up for this event like arenas or battlegrounds in most MMOs.
- Based on your level, Strausburg cost over 60 Fatigue per queue and went up to well over 75 Fatigue by level 29 or 30.
- Strausburg required players to be level 25+ to queue.
- Strausburg also auto-leveled everyone to the cap (level 45 for CBT3), so there is some normalization that is occurring.
- There are 2 castles, one at either end of the map, and Points of Interest to control in the middle.
- There are three paths to reach the enemy castle: left, middle, right.
- Leaderboards will constantly update during the hour-long fight to show medals earned, number of enemy players you killed, number of enemies you contributed to killing, and which faction is in the lead.
It’s A Scramble
- From what I can tell, this can occur at different times during the day.
- This is a Guild vs. Guild arena battle.
- A GM has to sign up to have a specific match against another specific guild.
- GMs have to decide if they will be the attackers or the defenders.
- Winners earn a governance currency that can be spent at a specific NPC in the guild NPC area of the capitol cities.
Here’s how the cash shop item works.
- The cash shop item makes you unattackable in PVP-enabled zones costs 70 gems each.
- The buff only lasts for 10 minutes!
- The cooldown on the item is 60 minutes!! So only 15% of your game time can you prevent PVP.
- Once your storyline progresses passed level 28 or so, you are in open world PVP territory. I was trying to gather and was ganked by a 5-man group.
- Quest hubs and even major camps with several buildings and dozens of NPCs and guards are not PVP-free. There were enemy faction archers sitting on ledges they climbed up behind the quest fortress attacking guards and players who couldn’t retaliate. (NOTE: Going AFK will probably guarantee you are killed.)
- IF you have the peace buff on and you phase into story content, the buff gets removed and you lose all remaining time for that buff.