How do we use the humans we tame?

How do we use the humans we tame?

I understand how to use a fox or whatever as a pet, but I have captured humans and other figures which I can't seem to set on my hotbar. I have seen other characters running around with stuff like skeletons, but I can't summon mine. Could someone explain how this works? I've looked through the guides for the pet system and such, but couldn't find anything for this specific issue.
      Just checked it, but it still doesn't explain how players are able to have minions follow them around like pets. It specifically states in that guide that they can't follow you or participate in battle, but can only be sent on missions. I know it was written back in December, so unless something has changed between then and now for the OBT, either that guide needs to be updated or someone was doing something that weren't supposed to be able to do in the game when I passed by them yesterday.

Nukha wrote:

Some minions are pet. like ghost thingy or fearie ... they look like minions but they are not minions :D

Oh. Well, that makes a lot more sense then, lol. Some of them really do look like they belong in the minion category because they resemble the body type, so it was kind of confusing to me. Thanks for clearing that up.

TetsuyaHikari wrote:

Nukha wrote:

Some minions are pet. like ghost thingy or fearie ... they look like minions but they are not minions :D

Oh. Well, that makes a lot more sense then, lol. Some of them really do look like they belong in the minion category because they resemble the body type, so it was kind of confusing to me. Thanks for clearing that up.

The tameable mobs turn into mounts, pets, or minions.

Mounts are rideable (and yes, there are giant Ogres you can ride, so humanoids are rideable), pets offer buffs in combat and follow you around, and minions run missions for you via the UI and are not interacted with directly like mounts or pets.