FPS Fix

• Hello

All you need to know that Bless is in this same fck engine like TERA, so most of you got problem with FPS.

FIX:

Download config filles i edited, using some tips for Unreal Engine 3 and replace them at: X:\Bless\Engine\Config
    Than tick in preferences for files:
    • BaseSystemSettings
    • BaseGame
    • BaseEngine
    • BaseInput
    Only for Read

You will get boost around +15/30 FPS

sendspace.com/file/oa6o1b
  • Can you explain in a nutshell what is wrong with the official engine configuration and what do these files change?

I also experience performance that is way lower than what I would expect from my PC (and the funny thing is that setting the graphics up highher seems to improve framerate), but... Big company with millions of dollars and all... one would expect they are professional enough to configure their game correctly... :S

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tyrel ().

• Tyrel wrote:

Can you explain in a nutshell what is wrong with the official engine configuration and what do these files change?

I also experience performance that is way lower than what I would expect from my PC (and the funny thing is that setting the graphics up highher seems to improve framerate), but... Big company with millions of dollars and all... once would expect they are professional enough to configure their game correctly... :S

They used standard configuration for this engine like in TERA. I changed many options to false and true to set best preformacne. For example, standard configuration only use 2 cores from CPU, than 4 or 8 .
  • OMG this is for real? I've already replaced it, thanks you very much! I was getting sad cause my PC can't run the game smoothly :c

Tyrel wrote:

Can you explain in a nutshell what is wrong with the official engine configuration and what do these files change?

I also experience performance that is way lower than what I would expect from my PC (and the funny thing is that setting the graphics up highher seems to improve framerate), but... Big company with millions of dollars and all... once would expect they are professional enough to configure their game correctly... :S

Yes dude, I thought I was crazy or something. But it is, higher settings improves frame rate lol!

Btw, any extarnal program to see my ing fps?
  • Xenonino wrote:

Arlend wrote:

OMG this is for real? I've already replaced it, thanks you very much! I was getting sad cause my PC can't run the game smoothly :c

Tyrel wrote:

Btw, any extarnal program to see my ing fps?

i use shadowplay for stream and fps

Ok ty, I'm using it!

I run average 40-60. But my real problems are abupt falls to 10 or 8 in cities where I'm unable to reach at least 30 fps. Should I keep the graphics as you set in 4 or can I lower things?

Well, the abrupt fps drops are everywhere. On the open world I fall from 60 to 30 or 20 everytime and that gives me a feel of freezing all the time.

PS: My specs are: i5 2500, gtx 960 and 8BG RAM
  • I also experience very short FPS drops when moving, or switching channels/instances on the fly (e.g. story quest instance). Feels like streaming in the game world makes the engine stutter, like it locks up for short moments or something. If I stay in one area, FPS stays high whatever I do.

i5 3570K, 8GB, R9 390, and also the game is stored on a Crucial MX200 SSD... should really have no issues whatsoever with streaming in the game world.

Will try this new config sometime this weekend, although I guess it focuses on solving issues different than mine.
  • Hey, i don't no if it's the patch but my game crash sometime with and i7, 16gb of ram and a gtx 970.

@Xenonino Any chance you give your source where you find optimized setting for UE i think i need to configure it by myself to match my config thanks.
  • I am using your settings and i can see a difference. I have gtx980ti, i5 3570k and 8gb ram; i also should have no problem with playing the game at a decent framerate. Anyone else have any idea's. Like I said your settings have helped but i still get lots of stutter, its better than before but still it feels like the game is not optimized. Thanks again.
  • I did what he said to do, however when you Alt Tab, you can no longer get back to the game with the settings you have provided. I noticed a slight difference in better performance but like I said, if you Alt Tab you get stuck outside the game.
  • Hmm I havent had that issue and ive tried playing on fullscreen and windowed/fullscreen. I know there is a fix for this issue, I mean this is ridiculous... $700 gpu does not deserve this kinda framerate. I'm just hoping that this game is gpu dependent and not cpu dependent. I have a i5 3570k which is not bad, but its not an i7. Either way, I know one of these super pc gaming miracle workers will figure this out. I love the game, there are many aspects that i find attractive about it. But the framerate issue just ruins it. I know its not because of lag because i use wtfast and i get a steady 225 ping. C'mon miracle workers and do your magic <3 <3 <3 :D
  • Xenonino wrote:

Tyrel wrote:

They used standard configuration for this engine like in TERA. I changed many options to false and true to set best preformacne. For example, standard configuration only use 2 cores from CPU, than 4 or 8 .

Which file that has the Number of Cores to change? Is it in the BaseEngine file? or what?
  • I would like to have a lightup on WHICH files got edited and WHICH lines...

It's a thing i can do by myself just by comparing the original file with the edited one (also, i just got a look on the files... they are basically things i already know and i already edited on my own on many other games), but would be faster if we know the lines changed from EACH file...

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
Peria Chronicles