WildStar - Any Takers?

WildStar - Any Takers?

New

WildStar just went F2P yesterday with much of the game being revamped.

My biggest disappointment with the game was the fact no one ever ran any dungeons while leveling because they took far too long, were far too hard for average players, and most folks gave up before the final boss was downed. As such, I've yet to see a single dungeon in the game. In nearly 20 years of playing MMORPGs, I have *never* reached max level with zero dungeons ran. I was...so frustrated.

In addition, crafting was felt pointless (and quite expensive), and despite the open world, the game was extremely linear so alts weren't exactly fun either (a major weakness, second only to running dungeons as a healer).

None of my concerns are really mollified now, but, hell, it's F2P so I figured I'd hop back in and see what was what. They also promised much more class balance.

Anyone else planning on giving it a second (or first) look over the next few weeks?

New

im back to playing it but im on the EU servers PVE and PVP i already had a lvl 50 on the PVE server but now im making a new character on the PVP server.

i suggest leaving it a week tho as servers are up and down constantly due to lag, ppl having trouble creating characters and also even logging on.

New

Yeah, had a 5-hour queue time wait tonight. Can't get passed the character creation screen. Sits there for 30 mins with nada. Oh well.

Really unbelievable that in their hour of hopeful redemption, their "megaserver" only has one US PVE option. Having 3,000 people in queue is nutso. Megaservers are pointless when they're administered so poorly. TSW has that stuff down pat. ESO did well after the first couple of weeks. Lots of good examples of games doing it right. Unfortunately, they have a very limited window to get folks interested again.

New

reminds of me archeage

Connecting phone and pc via teamviewer. Launch ArcheAge at 3 p.m. in order to play at 6 p.m. lol ^^

Anyways WildStar never got me hooked so I won't bother trying it ^^

New

Nito wrote:

reminds of me archeage

Connecting phone and pc via teamviewer. Launch ArcheAge at 3 p.m. in order to play at 6 p.m. lol ^^

What games actually got you hooked that you're going back to try? :)

Their relaunch to F2P has been a cluster f*ck. Worst MMO launch pretty much ever (and I've been to dozens of them), which is terribly sad given they needed a successful F2P game to keep the doors open.

New

Organic wrote:

Nito wrote:

reminds of me archeage

What games actually got you hooked that you're going back to try? :)

(...)

Well I hope I don't drown the mood now ^^ but I usually don't go back to games as I always share a good time with friends and guilds within a game. And after we decide to leave a game as a guild or the majority of the guild the game usually feels very empty when you log in back.

ArcheAge, Aion and GW2 got me somehow hooked up at certain times but I often wiped them from my disk after a few mintues.

Of course it also depends why I left ^^ but as said - usually I don't go back anymore.