Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Race/Class Combos

• Race/Class Combos

Something interesting I've just noticed while going through localization files. There is a file that apparently contains all race/class combos (including races and classes that are not available during CBT3). These can be found in HelpInfo.KOR and they are:

Guardian Berserker Ranger Paladin Assassin Mage Warlock Mystic
      Amistad X X X X X X

Pantera X X X
      X

Aqua Elves X
      X X X X

Iblis X X X X X X X X
      Sirens X
      X X X X

Habichts X X X X X X

Lupus X X X
      X
      X X
      Sylvan Elves X
      X X X X

Fedayin X X X X X X X X
      Mascus X
      X X X X

UNION

Amistad
      Guardian
      Berserker
      Ranger
      Paladin
      Mage
      Assassin
      Pantera
      Guardian
      Berserker
      Ranger
      Assassin
      Aqua Elf
      Guardian
      Ranger
      Paladin
      Mage
      Assassin
      Iblis
      Guardian
      Berserker
      Assassin
      Mage
      Paladin
      Warlock
      Mystic
      Sirens
      Guardian
      Assassin
      Ranger
      Paladin
      Mage

HIERON

Habichts
      Guardian
      Paladin
      Ranger
      Berserker
      Mage
      Assassin
      Lupus
      Guardian
      Ranger
      Berserker
      Mystic
      Warlock
      Assassin
      Sylvan Elf
      Guardian
      Assassin
      Ranger
      Paladin
      Mage
      Fedayin
      Guardian
      Berserker
      Assassin
      Mage
      Paladin
      Warlock
      Mystic
      Mascu
      Guardian
      Assassin
      Ranger
      Paladin
      Mage

Looking at this list we can see some trends:

- All races can be guardians, rangers and assassins
      - Elves cannot be berserkers, mystics or warlocks (the mystic/warlock part is really weird!)
      - Both demonic races (Iblis/Fedayin) can be all classes in the game, yes this includes paladins (again, super weird)
      - Lupus get two more classes than their Union counterpart
      - On an unrelated note, Sirens and Mascus seem to share some sort of bond as Sirens are labeled Mascu_U while Mascus are labeled Mascu_H in game files. Or maybe the dev who was working on that didn't know the name for the siren race yet.

My guess this list is not final but I thought it was interesting. The classes available to Panteras in particular seem like an oversight to me, they're the only race without a healer.

The post was edited 9 times, last by Shiverlynn ().

• I think the list is somehow wrong in certain parts... because Lupus can't do the Assassin class, so there may be more restrictions than how it seems on the files..

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • This is what i mean, and how i see the Race/Class disponibility...
      HIERON
      GUARDIAN
      BERSERKER
      RANGER
      PALADIN
      ASSASSIN
      MAGE
      WARLOCK
      (WAR
      SUMMONER)

MYSTIC
      (SUPPORT
      SUMMONER)

Habichts
      X
      X
      X
      X
      X
      X

Lupus
      X
      X
      X

Sylvan
      Elves

X

X
      X
      X
      X

Fedayin

X
      X

X
      X
      X
      Mascus

X
      X

X
      X
      X

UNION
      GUARDIAN
      BERSERKER
      RANGER
      PALADIN
      ASSASSIN
      MAGE
      WARLOCK
      (WAR
      SUMMONER)

MYSTIC
      (SUPPORT
      SUMMONER)

Amistad
      X
      X
      X
      X
      X
      X

Pantera
      X
      X
      X

Aqua
      Elves

X

X
      X
      X
      X

Iblis

X
      X

X
      X
      X
      Siren

X
      X

X
      X
      X

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bryan Fury ().

• They should just make every class available to all races, even if some combinations don't make much sense. Elves berserkers would be weird, and Fedayin paladins too... But whatever, it would allow everyone to play what they like.

Your lists aren't complete either, I'm fairly sure the beast races can be assassins in CBT3.
    • Shiverlynn wrote:

They should just make every class available to all races, even if some combinations don't make much sense. Elves berserkers would be weird, and Fedayin paladins too... But whatever, it would allow everyone to play what they like.

Your lists aren't complete either, I'm fairly sure the beast races can be assassins in CBT3.
      Personally i would too make ALL races can make ALL classes.

Also, my list is just a supposition, an idea, a possible way they may make the Race/Class disponibility, it's not official obviously..

• Yeah not too happy about the race/class restrictions, I really hope they change it in the final game because Lupus only has 3 out of 8 classes available to them... I was really looking forward to being a Lupus Assassin as well :(
    • The race/class list doesn't really seem very lore-centric to me, based on the HelpInfo.KOR file.

Every race can be guardians, rangers, and assassins? The other-dimensional races don't seem like they'd be rangers. Little Mascu don't seem like they'd be assassins or guardians given their trade-heavy economy. Union gets the super shaft with only 1 race getting to be warlocks or mystics.

Overall, berserkers, warlocks, and mystics get the shaft and will, by far, be the least-played. There will be TONS of assassins (PVP+stealth is a natural) and paladins, then probably rangers/mages, then guardians, then the remaining three.

I'm assuming that Union will get an additional race that can be warlocks/mystics as all other classes appear to have the same number of race options (except Lupus...why make Pantera so less capable than Lupus?).
    • Yeah, this list is pure speculation. There are a lot of race/class combos that make no sense lore-wise, not to mention there is one in this list that was not in the actual game (Lupus assassin). Also all "twin" races have the exact same classes (both human races have the same classes, both elven races have the same etc) which I doubt will stay that way if only because Sirens/Mascu aren't exactly twins.