Pinned [Guide] Guilds

• [Guide] Guilds

Here's what we can figure out thus far.

1. Guilds can be created after players reach level 10. (See "Create A Guild" section below.)
      2. Guilds level up to 15.
      3. Guilds level up due to guild member activities (PVP, PVE, etc.). (See "Guild Influence/Leveling" section below.)
      4. Guilds have a banner/icon next to the guild name above player's charact
      5. Guild level dictates member caps for that guild. (See "Guild Levels and Member Caps" section below.)
      6. After leaving a guild, you have to wait 24 hours before joining another guild.
      7. As with all MMOs, guilds have their own guild chat.

Create A Guild

1. Must be level 10+.
      2. Just be in a party of 3 where you are all level 10+.
      3. It costs 10 silver to create.
      4. You cannot be in a guild currently.
      5. You cannot have left a guild within the past 24 hours.
      6. You cannot have been kicked from a guild within the past 72 hours.
      7. You cannot reuse a guild name that's been disbanded in the past 15 days.
      8. Talk with the guild NPC vendor and form your guild in each faction's capital city.

Guild Influence/Leveling
      1. Honor (PVP)
      2. Adventure scores (PVP somehow. Dungeons?)
      3. Exploration scores (not sure).

Those combine to form the guild's influence. The amount of contribution each player can provide is capped daily and resets at 4:00 AM (Korean time) daily.

Guild Levels and Member Caps

NOTE: It appears the formula is now Guild Level * 10 = cap.

Guild Level 1 = 10 character cap
      Guild Level 2 = 20 character cap
      Etc.

Guild UI Frames

Primary Guild Information includes:
      1. Guild Level
      2. Amount of xp earned toward next Guild Level.
      3. Who the GM is (SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN NITO!) *shakes fists*
      4. Total # of Guild Members.
      5. Total influence earned by guild.
      6. Governance score.
      7. Guild notes are in the lower half.

Guild Roster frame shows:
      1. Guild member
      2. Member level
      3. Member class
      4. Member rank
      5. Member location

Guild Management window. This is the Application/Join list. You can approve applications for membership on this tab. This frame shows:
      1. Applicant's name
      2. Applicant's level
      3. Applicant's class
      4. (Not sure)
      5. Message from applicant

Guild Ranks
      1. Each guild can use up to 5 different ranks by default, though it appears you can add more positions (only GM can do this).
      2. I'm assuming the "Authority" button can be used by the GM to then set permissions for each of the ranks.

file.pmang.kr/images/pmang/ble…_contents/bless_main.html

The post was edited 4 times, last by Organic ().

• The guild has been formed. OP has been updated to show the Guild UI. Unfortunately, I was accidentally kicked out while Mito was trying to make me the GM so I could take all the screencaps. He's not back until Tuesday, so we may not be able to figure out some of the extra UI elements by then.
    • Greetings!

Do you already know how long it takes to level up a guild to a decent level? I mean i was pretty hyped for Tera back in the days and there were many guilds with 50+ members before the beta even started..

what do you do if you formed a guild and it takes weeks-months until you can invite all members ? D:
      Even harder since there is an exp cap that a player can contribute daily
    • Sogari wrote:

Greetings!

Do you already know how long it takes to level up a guild to a decent level? I mean i was pretty hyped for Tera back in the days and there were many guilds with 50+ members before the beta even started..

what do you do if you formed a guild and it takes weeks-months until you can invite all members ? D:
      Even harder since there is an exp cap that a player can contribute daily

We don't really know because not everyone was able to get into the guild. However, the first few levels did seem to go quickly. The biggest issue is that guild levels CAP the max number of players allowed in a guild. The biggest negative is that no alts will be allowed in any real guild. Also, there will be no "50-member guilds" at launch because your guild has to be level 6 before it can even have that many members. This will take a few days, if not a week or so depending on how active every single character is in the guild.

This isn't exactly a brand new mechanic, but it is becoming more prevalent. Devilian uses this exact same mechanic and it is quite infuriating. However, given the HUGE open world PVP bent, they don't want a 500-member guild owning the entire server. By keeping caps low, they somewhat guarantee that guild combat will be "more fair" and that open world PVP will be less likely to be owned by zergs.
    • Organic wrote:

This isn't exactly a brand new mechanic, but it is becoming more prevalent. Devilian uses this exact same mechanic and it is quite infuriating. However, given the HUGE open world PVP bent, they don't want a 500-member guild owning the entire server. By keeping caps low, they somewhat guarantee that guild combat will be "more fair" and that open world PVP will be less likely to be owned by zergs.

I remember zerg guilds allied together in Lineage 2, those guilds were problematic for the health of a server, anyway preventing zerg guilds is a good thing and incentivates to choose the best and most active members.
    • I remember zerg guilds allied together in Lineage 2, those guilds were problematic for the health of a server, anyway preventing zerg guilds is a good thing and incentivates to choose the best and most active members.

but aren't they achieving the opposite by this mechanic ?
      I assume a weak guild will probably never achieve guild level 14+, so they are in the disadvantage in members AND in skill :o
      + as i already stated.. what would be the reason to cap it down to 10? i mean TEN is basically nothing. I dont know what benefits will be there being in a guild while leveling up.. but to me that looks pretty blindfolded.

At second thought: I like it if developers do something new and try to bring up reasons to for example level a guild (in many games there is the possibility but noone really does it).
      But this is just constricting the hype of forming guilds before the game started.

Imagine a guild of 150 people gets disbanded for whatever reason and 60players still want to play together...
      not happening until guild level9 what will take a serious amount of time otherwise the daily cap wouldnt be

If they want to make it fair they could use an algorithm that adapts the max possible guild size based on other guilds on the server, remove the daily cap or start with at least 30 people.

Besides: afak in PvP a guild of 10 fully equipped skilled players will most likely destroy 150 noobs even in a head on battle.

Well this got pretty messy but thats what i think about this :s

Sogari
    • Sogari wrote:

I remember zerg guilds allied together in Lineage 2, those guilds were problematic for the health of a server, anyway preventing zerg guilds is a good thing and incentivates to choose the best and most active members.

but aren't they achieving the opposite by this mechanic ?
      I assume a weak guild will probably never achieve guild level 14+, so they are in the disadvantage in members AND in skill :o
      + as i already stated.. what would be the reason to cap it down to 10? i mean TEN is basically nothing. I dont know what benefits will be there being in a guild while leveling up.. but to me that looks pretty blindfolded.

At second thought: I like it if developers do something new and try to bring up reasons to for example level a guild (in many games there is the possibility but noone really does it).
      But this is just constricting the hype of forming guilds before the game started.

Imagine a guild of 150 people gets disbanded for whatever reason and 60players still want to play together...
      not happening until guild level9 what will take a serious amount of time otherwise the daily cap wouldnt be

If they want to make it fair they could use an algorithm that adapts the max possible guild size based on other guilds on the server, remove the daily cap or start with at least 30 people.

Besides: afak in PvP a guild of 10 fully equipped skilled players will most likely destroy 150 noobs even in a head on battle.

Well this got pretty messy but thats what i think about this :S

Sogari

The larger guilds will just make dozens of guilds with similar names and still play together via their teamspeak/vent etc - limiting the guild size won;t really do anything but make them annoyed that they will have to do this. In fact, a game that wants RvR as it's endgame would probably want these larger PvP guilds to play the game, so why make it harder for them, especially as they have other game options.
    • he larger guilds will just make dozens of guilds with similar names and still play together via their teamspeak/vent etc - limiting the guild size won;t really do anything but make them annoyed that they will have to do this. In fact, a game that wants RvR as it's endgame would probably want these larger PvP guilds to play the game, so why make it harder for them, especially as they have other game options.

Im not sure if this will be allowed because its like boosting.
      and since the best guild will have privileges 90% of the members will be stuck in little guilds just boosting the mainguild they are not really a part of.

150 member isnt much. They said there will be raids for at least up to 40 people. imagine even bigger ones.
      +up to endgame every active guild will reach the 100-150 cap anyways. i just dont get the early game penatlies.
    • Sogari wrote:

he larger guilds will just make dozens of guilds with similar names and still play together via their teamspeak/vent etc - limiting the guild size won;t really do anything but make them annoyed that they will have to do this. In fact, a game that wants RvR as it's endgame would probably want these larger PvP guilds to play the game, so why make it harder for them, especially as they have other game options.

Im not sure if this will be allowed because its like boosting.
      and since the best guild will have privileges 90% of the members will be stuck in little guilds just boosting the mainguild they are not really a part of.

150 member isnt much. They said there will be raids for at least up to 40 people. imagine even bigger ones.
      +up to endgame every active guild will reach the 100-150 cap anyways. i just dont get the early game penatlies.

It will be interesting for sure. Only one guild can be in charge of the province, so those "extra similar-named guilds" probably won't see any of the glory. Plus, those guilds probably will not be allowed to do GvG combat because it would take away from the actual GvG currency earned to get some amazing gear.

I REALLY hope it doesn't turn into essentially one power guild owning most of the faction's region. That just won't be fun for most folks and reminds me of one faction owning the Abyss in AION, completely preventing the other faction from progression in their storyline, opening new zones, etc. because they couldn't retake the fortresses.
    • OBT Confirmed Info
      Guild XP based on - Kills from Monsterpedia and PvP (Player Kills and Battleground)

Lvling the guild from guild lvl 2 to 3 is severely long. 148 XP total needed, which obviously due to the 10 member cap is extremely difficult, unless all 10 of those players farm PvP battlegrounds which start at lvl 30.

Viable option to lvl up the guild early-on is have all 10 players grind the monsterpedia.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Squishy ().

• jincuteguy wrote:

I know but other games you can at least see the guilds and then apply for it. We 're playing on Korean servers, so there's no way I can get an invite from a guild because I don't understand Korean in order to ask people to invite me.

In the CBTs, they did not have any kind of "Guild Search" feature. I haven't seen them mention that will be added. However, we do have a (very) brief list of guilds on our forums here that are open to recruiting. You may want to check that out.

Also, go join the Discord server! :) Discord server for our community

The post was edited 1 time, last by Organic ().

• UPDATE: The maximum number of guild members changes according to the guild level.
      Before: Guild level 2 → 10 people
      After: Guild level 2 → 20 people

It should be Guild Level * 10 = Max guild members

source: bless.gamemeca.com/mecareport.php?gid=1014406

The post was edited 1 time, last by vegax87 ().

• This is really bugging me because I can't confirm it right now.
      A few hours ago when me and Captainthorrawr finished putting the guild at lvl2, it was still showing10/10 however that link that you posted says that they changed it so now it would be 10/20.
      Once I get back from work I will try to invite someone to the guild and see if we can really have more than 10members at level 2.

We made the guild like 2 or 3 days ago and it's already full and we are in Hieron! Level 3 here we go! :D

Eat that you union of onions!! XD
    Peria Chronicles