[Guide] Dungeons

[Guide] Dungeons

NOTE: Dungeon loot has changed in FGT2. Now, bosses drop gear in addition to crafting materials. As such, crafting may be even less useful than before. Will update when we learn more.

Here's what we know from the Pmang guide.

Some general notes first:

1. If you run a dungeon with a party where members are several levels apart or more, the lower levels will not earn any xp and the higher level is virtually immune to damage (except for major boss AOE damage).

2. Apparently bosses do not drop gear. Instead, they drop the rare crafting mats that you can then turn into blue or rarer quality gear.
      • Level 13-14 dungeon drops green mats off first boss used for crafting level 14 green gear.
      • Same dungeon drops blue mats off 2nd and 3rd (final) boss that are used for making level 14 blue accessories and weapon.
      • White gear dropped from trash mobs and gold dropped from all mobs.
      • Bosses drop Adventure currency (white coin with blue rune on it).

3. Fatigue costs for running dungeons appears to cost 50, 90, 100, or 150 fatigue based on the dungeon.

4. There is no party finder in the game, so you'll need to shout in general or guild chat to find players to run them with.

5. It appears the lowest 4 leveled dungeons are faction-specific (2 dungeons for each faction), so total dungeons for each faction until level 45 is just 6 dungeons.

6. Dungeon loot can be exchanged between players who were in the party at the time of the kill. You have 1 hour to make the change.

Here's how dungeons work:

1. Most dungeons through at least level 45 require 5-man parties.
      • If you are high enough level, you can even solo the 5-man dungeons.
      2. There are Private and Party dungeons.
      • NOTE: This used to work this way, but they did make changes in CBT3 and made one or two of the private dungeons into 5-man dungeons.
      3. You enter a dungeon through a portal in specific zones.

4. Running a dungeon requires you have enough fatigue to enter.
      • Just walking in instantly charges you Fatigue. There is no prompt like, "Are you sure you want to enter?"
      • If you go in solo and leave, to re-enter is another Fatigue cost. Be sure you do not leave if you are the only member of your party in the dungeon (or if you are in there solo).

5. There are 8 party dungeons from level 13-45.

6. You can enter a dungeon up to 3 levels earlier than recommended, depending on the dungeon.

7. If entering the dungeon as part of the main story line, there will be quests outside and possibly inside.

GOOGLE TRANSLATE
      file.pmang.kr/images/pmang/ble…_contents/bless_main.html

Post was edited 6 times, last by “Organic” ().

Updates for today:

Some general notes first:

1. If you run a dungeon with a party where members are several levels apart or more, the lower levels will not earn any xp and the higher level is virtually immune to damage.

2. Apparently bosses do not drop gear. Instead, they drop the rare crafting mats that you can then turn into blue or rarer quality gear.

3. Fatigue costs for running dungeons appears to cost 50, 90, or 100 fatigue based on the dungeon.

4. There is no party finder in the game, so you'll need to shout in general or guild chat to find players to run them with.

5. It appears the lowest 4 leveled dungeons are faction-specific (2 dungeons for each faction), so total dungeons for each faction until level 45 is just 6 dungeons.
      Greetings!³

So am i right if i assume that there wont be any..."nice"... drops?
      you wont ever have the feeling of "NICEEEEEEEE LEGENDARY XY" ? ;(

If so i'd be really sad guys.. just saying :p

Sogari wrote:

Greetings!³

devs are going to increase all the dungeon drops which were very low in the previous closed betas

devs are going to increase all the dungeon drops which were very low in the previous closed betas

But what does that mean ? im reading it like there is white loot that drops like we are used to it and everything else is just mats?
      So if the increase the droprate of mats... wow then you get 10 mats instead of 5 but you dont get items at all, dont you ?

Sogari wrote:

Greetings!³

You can craft legendary items. I don't think any legendary items will actually drop in the game. The mechanic as of CBT3 was to have rare crafting mats drop off each boss and then you have to use that mat to go get the item crafted. This way, I guess, it's not just a "rare sword" that drops and anyone who wins the roll can get an actual item useful for their own class instead of it being useless for everyone.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Organic” ().

Unfortunately, this recent article leaves me scratching my head a bit.

bless.pmang.com/?mKey=2&sKey=3#board/read/101/N/41664821

The devs seem very intent on only having mats drop from bosses, so anyone who wins the roll and turn that crafting mat into whatever they needed instead of an "axe" dropping and no one can use it. However, it says:

In addition, to reflect the tester your opinion, it was modified so that the finished items to get a lot more. The public will acquire an item slightly ahead in dungeons.

Since the development stage Items Items that can be acquired in the dungeon but we can change that.

"The public will acquire an item slightly ahead in dungeons" to me is on par with the fact that player crafting is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT, BUT taking all your items to an NPC crafter is EXTREMELY EASY. So, I'm assuming this means dungeon grinders will find the rare mats and be able to craft those items faster than someone who is trying to craft the items themselves instead of via an NPC crafter.

That said, I'm not sure what else that could mean. Are they going to increase the number of mats that drop from each boss? Are bosses going to drop other mats (not just the rare items) as well to make crafting easier? Are they going to allow actual blue and better gear to drop in dungeons now? (Only white/green items dropped previously.) The vast majority of that article seems to indicate they're sticking with bosses-drop-mats-only approach, as they created crafting NPCs at camps outside dungeons.

Organic wrote:

The devs seem very intent on only having mats drop from bosses, so anyone who wins the roll and turn that crafting mat into whatever they needed instead of an "axe" dropping and no one can use it. However, it says:

In addition, to reflect the tester your opinion, it was modified so that the finished items to get a lot more. The public will acquire an item slightly ahead in dungeons.

Since the development stage Items Items that can be acquired in the dungeon but we can change that.

"The public will acquire an item slightly ahead in dungeons" to me is on par with the fact that player crafting is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT, BUT taking all your items to an NPC crafter is EXTREMELY EASY. So, I'm assuming this means dungeon grinders will find the rare mats and be able to craft those items faster than someone who is trying to craft the items themselves instead of via an NPC crafter.

That said, I'm not sure what else that could mean. Are they going to increase the number of mats that drop from each boss? Are bosses going to drop other mats (not just the rare items) as well to make crafting easier? Are they going to allow actual blue and better gear to drop in dungeons now? (Only white/green items dropped previously.) The vast majority of that article seems to indicate they're sticking with bosses-drop-mats-only approach, as they created crafting NPCs at camps outside dungeons.

Crafting by yourself has a rate of success that can give better starts to the crafted item than being crafted via NPC. So, if you want "common" stats crafted items, use the NPC ( i believe this is good for lvling up), but endgame gear , if nothing changes then i`m sure crafting items y yourself, will be the most used method , hence the difficulty of the process (to craft by yourself).

To me an elegant solution would be receiving 1 "pile" of mats at the boss, you can roll on it and if you get it you can instantaneously "craft" it into the item of you class or desire.
      Depending on the mats value your own crafting skill etc a more or less adcanced item will be drawn.

Would be better than just getting mats out of a bossraid and still fixes the "useless loot" problem

Edit: Im glad they are starting to think it over tho :3

Sogari wrote:

To me an elegant solution would be receiving 1 "pile" of mats at the boss, you can roll on it and if you get it you can instantaneously "craft" it into the item of you class or desire.
      Depending on the mats value your own crafting skill etc a more or less adcanced item will be drawn.

Would be better than just getting mats out of a bossraid and still fixes the "useless loot" problem

Edit: Im glad they are starting to think it over tho :3

Personally, i hate friggin rolling for items. there will always be mean people who will roll for the stuff they don`t even need. I`d prefer, if it was like in GW2. You killed boss,you get your own loot. Not have to roll.

Personally, i hate friggin rolling for items. there will always be mean people who will roll for the stuff they don`t even need. I`d prefer, if it was like in GW2. You killed boss,you get your own loot. Not have to roll.

everythings better than just getting mats and being forced to craft your gear afterwards ..

Ms Pipsqueek wrote:

Organic wrote:

Crafting by yourself has a rate of success that can give better starts to the crafted item than being crafted via NPC. So, if you want "common" stats crafted items, use the NPC ( i believe this is good for lvling up), but endgame gear , if nothing changes then i`m sure crafting items y yourself, will be the most used method , hence the difficulty of the process (to craft by yourself).

NPC crafted items ("co-production") and player crafted items ("fabricated") are identical in terms of rarity and being "endgame" because the recipes are identical. There are green, blue, and even legendary crafted items that the NPC will craft for you. They are identical to the base player crafted items.

However, if a player crafts the item, there is a small chance the item will proc with additional stats via the jackpot success (like getting an upgraded crafting proc in AION). This is not a guarantee and there is nothing a player can do to increase the chances of getting the bonus stats. It's RNG.

The only other big difference is that NPCs can only craft armor, weapons, and jewelry.

[Guide] Crafting Systems

Sogari wrote:

everythings better than just getting mats and being forced to craft your gear afterwards ..

Remember, "crafting your own gear" really just means heading to the crafter NPC and having them make it for you. Gathering the mats should be pretty easy. As another bonus, say that blue axe you wanted drops twice. That second time is a complete waste. At least this way, you can continue crafting great items as long as you get a boss crafting mat drop.

vegax87 wrote:

How slow is the leveling of Fabrication (player crafting)??

Very. Very. Slow. It takes a lot of Fatigue to craft because you spend Fatigue both in gathering the mats, entering dungeons for mats off bosses, and for the actual crafting. However, you have to remember, the player crafting system is really different in BLESS. You can craft level 45 gear with a "level 1 fabrication". However, to craft blues, epics, or legendary items, you need upwards of level 6.

The biggest gating factor, however, is the "found currency". It's part of nearly all crafts and the only way you earn that is by killing mobs and doing other content in game. You cannot buy that currency (though you can trade other currencies like PVP currency for found currency).

Excerpt from the crafting guide:

Crafted items appear to give as much XP per craft as the cost of the Fatigue to craft it.

So, all armor and weapons give 5 XP per craft. Level 2 in Production is nearly 2,000 XP.

In order to reach Level 2 in "Crafting", you need to have crafted 400+ items.

It will be literally impossible to craft blues until probably endgame if your character levels up at a decent pace. This is really ridiculous given you start being able to craft blues at the NPC at level 14 or so. So, I guess it's just for alts while they level after your main has spent hundreds of hours crafting? There was no auction house, so you can't just grab mats there and powerlevel your crafting.

As it was in CBT3, it's just not possible to gather that many mats and do that much crafting. That's why Level 1 skill allows you to craft all the way to at least level 45 greens. The crafters who spend an extraordinary amount of time gathering, crafting, and paying for Fatigue boosts from the cash shop, will be the only ones able to craft blue, epic, or legendary items. Most crafters will probably give up after just reaching level 2.
      I really hope they won't make it free-to-play and change it to a buy-to-play model. Free-to-play games are mostly pay-to-win via ingame shop items. There will probably be consumables in the item shop that will recover fatigue points. That's gay.

sEEEEb wrote:

I really hope they won't make it free-to-play and change it to a buy-to-play model. Free-to-play games are mostly pay-to-win via ingame shop items. There will probably be consumables in the item shop that will recover fatigue points. That's gay.

There is a cash shop item that regenerates Fatigue. In CBT3, it could be used up to 20x per day, each use is a separate purchase. However, given they've reversed course and returned to a small-group FGT testing phase, I'm hopeful they'll go the route of removing items like that. While it's true buying the Fatigue potions wouldn't be "required", a lot of players would feel like they were falling behind if they didn't use them.