Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Pinned [Guide] Pets

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • [Guide] Pets

      Here's what we know about the Pet system thus far.

      1. Pets must undergo Obedience/Taming. (Go here for details.)

      2. Pets follow your character around and offer buffs, both in PVE and PVP.



      3. Clicking the pet icon will summon the pet.

      4. Pets also have their own set of skills (up to 2), but they do not participate directly in combat.




      5. The following buffs are provided by pets:
      • In PVE: Pet buffs can increase XP/kill or increase the amount of gold that drops.
      • In PVP: Pet buffs can increase XP/kill, or improve various scores/points for PVP activities.


      6. Like your character, pets also have a Fatigue System. While summoned, the fatigue continues to be consumed.



      7. Once fatigue reaches 0, pets despawn and go on cooldown.

      8. You must wait until cooldown completes before you can resummon that pet.

      9. Pets have 5 rarity ranks: general (white), advanced (green), rare (blue), heroic (purple), and legendary (yellow/gold). Here's how to improve the rarity of a pet:
      • Open pet UI.
      • Select the pet you want to upgrade.
      • Click Upgrade button.

      • Now, drag and drop a pet from your Pet list that matches the same rarity (e.g. Green pet requires another Green pet).
      • Click Upgrade.

      • If it fails, you gain a small percentage bonus to your next attempt.
      • If you succeed, that pet automatically becomes the next higher rarity.
      • The main reason to improve the rarity of a pet is to add an additional skill slot!
      • White, green, and blue pets can have 1 skill. When I improved the quality of my pet to epic, it gained a second skill.
      • NOTE: If you tame a mob that has no starting skill, it is RNG as to whether or not it will gain its first skill on the very next quality improvement.


      10. There are also pet levels. Regardless of the level of the mob you tamed, it automatically becomes Level 1 once tamed.Pets level up by being strengthened (combining any two minions together). Do that enough times, the minion will increase its level.
      • This process works just like upgrading the rarity.
      • Select the pet you want to upgrade and click Strengthen button.

      • If successful, the pet will gain progress in its experience bar toward the next level.
      • Once a pet has reached enough experience to gain a level, you will be notified of the level up!
      • Pets can reach at least level 21. I'm not sure what the actual cap is.
      • For every 5 or so levels that a pet increases, the skill bonuses also improve! For example, My level 4 pet had +3% xp bonus. Reaching level 5, that went up to 4%.

      12. The fatigue cost per attempt to train a pet is 5, but it can often take two or more attempts.


      Pet Skills

      1. There are 5 total pet skills.



      2. Pets can have a maximum of any two of the skills, but often will be trained with none or just one skill.
      • NOTE: I trained 35 pets and none of them came with 2 skills.
      • It appears that the ONLY way to get the next skill slot is to improve the rarity of the pet to Epic or better.
      3. The skills the pet comes with are completely random, so you need to tame many pets in order to achieve the combination you want most.




      *************************************************************
      GOOGLE TRANSLATE
      file.pmang.kr/images/pmang/ble…_contents/bless_main.html

      The post was edited 12 times, last by Organic ().

    • 10. Pets level up by being strengthened (combining any two minions together). Do that enough times, the minion will increase its level.

      11. Pet quality/rarity can also be increased by "upgrading". This is achieved by combining two minions of identical qualities (e.g. 1 green minion + 1 green minion = 1 blue minion). The % of success is very low, so it's a gamble.

      12. The fatigue cost per attempt to train a pet is 5, but it can often take two attempts.
    • Eisen wrote:

      Organic, do you have any info of what kind of buff pet give? i got pet who has "red striped like" buff but i don't know what it used for

      Maybe translation of all buff pet provide?


      The general pet buff types are listed in the OP. Things like +% gold drops from mobs, +% XP from mob kills, +% honor gained in PVP, +% XP gained in PVP, etc. They're non-combat type buffs.

      There are no English translations in the patch we're using for those skills and using Google Translate really didn't give us much information at all, so I don't have good specifics yet to share.

      I'll try to log in tonight and see if I can provide at least a basic idea.
    • Bryan Fury wrote:

      Organic wrote:

      Tamed a few HUNDRED pets! Got my hedgehog pet to level 20+ and to EPIC rarity. Extra info added to better explain how the strengthening and upgrading systems work.
      What it mean the last skill "Hunting"? O.o


      Hunting. Killing mobs. Anything that rewards "found currency"; that skill will increase the reward gain by a set percentage. You can earn that from chained kill quests, regular quests, story quest, etc. There are lots of ways, so I just put "hunting" as a catch-all.
    • Organic wrote:

      Bryan Fury wrote:

      Organic wrote:

      Tamed a few HUNDRED pets! Got my hedgehog pet to level 20+ and to EPIC rarity. Extra info added to better explain how the strengthening and upgrading systems work.
      What it mean the last skill "Hunting"? O.o


      Hunting. Killing mobs. Anything that rewards "found currency"; that skill will increase the reward gain by a set percentage. You can earn that from chained kill quests, regular quests, story quest, etc. There are lots of ways, so I just put "hunting" as a catch-all.
      But, isn't the 2nd skill redudanting with the 5th one? I mean...

      2nd give +X gold drop.
      5th give +X currency drop.

      Isn't Gold=Currency?

      BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Bryan Fury wrote:

      Organic wrote:

      Bryan Fury wrote:

      Organic wrote:

      Tamed a few HUNDRED pets! Got my hedgehog pet to level 20+ and to EPIC rarity. Extra info added to better explain how the strengthening and upgrading systems work.
      What it mean the last skill "Hunting"? O.o


      Hunting. Killing mobs. Anything that rewards "found currency"; that skill will increase the reward gain by a set percentage. You can earn that from chained kill quests, regular quests, story quest, etc. There are lots of ways, so I just put "hunting" as a catch-all.
      But, isn't the 2nd skill redudanting with the 5th one? I mean...

      2nd give +X gold drop.
      5th give +X currency drop.

      Isn't Gold=Currency?


      Gold, "found", "risk", and "PVP/honor" are just four of the currencies in game. The game also has gems and governance crowns as currencies.

      Essentially, pet buffs allow you to earn more of the currency you want most. Also, all of the pet buff currencies are part of the mats needed for crafting (gold, only if you have the NPC craft for you).

      1. If you're in PVP, have your War buff pet out.
      2. If you're clearing dungeons, have your Riches or Adventure buff pet out.
      3. If you're chain killing mobs or questing, have your Riches or Journey buff pet out.

      This should be clearer:

    • pastuh wrote:

      For me its hard to find Green mob.
      Looks like they are random.. Even i shot same monster.
      Something like this: White , White , Green , White , White , White , Green..


      That's exactly how they want the system to work. That way, each player has to tame hundreds of mobs in order to really get what they want. THEN you have to level up and upgrade those mobs. :)

      Out of the several hundred tamings I did, I got a number of blues, but only a handful of purples.
    • Some pets and even mounts (different thread but same question) at green will have no traits - will they receive their first trait when upgrade to blue or strengthened to x level?
    • Txt wrote:

      Some pets and even mounts (different thread but same question) at green will have no traits - will they receive their first trait when upgrade to blue or strengthened to x level?


      2. Pets can have a maximum of any two of the skills, but often will be trained with none or just one skill.
      • NOTE: I trained 35 pets and none of them came with 2 skills.
      • It appears that the ONLY way to get a 2nd skill is to improve the rarity of the pet to Epic or better.
      In CBT3 it was depending on the quality, not the level. Epic starting pets had 2 skills, but were still level 1s.
    • Didn't answer my question

      First trait I'm asking about, not the second

      Greens sometimes don't have the first trait, will they receive their first trait at blue quality or can they receive their first trait at a certain level while still green quality
    • Txt wrote:

      Didn't answer my question

      First trait I'm asking about, not the second

      Greens sometimes don't have the first trait, will they receive their first trait at blue quality or can they receive their first trait at a certain level while still green quality


      There was no skill gain just hitting blue. The only skill gain I saw was moving to epic.
    • Txt wrote:

      Just gained first pet skill upgrading white>green


      Awesome! So it's been changed. That's good news.

      So the first quality upgrade will provide you the initial skill if you tamed a mob that started with none. Please provide feedback once you get to blue/purple. If you get a skill at blue instead of purple, I'll update the guide again!