Pinned [Guide] Taming

• [Guide] Taming

Here's what we know thus far.

1. Mobs in the world can undergo "Obedience" which trains the monster to be a mount, pet, or minion.
      • Well, the SCROLLS are at every general merchant as well as in the cash shop. However, I have not seen an NPC, like the one listed in Pmang's tutorial, that only sells obedience scrolls. PLUS, the icons in their screencaps aren't in the game from what I can see (they look like lassos or ropes, but the in-game items are parchments/scrolls).
      2. Taming scrolls can be purchased from every general merchant as well as from the cash ship.
      • Thus far, there are at least three quests that give you scrolls you can use for taming. One quest requires you to use the scrolls for the quest, and the other quests reward you with taming scrolls.
      • Thus far, I have not found a vendor that sells an item with the icon in the screencap. All of the taming scrolls look like pieces of parchment in various colors (6 in all). All of them, regardless of color, appear to work the same way and I have not seen an improvement in success or anything by using the more expensive parchments.
      • Finally, you can purchase 1 taming scroll for 5 gems in the cash shop.
      • Each taming attempt consumes a scroll, so be sure you have several handy just in case.

3. Find the target.

4. Use the taming scroll on the target.

5. The monster will fight you while you are attempt to make it become obedient.
      • NOTE: There are a couple tooltips in game that talk about improving the monster's taming success rate if the monster has less than 20% HP.
      6. If successful, the mob will vanish and appear in your Companion UI.

7. If the taming failed, and the mob is still alive, you can try again.
      • NOTE: all attempts consume scrolls, even if you fail in the taming.
      • You can also easily burn through 3-4 scrolls on a single mob taming, especially if they are champions or can interrupt your taming attempt.
      • If the mob was killed (e.g. you had a DOT on it or an NPC finished it off), it will cause your taming to fail. You'll need to find another mob you want to tame and restart the process.
      8. All taming attempts require spending 5 fatigue, regardless of whether you are successful in the attempt.

9. Thus far, it appears there is a 50% chance at taming the monster on the first attempt. More than half of the time, I had to use 2 scrolls per taming as the first failed.
      • The torn up scroll is "crude" quality and Google Translation basically calls the purple the easy taming. However, in using both, I've seen no specific advantage over paying more for the purple scrolls.
      • The big advantage of the purple scrolls is they can be purchased in the cash shop, which saves you gold in-game.
      • NOTE: As your character levels up, ALL taming scrolls become more expensive. The cost is directly related to your character level. At level 32, the cheapest scroll is over 8 silver where in this screencap, it was only 7s 63c.

GOOGE TRANSLATE
      file.pmang.kr/images/pmang/ble…_contents/bless_main.html

The post was edited 7 times, last by Organic ().

• Added several notes to better describe the overall mechanic as it exists in CBT3. I'm hopeful the scrolls will cost far less fatigue and cost less silver. Right now the cheapest one costs almost 8 silver which is a LOT of money in game.
    • Nemezida wrote:

Did you find NPC which can sell this scrolls?

Well, the SCROLLS are at every general merchant as well as in the cash shop. However, I have not seen an NPC, like the one listed in Pmang's tutorial, that only sells obedience scrolls. PLUS, the icons in their screencaps aren't in the game from what I can see (they look like lassos or ropes, but the in-game items are parchments/scrolls).
    • Taming SCROLLS new icon!! :) available lvl 10 city("farm" where is the wild boar, and mantis Quests only 1 npc shop 1 the area Taming scroll price 7 silver :) ^^ i have 5 mount and 2 pet :)
      quest reward 20 or 30 Taming scrolls ^^ i upload image tomorrow

Éljen Magyarország és a Bless :) :love: <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tauriel ().

• Tauriel wrote:

Taming SCROLLS new icon!! :) available lvl 10 city("farm" where is the wild boar, and mantis Quests only 1 npc shop 1 the area Taming scroll price 7 silver :) ^^ i have 5 mount and 2 pet :)
      quest reward 20 or 30 Taming scrolls ^^ i upload image tomorrow

Well, depending on your faction and such, that is where the first quest for taming can be found. However, the taming scrolls are available at every general merchant and in the cash shop. You also get at least 60 scrolls from quests before level 25.

Also, the cost of the scrolls INCREASES as you level up. As you can see in the screencap I provided, my scrolls cost more than what you listed.
    • Shiverlynn wrote:

Taming video

Or maybe it's something else? Looks like some sort of monster encyclopedia.

There is a "Companion" UI. You'll the four tabs when that gets opened. From left to right:

Tab 1 is ground mounts.
      Tab 2 is flying mounts.
      Tab 3 is pets.
      Tab 4 is minions

Everything you've trained will have a lit icon and you can click on that to see the various stats. For mounts and pets, the stats include speeds, any buffs they provide, or skills they may have. For minions, it shows their attributes (Str, Agi, Int., etc.) along with any skills they may have.

You also see their levels, rarities, and how much progress they've made reaching the next level.

If you only want to see the mobs you've tamed, you can click the "Collect Book" checkbox and it only shows what you've collected.