[Guide] Fatigue System

[Guide] Fatigue System

In the BLESS tutorial, the fatigue system is outlined. Essentially, do perform many of the core functions of the game, you will consume a daily resource. Once your resource is consumed, you cannot do those things until the next day.

This essentially feels like the Fatigue mechanic in ArcheAge.

Here's what we know:
      1. "Fatigue " is account-wide, not per character.
      2. There is a maximum cap on the amount of resource you can have.
      3. When you enter dungeons, tame mobs (mounts, pets, minions), craft, gather, queue up for the two RVR "battlegrounds', and do minion missions, you consume the fatigue resource. (Full list at bottom of post.)
      4. Gems can be used to temporarily allow you to have higher than the limit cap (e.g. 395/240) and manually replenish Fatigue.

Fatigue Replenishment
      1. You do not have to be online to regain resource and is automatic, regaining a certain amount each day.
        • The regen is 1 Fatigue every 10 minutes (6 per hour; 144 per day).
      2. To regen Fatigue faster, cash shop gems can be used to purchase replenishment.
        1. Currently, it's 1 Gem = 1 Fatigue for the first purchase.
        2. The second and third purchases go up (as do probably all of the remaining replenish purchases).
        3. You can replenish 60 Fatigue 20 times per day, spending an unknown max on gems.

Current (and Assumed) Costs For Activities Requiring Fatigue

GOOGLE TRANSLATE
      file.pmang.kr/images/pmang/ble…_contents/bless_main.html

Post was edited 7 times, last by “Organic” ().

If that turns out like the labor system in ArcheAge and if they add potions to their cash shop which magically can replenish your labor points/fatigue I am definitely out.

I mean on the basics I have nothing against it. But not a 2nd AA.

Nito wrote:

If that turns out like the labor system in ArcheAge and if they add potions to their cash shop which magically can replenish your labor points/fatigue I am definitely out.

I mean on the basics I have nothing against it. But not a 2nd AA.

Feels exactly like ArcheAge. SO MUCH is tied to Fatigue: crafting, gathering, minion missions, running dungeons, taming mounts/pets/minions, etc. So, I see myself buying a LOT of cash shop items to replenish fatigue, especially if I have a long holiday weekend or something where I can put in extra time.
      I haven't played AA or BD ... will there be in-game opportunities to replenish fatigue? Like potions or foods or things non-cash shop players can either make or win through normal gameplay? (Otherwise ... this'll put a kink in some 24/7 playing binges.)

Symeria wrote:

I mean, monthly subscription...

They have said they wanted to do an "affordable" payment option, plus free.

1. Devs assume 9/10 people will play free.
      2. No items come from cash shop that aren't in game.
      3. All content is available as F2P.
      4. Cash shop will be all about convenience.
      5. They want folks to play free "or with affordable costs".

http://bless.pmang.com/?mKey=2&sKey=3#board/read/101/N/41602566

tamberleigh wrote:

I haven't played AA or BD ... will there be in-game opportunities to replenish fatigue? Like potions or foods or things non-cash shop players can either make or win through normal gameplay? (Otherwise ... this'll put a kink in some 24/7 playing binges.)

From how it reads, the only way to replenish Fatigue is by buying cash shop items or waiting until it replenishes over time.
      Definitely a bad thing...

Fatigue as a cap on exp, as seen in BnS China (which was on a per character basis, not account-wide, too), I can deal with.
      Fatigue on EVERYTHING you do in the game, including competitive stuff like RvR? What were they thinking?

Hopefully testers will make an uproar and force them to scrap the system or I can see it ending badly.
      I can handle optional subs for that sort of thing, if I pay the game seriously I don't think its wrong to charge me $15 a month. However, paid item to not get hit by fatigue is the worst kind of microtransaction that you have in f2p mobile games. WIth all the stuff that fatigue covers, what isn't covered by this system? Regular leveling?

*grumble*
      Just remember. Its not a lie...if you believe it.
      So, we know a lot more about this now.
      1. Your cap is 240 fatigue.
      2. You can use a cash shop item to temporarily increase that, but the item doesn't appear to be in the shop right now.IIRC, it costs 120 gems to return 20 stamina. You can only replenish 10x a day or something and it came to about 1,200 total gems used a day if you maxed the cash shop purchases.You GAIN 1 fatigue every 10 minutes, so only 144 fatigue is gained per 24 hours, or about 66% of your cap is regained daily.
      While that sounds like a lot of fatigue regeneration each day...
      1. It costs 5 fatigue every time you attempt to train a pet/mount/minion. Even if it fails. I've tamed a lot thus far, and it usually fails your first attempt, so it really costs you about 10 fatigue per taming.
      2. Given virtually EVERY mob you see can be tamed, you'll easily blow through your entire day's worth of 240 fatigue in 15-20 minutes if you're focused on taming. Given all mounts, pets, and minions have 5 qualities (from common to legendary), have various skills, and you'll want to combine duplicates to level them up, you could easily spend several hours a day on just taming if you enjoyed it. I mean, I HAVE AN OGRE MOUNT for Heaven's sake. It's a pretty awesome addition to the game. :)You can do up to 3 minion missions per day and IIRC, those cost 10 fatigue each. So, daily, you're using up 30 fatigue just for minion missions.
      3. It costs you 2 fatigue every time you gather plants or ore. (Haven't figured out how to craft, but I assume it's just as much or more for that.) Just gathering in a day, you'd consume your entire day's worth of fatigue in 120 gathers.
      4. Hopefully we can try entering the first dungeon tonight to see how much it costs. In the tutorial, it appears to cost 60 fatigue, but that'd be insanely high.

Source Code

1. Activity Fatigue Cost Max Per Day Total Cost
      2. Crafting 2? 120 240
      3. Dungeons 60? 4 240
      4. Gathering 2 120 240
      5. Minion Missions 10 3 30
      6. PVP? ? ? ?
      7. RVR? ? ? ?
      8. Taming 5-10 24-48 tries 240

For me, right now, this is grossly expensive. I really hope it doesn't go live this way or that the Western markets get a break. That said, outside of an occasional dungeon for your quest line, you don't HAVE to gather and you're not required to run minion missions or do any taming. That's essentially all optional. How much it costs for PVP/RVR though could be a deal breaker for folks who are very into those activities. For hardcore crafters/gatherers, you may be in big trouble.

Of course, most of this could be moot if the subscription model cuts these costs in half, or doubles the fatigue gain per day, or doesn't use fatigue or something.

For players who don't have much time, fatigue will never impact them. For folks who have more time, fatigue will drastically impact the activities you get to participate in on a daily basis.

Shaigh wrote:

I can handle optional subs for that sort of thing, if I pay the game seriously I don't think its wrong to charge me $15 a month. However, paid item to not get hit by fatigue is the worst kind of microtransaction that you have in f2p mobile games. WIth all the stuff that fatigue covers, what isn't covered by this system? Regular leveling?

*grumble*

That's pretty much it. Oddly, there's no fatigue cap for killing mobs and questing. Also, virtually every mob you kill starts a 3-chain mini-quest for killing. Kill Red Rat, you get a "Kill 4 Red Rats" quest. Kill a 5th Red Rat and you see "Kill 8 Red Rats". The next level is 20.

You do get a nice xp bonus for each of the 3 stages you complete in the killing, so I've been doing all of them for the first 4 kills at least. Often, the NPC-provided quests you pick up are to kill the same mobs as well.

Copperfield wrote:

i rather pay a monthly sub fee and play the game without bounderies then this crap again

thanks for sharing

The US very well may have a subscription. There is somewhat confusing text in the dev discussion about payment models as they want an "affordable" option along with the F2P. That sounds like a subscription to me, but they've been very limited with their details.
      Omg really....just when I thought I broke away from the @#$% show that was Archeage. I swear if they limit us with this system and cash shop boosting it. I am out too.

Funny how just 30 minutes​ ago I was so excited and now......I feel sick to my stomach.

Khayotix wrote:

Omg really....just when I thought I broke away from the @#$% show that was Archeage. I swear if they limit us with this system and cash shop boosting it. I am out too.

Funny how just 30 minutes ago I was so excited and now......I feel sick to my stomach.

For an average player who's putting 2-3 hours a day into the game, if that, the fatigue system will really never be an issue. Also, if you don't use more than 144 fatigue a day, you'll always be capped when you log back in (or thereabouts).

So, really, it's just a massive nuisance for folks who want to spend several hours a day doing
      something other than questing/grinding mobs.

The BIGGEST issue I see is for anyone serous about dungeons or minions/pets/mounts. Those folks will be most quickly affected.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Organic” ().

Organic wrote:

Khayotix wrote:

Funny how just 30 minutes ago I was so excited and now......I feel sick to my stomach.

For an average player who's putting 2-3 hours a day into the game, if that, the fatigue system will really never be an issue. Also, if you don't use more than 144 fatigue a day, you'll always be capped when you log back in (or thereabouts).

So, really, it's just a massive nuisance for folks who want to spend several hours a day doing something other than questing/grinding mobs.

by Average you mean Casual players. yes people like me and my friends who spend a lot of our free time, enjoying the "Freedom" of mmo's are not Casual/Average players. Freedom that they want to infringe on for a quick dollar. If it comes here. I am out. It is a horrible system.

Post was edited 3 times, last by “Khayotix” ().

Khayotix wrote:

Organic wrote:

Khayotix wrote:

So, really, it's just a massive nuisance for folks who want to spend several hours a day doing something other than questing/grinding mobs.

by Average you mean Casual players. yes people like me and my friends who spend a lot of our free time, enjoying the "Freedom" of mmo's are not Casual/Average players. Freedom that they want to infringe on for a quick dollar. If it comes here. I am out. It is a horrible system.

I put in the number of hours. :) "Average" and "casual" can mean different things; hence why I put in 2-3 hours a day. I'm not a hardcore player 'cuz I don't tend to raid at the highest levels, I roll a lot of alts, and I do a lot of crafting and gathering. However, I do tend to spend a lot of time each session playing a game. So, it is what it is.

For players only spending a couple hours a day in the game, they probably won't see the effects. For anyone else, they will be limited unless they buy cash shop items. Now, your character's progression is *not* limited. You can still kill mobs, quest, and gain XP and drops when out of fatigue. That's an important distinction to make as some Korean games prevent you from getting xp/drops once you've exhausted your fatigue for the day.
      Alot has been made of the fatigue system, yes it limits certain activities in game, taming, crafting namely so far. Dungeon farming will have to test that tonight...Normal questing/leveling isnt affected, as said it passively regens, yes you can recharge it with Lu Men (cash shop currency) but assuming the system stays the same, the game gives you 100-300 lu men currency almost each level, or for completing different achievements/quests. It takes 60 lu men to recharge your stamina and can be done 20 times a day, I have yet to see by how much will test later. So it doesnt really seem to be all that bad so far.