Any restrictions on race with classes?

• In the character creators for the past two CBTs, each race has only had a few classes open for them. Originally, the lead dev said they would not have race/class locks, so I don't know if that means the locks have been in place to make development easier along the way or if they're staying a feature for actual launch.

I've never been a big fan of race locks, but in the recent descriptions on Mystics, they did mention that some races are more connected to magic than others, which doesn't bode well.
    • Here's the list based on CBT2:

HEIRON FACTION

Race: Habichts
      Classes: Guardian, Berserker, Ranger, Paladin
      Starting Area: Turtle Lake

Race: Sylvan Elves
      Classes: Guardian, Ranger, Paladin
      Starting Area: El Gras

Race: Lupus
      Classes: Guardian, Berserker, Ranger
      Starting Area: Brandenburg Forest

Race: Fedayin and Mascu not playable.

UNION FACTION

Race: Amistad
      Classes: Guardian, Berserker, Ranger, Paladin
      Starting Area: Ruins

Race: Aqua Elf
      Classes: Guardian, Ranger, Paladin
      Starting Area: El Llano

Race: Pantera
      Classes: Guardian, Berserker, Ranger
      Starting Area: Shah Kara

Race: Iblis, Siren not playable.
    • I'm not a fan of - or pleased with the news of - class locked races. I mean, it adds to the story line and world building, since each race gets to be a little more individual, but ... I don't know. Just not a fan of it.

But then, I think about it, and it's not horrible. It's just not to my personal taste. And it's not like it's going to keep me from playing the game. Heh, at least it's not gender locking! (So much hate for gender locking!)
    • tamberleigh wrote:

I'm not a fan of - or pleased with the news of - class locked races. I mean, it adds to the story line and world building, since each race gets to be a little more individual, but ... I don't know. Just not a fan of it.

But then, I think about it, and it's not horrible. It's just not to my personal taste. And it's not like it's going to keep me from playing the game. Heh, at least it's not gender locking! (So much hate for gender locking!)

I guess it does fit with each race having their own backstory, starting areas, and strengths/weaknesses. In re-reading the lore for each race, it does seem like some should be very finely attuned to magic, while being physically weak. That said, only half the classes have been open thus far and barely half of the races. I'm hoping there are at least 3 racial options for each class per faction. I really hate when the "Demon" race is the only option for "Warlock" class, so you're stuck with that race if you want that class. That's almost as bad as gender locking. If there are a few options for each class per faction, that will make it feel more open.
    • It seems they might not doing racial locking or its not going to be that limited ( luckily). I saw a picture they posted of a Pantera Assassin (which ill try to post) and also a Pantera Mystic in a cutsecene.

Pantera Assasin (it seems)- scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h…2799993182905390369_o.jpg
    • in my point of view, Bless is a game which emphasizes a lot in its Lore, and try to pull us into this magnificent world making us witnessing and taking action. It makes sense if they restricted some classes to some races based on the background story of each race. Other races such as habichts couldnt use the mystic class since they dont have a strong affinity to the nature and Elfs could based on their background story, which mentions that they are the guardians of the forest and etc. But this is just an example to pass my point of view regarding this matter, some people dont like it and its their own right to not to, but imo i believe it would give more authenticity to the background story of each race in this world of Bless.
    • Oh, I agree it's great world building, and story-wise makes a great deal of sense. It also makes people's characters more interesting because you have to take the lore into consideration while you choose not only your side, but your race.

I just have a slight - very slight - preference to the other way of doing things.
    • End3r wrote:

in my point of view, Bless is a game which emphasizes a lot in its Lore, and try to pull us into this magnificent world making us witnessing and taking action. It makes sense if they restricted some classes to some races based on the background story of each race. Other races such as habichts couldnt use the mystic class since they dont have a strong affinity to the nature and Elfs could based on their background story, which mentions that they are the guardians of the forest and etc. But this is just an example to pass my point of view regarding this matter, some people dont like it and its their own right to not to, but imo i believe it would give more authenticity to the background story of each race in this world of Bless.

It seems like this is going to happen. One of my predictions is, for the elfs, Sylvan is going to get Mystic but not Assassin while Snow Elf gets Assassin and not Mystic. I also feel like only Snow Elf is going to get warlock but kinda iffy on that.
    • In my opinion as long as they don't too heavily restrict classes for articulate races and there's enough divests that can still follow the lore I'd be happy.

I'll be rocking an Amistad Paladin most likely if I had to pick right now with the info on each race/class!

Ari.
    Peria Chronicles