PvE AND PVP servers?

• Depends what you mean by PvP. All servers will have "Siege PvP" like it or not, since that's a game function.

As for "Open-World" PvP and Player-Killing, most likely be an option between that, or they will implement some sort of "Flag-System". Anyways, nothing has been confirmed regarding that aspect.
    • It's exactly like Squishy said, the PVP in Bless will be available in instances (it might be a arena or stages for guild vs guild/sieges), open world (1 vs 1 pvp), Sieges/Guild vs Guild (mass pvp), Faction/Realm (server pvp) and if you go to the other faction side like in many MMO's that have realms or factions (WOW, etc) you can kill those players.
      Correct me if i'm wrong but this is what i understood from all the media and information that i have seen being released from Bless so far and i don't remember having seen anything about player killing in the same realm/faction (it might be available but i can't confirm what i don't know for sure).
      Anyway, if they don't apply that kind of option of free-player-killing like in Black Desert where there's no PVE server to save your ass and if you die you drop your items, lose exp, etc...then Bless won't have any need to create a PVE server, however if they do apply that system people (the non-pvpers) might demand a PVE server.
      Well this is my opinion =/
    • Squishy.. for PvP I was referring to just minding my own business doing a quest etc.. and then out of nowhere get ganked.. I am ok with instanced PVP and PVP that is in it's own entity separate from other players that just want to level their character (Quests/dungeons/raids/crafting etc)..

If I walk outside a major city will I get ganked? If I am just minding my own business running around some zone can I get ganked..

I stuck with AION for quite awhile because there were certain areas where PVP wasn't allowed and getting quests done was not too bad. but I left when they made it so you got ganked just walking out the doors of a major city.. that was the last straw.. AION had no PVE servers so we (My wife and I) were forced to do something we hated (PVP).. Even had to PVP to get our higher level spells/abilities.

I pray BLESS has PVP and PVE servers so us non PVPers can get the most out of the game with the least aggravation.

Appreicate the replies folks..
    • well if you think about it, wouldn't that lead to server confrontation seeing as the game will work(supposedly) like GW2? server vs server style pvp apparently. in other words what would happen if they allowed server transfers. alot of systems would then need to be changed and even more coding would then need to be manipulated.
    • Actually there is server vs server, or we can highly assume. They call it "Realm vs Realm", they might do a mega-server sort of system we don't know.

"Realm vs. realm system in Bless Online is a little different from that in Aion or World of Warcraft. In Bless Online, realm vs. realm combat also encourages players in the same realm to compete with each other to be the best one."

2p.com/7846567_1/Bless-Online-…re-Feature-by-Nichole.htm
    • I'm pretty sure they use the DAoC definition of "realm" which in this case means faction, not server. They compare it to "realm vs realm in Aion or WoW" and those games don't have server vs server, only 2 factions at war.
    • Shiverlynn wrote:

I'm pretty sure they use the DAoC definition of "realm" which in this case means faction, not server. They compare it to "realm vs realm in Aion or WoW" and those games don't have server vs server, only 2 factions at war.

This is correct. "Realm vs. Realm" is the same as in Warhammer Online. It means faction vs. faction, but in a REALM-wide situation. It doesn't mean cross-server in what any of the devs have said thus far.
    • Well basically when they mention Realm vs Realm they are referring to Hieron vs Union. You will find in Bless Realm/Faction Wars which can also be called a full Server PVP where everyone in that server from Hieron and Union(Realm/Faction) will be fighting against each other, you will also find conflicts inside the faction you choose to be part of, in order to determine the ruler of it.
      In the end it's like Organic and Shiverlynn mentioned, so it's quite simple and nothing complicated.
    • Although I can handle some PVP, I really hope the game has a strong PVE identity. I really enjoy exploring and questing on my own and with friends and would like having the option to do so without dealing with being ganked and griefed when minding my own business or trying to accomplish a goal.
    • Well the first major point is balance:

the realm vs realm is awesome but already points out a flaw: What if one side is superior to the other side. (In terms of players, resources, etc.). If they can or will handle it with care I can be good.

Next thing is class balance. We have yet to see 4 other classes and at the moment im not really sure how they gonna balance the classes out. So we just have to wait and see.

Last thing is: type of PvP. My first mmo was Rappelz E3 and I "grew" up on the pvp server where you could lose nearly everything so to me I would encourage a pretty strict PvP rule or a pure PvE rule with instanced PvP.

In my view mixing PvP & PvE with no real goal/loss in PvP ultimately results in ganking & what not.

Lastly I think that Bless is gonna do something similar to Aion.
    • the realm vs realm is awesome but already points out a flaw: What if one side is superior to the other side. (In terms of players, resources, etc.). If they can or will handle it with care I can be good.

That's the thing. Bless plays a unique role in pvp. I'm assuming you're using realm = faction.

There are 7 "Castles" for each faction. Meaning only 7 guilds will of each faction will control castles. Bless allows guilds to have "Castle Sieges" even inside the same faction as well as the enemy faction.

It's a very diplomacy game. Obv, you got to fight to control a castle, and then fight to keep it from the enemy faction as well as within.

Source - 2p.com/19781626_1/Bless-Online…t-Preview-by-cerberus.htm
    • Does anyone think it is likely we will see pvp and pve servers? Like the pvp servers will obviously be open world pvp for the "hard core" pvp players, and then the pve servers will have something like a flagging system so you can choose when to pvp. Though there will be some mandatory pvp areas in the pve servers for the lore of the game.
    • The game how it's made is PvEvP mixed. To make two different servers you would need to recode the whole game... so, at this stage (out of developping) seriously doubt there is gonna be a separation.

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Correct me if I'm wrong - please don't hesitate! - but don't they 'lock' one faction if it's too populated to encourage people to play the other side? Or is this just something I dreamed up ...

To me it made perfect sense. They'd want to keep things as balanced as possible to avoid having a server with one side so super dominant the other side didn't even want to log in.
    • tamberleigh wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong - please don't hesitate! - but don't they 'lock' one faction if it's too populated to encourage people to play the other side? Or is this just something I dreamed up ...

To me it made perfect sense. They'd want to keep things as balanced as possible to avoid having a server with one side so super dominant the other side didn't even want to log in.
      No, you are right, you are not wrong remembering. Bless uses a Temporary lock feature like Air Rivals (or... Space Cowboy if you comes like me from the first release)

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    Peria Chronicles