Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Biggest Fears on Launch Day

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Biggest Fears on Launch Day

New

My biggest fear on launch day, aside from servers being overloaded and shut down for several unknowable hours, is a repeat of FF14 Realm Reborn gold spammers. They were relentless, unstoppable, and absolutely maddening. DAY ONE! Where did they have an unlimited supply of gold on day one?! But I'm curious to know what your biggest day one fear is.
    • New

BaconMage wrote:

My biggest fear on launch day, aside from servers being overloaded and shut down for several unknowable hours, is a repeat of FF14 Realm Reborn gold spammers. They were relentless, unstoppable, and absolutely maddening. DAY ONE! Where did they have an unlimited supply of gold on day one?! But I'm curious to know what your biggest day one fear is.
      I got about the same fears, really.
      Servers being overloaded is like... expected, haha. It happens on every single launch ever, because the devs underestimate how many people will want to play at the same time.

PS: Very nice mustache/beard, you're hot.
    • New

BaconMage wrote:

Agree,
      Twitch
    • New

NyanPowa wrote:

Isnt the game buy to play? i doubt many gold spammers would be willing to keep buying the game just to spam WTS> GOLD
      You haven't played many B2P MMO's then have ya there?
      The thing is, NeoWiz's Team needs to hand out VAC Bans
      when this happens. This will 'weed out' the Gold Spammers
      as well as the Macro'ers & all that other stuff that is a break
      of TOS. If they don't do it, they'll probably lose Players in
      the long run & only cater to those that 'deal with it' or
      'utilize Gold Spammers' / Macro.
      We'll see how they handle it.
      We can all do better & work faster together!
    • New

actually this is my first B2P MMORPG, so now i'm worried :(

i dont get what you mean by
      the Macro'ers & all that other stuff that is a break of TOS
      is it against TOS to use a macro mouse and keyboard?
    • New

NyanPowa wrote:

actually this is my first B2P MMORPG, so now i'm worried :(

i dont get what you mean by
      the Macro'ers & all that other stuff that is a break of TOS
      is it against TOS to use a macro mouse and keyboard?
      It is on most any Game Online, due to it be considered
      as use "Third Party Assistance". If they are used for a
      'Competitive Edge', Bans can follow. This is why if you
      ever watch an E-Sports Show, they all have Basic mice,
      keyboards, etc.
    • New

I doubt they will ban for using macros. I would like to see devs comment on this though.

Hopefully the servers will not be too busy but that usually happens day 1. They said they are going to sell founders that give access days before actual EA, maybe they will be in the higher tiers to kind of gate people in at first??

I always turn of global chat in game. I know its not a real solution to spammers but I also get annoyed with questions and its better if I don't see them because I want to reply, rudely. Also some of those spammers for gold are fake and they try to hack your accounts.
    • New

wow this is the first i'm ever hearing of this. I know in Shooter games, macros are ban-able but i dont see how it would give you an advantage in a rpg. Convenient keybindings shouldnt be a problem.
    • New

NyanPowa wrote:

wow this is the first i'm ever hearing of this. I know in Shooter games, macros are ban-able but i dont see how it would give you an advantage in a rpg. Convenient keybindings shouldnt be a problem.
      You have to consider the fact that Bless (and many other MMO's)
      are 1st priority-PvP Games. For example, you using Macro's against
      me not using Macro's give you an immediate advantage.
      Just an example.
      However, another example is: Me using a Macro to Gather from
      a re-spawning Ore Vein is a huge advantage too. I could be
      using the Ore or simply using it to sell & then buy whatever I wish.
      Have to consider all the aspects. Macro's are greatly used for
      Chaining Attacks too, which makes killing Players & PvE Bosses
      much easier too.
    • New

SLiver wrote:

NyanPowa wrote:

You have to consider the fact that Bless (and many other MMO's)are 1st priority-PvP Games. For example, you using Macro's against
      me not using Macro's give you an immediate advantage.
      Just an example.
      However, another example is: Me using a Macro to Gather from
      a re-spawning Ore Vein is a huge advantage too. I could be
      using the Ore or simply using it to sell & then buy whatever I wish.
      Have to consider all the aspects. Macro's are greatly used for
      Chaining Attacks too, which makes killing Players & PvE Bosses
      much easier too.
      Yeah but most MMOs that I have ever played only banned if you used 3rd party automated programs for botting, but macros they would allow as long as you were at the keyboard and not fully automated. Like if you set up a macro for spamming a recruitment post or looking for group, or even a couple skill chains would be acceptable. We will have to see if they will let us know their stance.
    • New

Some do & some don't. On -that- we'll have to see
      NeoWiz's Teams' thoughts behind it, I agree.
    • New

On the subject of macro's, I've found that all of the Korean games I've played have essentially made them a bannable offense. I have serious questions about their server choices and options. I don't know that Steam offers a server to it's clients, but my guess is that Neowiz will have to use a third party to host it's servers unless it rents or buys a server and operates it on it's own.
    • New

My biggest fear on launch day is going to be seeing the Cash Shop...

Did they change Pet Reroll Scrolls from the Pure Evil RNG P2W Gambling crap that it is right now?

Do I still need to use Pet Tokens to Rank up my Pets/Mounts?

Do the Whales still get to box up the Pets/Mounts they Paid for on the Cash Shop then sell them on Auction for Huge Gold Gains?

Neowhiz says No P2W in the Steam version.... So is all this "fixed"?
    • New

Pentrep wrote:

On the subject of macro's, I've found that all of the Korean games I've played have essentially made them a bannable offense. I have serious questions about their server choices and options. I don't know that Steam offers a server to it's clients, but my guess is that Neowiz will have to use a third party to host it's servers unless it rents or buys a server and operates it on it's own.
      What Korean MMOs? I have usually played Lineage 2, Aion, TERA, Archeage and none of those games banned for using macros as long as you were not using them to fully automate and were at your keyboard.

I am curious about server locations too.
    • New

well some bans followed Aion Official (<- as official as it can get) tournaments in KR. Same with B&S KR.

But I never really heard of someone getting banned in EU&NA while playing in a regular way (no real automation, simply supporting the player).

My biggest concern right at this point is faction balance and thus overpopulation of servers and the resulting "let's add more servers to meet the demand" and later merge them because of reasons....

Another concern is the state of the game itself (playable classes, etc.).

Lastly the server location. (Quite honestly I don't want to play on NA servers while being on EU because.... I could play KR or JP instead - exaggerated but again.... the delay is there. And I played many NA versions and I really hated the delay.
    • New

Ezenkrul87 wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

What Korean MMOs? I have usually played Lineage 2, Aion, TERA, Archeage and none of those games banned for using macros as long as you were not using them to fully automate and were at your keyboard.
      I am curious about server locations too.
      The only KR game I've played other than Bless is BNS and I know NCSoft doesn't like macros. So I can assume that if it's bannable in BNS then it's bannable in all of the NCSoft games.
    • New

Dontez wrote:

Did they change Pet Reroll Scrolls from the Pure Evil RNG P2W Gambling crap that it is right now?

Do the Whales still get to box up the Pets/Mounts they Paid for on the Cash Shop then sell them on Auction for Huge Gold Gains?

fully automated macros(bots) are bannable in every mmorpg if reported.
      Using macros on your keyboard or mouse is not a bannable offense(if its not using a third party software within the macro like a script).

Ive played quite abit of free2play mmorpgs with macro mouse and keyboard and never got even a warning.
    • New

NyanPowa wrote:

Dontez wrote:

fully automated macros(bots) are bannable in every mmorpg if reported.Using macros on your keyboard or mouse is not a bannable offense(if its not using a third party software within the macro like a script).

Ive played quite abit of free2play mmorpgs with macro mouse and keyboard and never got even a warning.
      Detecting and reporting bots has been a problem for just about every game. What dictates a usable macro versus using using to much of it is a often a thin gray line. We just have to hope Neowiz is diligent and bans any and all RMT and bots. They can potentially ruin the game for everyone.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.