Just how bad is the gendered gear in this game?

• Just how bad is the gendered gear in this game?

Personally a major turn off for me in most MMO's is the gendered gear: females have skimpy flashy armor and males are usually covered head to toe if not entirely decked out in a tin can. It's the main reason why I have a lot of trouble getting interested in games, I'd rather have both options for both genders and having such a huge difference between the same set of gear based on gender just kills any interest I have. (TERA is a great example of a game I took once look at, laughed, and never even touched).

How bad is it in this game?
    • Well most armors are fine. There are a few armors of course which show a bit more and few which are really that flashy. Depends on the race.
      The yet to release race fedayin, siren have flashier armors I think.
    • The racial gear is "lore-based". The Fedayin and Iblis, for example, live in high-temperature regions, which is why their armor is pretty light. Overall it's not as extreme as in most other MMORPGs though.

It also depends on the class you are playing. Light and Leather Armor eventually shows some skin while Heavy Armor covers the whole body in most cases.
    • I have to agree the armor in this game is fairly conservative. I don't think this game is as highly sexualized as some others. I hope they keep it this way.
    • The game has decent armors, really.

But anyone can find armors s/he likes honestly, if you prefer to see more skin, you can choose to play an Iblis or a Fedayin, else, you can choose to play any other race I'd say.
      I think there's a good balance in Bless in term of gendered gear.

EDIT - I'll also add that Bless looks more of a western game for its looks, and the game world is mainly based on European culture (and quite well done I'd say, it's not a mess of 'Clichés' bunched together like some Korean MMOs might do), and that's one reason I like Bless more than some other MMOs (like Tera, which feels weird to me with its medievial/fantasy/magicial sci-fi theme? No need to add how asiatic this game looks too).
    • QcDiablo wrote:

The game has decent armors, really.

But anyone can find armors s/he likes honestly, if you prefer to see more skin, you can choose to play an Iblis or a Fedayin, else, you can choose to play any other race I'd say.
      I think there's a good balance in Bless in term of gendered gear.

EDIT - I'll also add that Bless looks more of a western game for its looks, and the game world is mainly based on European culture (and quite well done I'd say, it's not a mess of 'Clichés' bunched together like some Korean MMOs might do), and that's one reason I like Bless more than some other MMOs (like Tera, which feels weird to me with its medievial/fantasy/magicial sci-fi theme? No need to add how asiatic this game looks too).
      Something that will probably exist in some form in the future will be transmogrification, or the use of gears as skin. Transmogrification exists in some form in all of the major MMO's and I think we can expect to see it in Bless eventually.
    • New

Sorry I took so long to respond in here, I got busy!
      I think maybe there was a miscommunication, it's not so much skimpy gear that bothers me. It's when it's skimpy on FEMALE characters and the same gear is full body on MALE characters. If the gear is skimpy, it should be skimpy. If the gear is a tin can, it should be a tin can. Is the skimpy gear in this game full bodied / entirely different on male characters, and is the full bodied / heavily armored gear on male characters skimpy on female characters?

Is it TERA online or is it 2.0 FFXIV
    • New

doki wrote:

I think maybe there was a miscommunication, it's not so much skimpy gear that bothers me. It's when it's skimpy on FEMALE characters and the same gear is full body on MALE characters. If the gear is skimpy, it should be skimpy. If the gear is a tin can, it should be a tin can. Is the skimpy gear in this game full bodied / entirely different on male characters, and is the full bodied / heavily armored gear on male characters skimpy on female characters?

As was stated previously, overall this game is conservative when it comes to gear modeling. There isn't much skimpy gear to speak of period. From what I've seen Female gear is really just a restructuring of male gear, accounting for obvious body differences but doesn't change in terms of coverage.
    • New

Pentrep wrote:

doki wrote:

As was stated previously, overall this game is conservative when it comes to gear modeling. There isn't much skimpy gear to speak of period. From what I've seen Female gear is really just a restructuring of male gear, accounting for obvious body differences but doesn't change in terms of coverage.
      Awesome! That's good to hear. I'm excited to give this game a fair shot.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.