Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Month of April: Information Finally? (Self-Transferred from Steam)

• Month of April: Information Finally? (Self-Transferred from Steam)

New

Who else is hoping that starting tomorrow (April 1st), we start
      getting pertinent information on Bless Online?
      You know, like: Visual & Written confirmations on how the
      Combat Changes will work (per Class), information on what
      the B2P Founder's Packs will be, etc, etc.

Getting all of the re-written information translated into English is fine & all,
      but it's all old out-dated information. Majority of these Discussions posted
      are in regards to the changes of Bless Online & how it'll effect the New Regions
      that the Game is coming to. With all of these Active People (and potential Players)
      you would think actual information would be spewing from the nether regions.

C'mon NeoWiz ... we're all stoked & waiting. Now spark that fire & fan it into
      the flame that we are all hoping for! Here's for wishful thinking!
      We can all do better & work faster together!
    • New

Arenir wrote:

It's nice to hope, but I don't think anything will come to fruition. Especially on April Fool's day.
      Yeah, I doubt April Fool's Day will carry any weight too.
      But some REAL Info needs to happen before they start
      losing Player-Base due to Informational Neglect.
      Granted, I won't leave over it ... but others are already
      feeling that way & ready to jump ship. Steam Discussions
      have been proving that.
    • New

SLiver wrote:

Arenir wrote:

It's nice to hope, but I don't think anything will come to fruition. Especially on April Fool's day.
      Yeah, I doubt April Fool's Day will carry any weight too.But some REAL Info needs to happen before they start
      losing Player-Base due to Informational Neglect.
      Granted, I won't leave over it ... but others are already
      feeling that way & ready to jump ship. Steam Discussions
      have been proving that.
      Yeah, they all say that. At the end of the day, everyone is here for the same thing: a decent MMO. And if people are already searching on the market, it's likely they'll check it out regardless. Not saying that excuses the silence we've had from Neowiz, but they'll come around to check it out at some point.
      Twitch
    • New

Am really hoping for some info soon! If not tomorrow then at least within the first week or so. Am a bit hesitant to buy into another EA especially going in blind (or with very little info), but still will end up buying a founders pack. :p We'll just have to wait and see I guess o:
    • New

I don't doubt that either @Arenir. However, (as @BeMoe put it)
      all of this Information Neglecting is just going to hit their own
      pockets by people in return Neglecting Founder's Packs.
      Makes perfect sense ... why pay for something (especially in EA),
      that hasn't been explained to you what-so-ever?
      They'll just shoot themselves in the foot & hurt their own Community.
    • New

SLiver wrote:

I don't doubt that either @Arenir. However, (as @BeMoe put it)
      all of this Information Neglecting is just going to hit their own
      pockets by people in return Neglecting Founder's Packs.
      Makes perfect sense ... why pay for something (especially in EA),
      that hasn't been explained to you what-so-ever?
      They'll just shoot themselves in the foot & hurt their own Community.
      well the fundamental principles and style of Bless didn't change through the different versions. So given the attention Bless already had and still has due to JP I think people are more or less well informed about what to come. Or at least know what to expect from it on the basic level.
      Neowiz won't magically change fundamental systems like combat and given the combat overhaul isn't really an overhaul but more like fine-tuning and optimizing (at least my fair share of experience though I never really bothered playing the newer versions (JP) higher than 40).

Don't get me wrong, I really like to see a in depth overview on what we are getting in May 2018 but again.... the game itself will stay what it is. A few alterations will be made obviously but don't expect major changes. I mean if they deliver these I am happy but I don't think they will drop a huge information wave with all the new fluff they have in pocket. I mean they will likely hold back content so people won't leave the game within the first 4 to 8 weeks.
    • New

It's probably best they wait until after April Fools day is over, less anyone thinks they are pulling a joke. But we need to start seeing more stuff as they have a month, give or take, before they either get into EA or push it back further.
    • New

While I am hoping Neowiz will take some time to give us important information this month (Pax East is in three days) I can see why they are trying to be quiet on social media and Steam.

Bless is a game that is currently in its THIRD (fourth if you count Korea before the remake) redesign I'm not surprised that the developers want everything to be finished before they start sharing information with us. As people have various levels of contradictory knowledge on Bless, Neowiz needs to be sure that any and all information that they share with us before launch will still be relevant on launch day. Partly to make sure everybody has correct and modern knowledge of the game. If anybody says anything about any system that isn't finished, people will instantly start drawing comparisons to both Failed past iterations (Korea before redesign and Russian beta) and other MMOs.

The developers (hopefully) understand that players are starting to jump ship, but they also seem incredibally confident in their ability to convince them to come back on release day. This confidence most likely stems from both the number of hours and dollars they have put into the Global release and the fact that MMO players are in-between games right now. Not a single game on the MMO market is anything close to how they were during their glory days (those stopped about 6-13 years ago depending on who you ask). Since there is a high demand for a new MMO that actually does things right, Neowiz can just say "we got this" say almost nothing constructive for months and let the fan base do the rest. Allowing the player-base to carry and generate hype for you only works for so long though as eventually speculation and hype die down. Neowiz has reached this point, they need to, at the very least, start revealing small parts of the game.

These small teasers can very well create more hype for the developers to work with, and can most likely be done with the current state of the test realm (we all know they have one) All people want is something as simple as a "here is how crafting works in Bless online" or a "here is an overview of the UI, world map, and auction house" these pieces of content would be both more meaningful than translating pre-existing content and still require a similar amount of work. Why? Because these systems are practically unchanged from other versions of the game and they are proof that the developers are making progress towards releasing their completed product.

Despite the potential pros of releasing official information, the devs may feel it just isn't worth the risk. The global MMO community has grown fairly toxic over the years and developers have come under heavy scrutiny for making decisions that players haven't agreed with in the past. As Neowiz is obviously very passionate about their game (they have remade it several times, endured several failed launches, and are even publishing it globally themselves) it is hard to publicly say "this is what we are doing" and watch your choices be nit-picked by a bunch of people who know nothing about actual game design. [I speak from experience here]. Additionally, some people on the development team may feel that formal videos explaining systems aren't needed as they are plenty of guides on the internet already. Sadly many of these guides are of low quality, are outdated, incorrect, or simply impossible to follow.

At this point, Neowiz needs to decide how they want to interact with the community. If they want to stick to this strategy of "they can't actually get mad at us if we don't say anything" then that is on them. It most likely will; however, end up hurting them in the long run.
      Congratulations!

You just read another wall of text! :thumbsup:
    • New

As things stand, they have already released a decent amount of information about the release, as well as the early release in May, for those with Founder packs as well as the Emissaries testing in an earlier phase..

I don't feel that them rushing out any more information would help anything, they keep a steadily input and connection with the players within the Discord channel as well.

My opinion, they're doing a great job, and with developer experience myself, I personally do not mind waiting until the finished product is ready, It's so much let down to rush a release to find out there are more than just one major mistake or BUG..

That's why they're taking this long, as well as giving a test phase first, and that's something myself am alright with as a player.

-Henmoro.
      猿も木から落ちる❣ - Everyone makes mistakes, Stand up and keep trying!
    • New

Henmoro wrote:

As things stand, they have already released a decent amount of information about the release, as well as the early release in May, for those with Founder packs as well as the Emissaries testing in an earlier phase..

I don't feel that them rushing out any more information would help anything, they keep a steadily input and connection with the players within the Discord channel as well.

My opinion, they're doing a great job, and with developer experience myself, I personally do not mind waiting until the finished product is ready, It's so much let down to rush a release to find out there are more than just one major mistake or BUG..

That's why they're taking this long, as well as giving a test phase first, and that's something myself am alright with as a player.

-Henmoro.
      The only thing that really bothers me about what's been put out is that, with exception of the Emissary program and EA release schedule, no information has been new. They have only really translated the information, which is nice, but the fact is it was already there to start with.
    • New

Pentrep wrote:

Henmoro wrote:

-Henmoro.
      The only thing that really bothers me about what's been put out is that, with exception of the Emissary program and EA release schedule, no information has been new. They have only really translated the information, which is nice, but the fact is it was already there to start with.
      That's understandable, though even if it's translated and already known or not. You can at least tell that they're still working on the project.

As we know the Test Phase will happen for the Emissaries around or near the first of May, which is next month, along with those who get the founder packs(Early Access)..

After speaking directly to them via their Facebook page, I've also learnt that they're still considering website updates, such as their own forums, or if they'll use Steam forums as well.

It shows that they're still working as hard as they can, while still maintaining a decent amount of time within Discord to talk with people. I personally don't have any worries, and my hype is still there.

I understand that at least the early access starts sometime early next month, and that's something I'm looking forward too! :).

/EDIT
      It wouldn't surprise me any to see a bit more information around Mid April, towards the end month of April.
      猿も木から落ちる❣ - Everyone makes mistakes, Stand up and keep trying!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Henmoro ().

• New

All of the above makes sense, so don't think I'm
      disregarding anything previously mentioned-because that's
      not the case. My points are simple: Translated Information is
      cool (especially for those new to even looking at the game),
      however, with what all we DO KNOW is being changed for
      EU & NA ... this is the time to start releasing SOMETHING.
      Regardless, I am getting the Game & playing it. But, I
      know many other people that are not just losing interest
      due to no real information being shared ... but IF they were
      going to buy a Founder's Pack for $100, they are starting to
      lower the amount drastically that they are even willing to
      spend now on it because it's seeming (to them) as the new
      Information is being withheld at what is getting to be so
      close to the initial Release Date (EA).
      Which in turn means, immediate loss of revenue from
      'X' amount of people that were willing to spend a decent amount
      on an older Game that they could have or have played on
      overseas Servers.
      I want to see Bless Online succeed. But something 'real'
      needs to be shared sooner rather than later. Yeah, they more
      than likely are working through a buttload of issues right now,
      but people are starting to close their wallets too.
    • New

Henmoro wrote:

That's understandable, though even if it's translated and already known or not. You can at least tell that they're still working on the project.
      As we know the Test Phase will happen for the Emissaries around or near the first of May, which is next month, along with those who get the founder packs(Early Access)..

After speaking directly to them via their Facebook page, I've also learnt that they're still considering website updates, such as their own forums, or if they'll use Steam forums as well.

It shows that they're still working as hard as they can, while still maintaining a decent amount of time within Discord to talk with people. I personally don't have any worries, and my hype is still there.

I understand that at least the early access starts sometime early next month, and that's something I'm looking forward too! :).

/EDIT
      It wouldn't surprise me any to see a bit more information around Mid April, towards the end month of April.
      My guess is that they will have their own official forums to accompany this and steam. Every other game has it and so should Bless. As far as information goes, I welcome the translation as it does show they are working on localization. Because there are plenty of devs who don't put effort into it and the result is poor or inaccurate translation. Furthermore I'm assuming the founder access will be what begins in May and that they will do periodic openings following down the 6 month time line, with specific intervals between the openings.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.