Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Since a B2P model has been announced can we discuss options?

• Since a B2P model has been announced can we discuss options?

OK now that they have announced the "Buy to Play' model I'm concerned about how they will support Development going forward. A cash shop seems like an obvious choice but what kind of things would YOU want to be available there?

Personally I tend to buy things like Costumes, coupons for re-customizing my character, maybe something similar to rename my character, etc... But I'd like to get more ideas. Just as long as they don't offer exclusive advantages.
    • Cannyone wrote:

OK now that they have announced the "Buy to Play' model I'm concerned about how they will support Development going forward. A cash shop seems like an obvious choice but what kind of things would YOU want to be available there?

Personally I tend to buy things like Costumes, coupons for re-customizing my character, maybe something similar to rename my character, etc... But I'd like to get more ideas. Just as long as they don't offer exclusive advantages.
      Decorations for house/guild house's would be pretty nice to see.
      "Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."
      - John Donne
    • Overall, I'd mostly want cosmetics in the cash shop, but I'd like to develop more on this, so there' a list of things I'd like, wouldn't mind, or don't like to be in the cash shop, as well as a few things to be buyable with Gold.

What I'd like to be in the cash shop:
      - Cosmetics of any sort (which is huge by itself)
      - Items for re-creating your character and renaming it
      - Items to reset skilltree (As long as you can reset the skilltree with relatively low gold)
      - VIP Subscription to get free skilltree reset and fast travel (with Dragon tamers), slight EXP boost, lumena everyday, and maybe exclusive cosmetics/titles/name in chat...

What I wouldn't mind in the cash shop:
      - Items to fast travel around the map (maybe a 7-days free fast-travel at Dragon tamers)
      - EXP boosts (as long as it's not too strong; especially for mobs)
      - Gold boosts when figthing mobs (no dungon rewards, no quests rewards boosts, no selling boost)
      - Items to Reduce Auction house tax
      - Mounts and pets (NO Epic/Legendary; some can be exclusive to cash shop; As long as they do not have an advantage over normal mounts/pets)

What I don't want in the cash shop:
      - "VIP" Subscription that increases EXP and Gold by 200% by quests or anything similar
      - Crafting/Taming... EXP Boost. These secondary skills are meant to be long to grind, and any EXP boost would just be unfair.
      - Selling exclusive equipement (or any equipment)
      - Instant max-level + full max level equipment item
      - Items to re-roll companions' skills (this was kinda P2W in JP Rebuild)
      - Any exclusive mechanic (ex: the whole player housing thing; but it may contain exclusive furniture, as long as there is enough furniture choices to buy with Gold)

What I really want (read: need) to be buyable with GOLD:
      - Reseting skilltree (or even free with an NPC)
      - Items to re-roll companions' skills (and possibly with separated skills re-rolls, I wanna keep the 1 skill out of 3 that is good)
    • As long as we don't have any Power/RNG/Time gains through Cash Shopping, I'm good with this model. Basically if it's turning into a BDO-like I'll just leave instantly.
    • pet and mount costumes
      House decoration and furniture later on
      New acessories, costumes, hairstyles, tattos, etc
      Party exp boosts - since exp tends to diminish in a party (not more than the max exp you could get while soloing)
      Trusted compeer let us meet once fate decides upon it,

Sealed by
      Blueberry
    • I agree cosmetics and mounts should be the main focus. They could do well to make worthwhile and appealing cosmetic items, similar to the way the BNS item shop does. I hope lock boxes and xp buffs never appear as getting to cap is far from hard in the game. One thing that might be interesting is a drop increase rate item, though I'm not sure how well it would work in practice.
    • cosmetics and vanity items, please
      while I know many think favourably of "minor convenience items" as they rarely offer you instant benefits, I'm very cautious of them.
      really, anything that makes you progress faster or more efficiently, and gives you an edge over your fellow player (that opts to not pay) can subtly establish a system of pay to win.
      if ever you can convert your actual money into ingame resources, you're treading into danger territory

also for the love of heck make the cash shop items account or character bound
    • EDIT:

Regarding to this topic the IMPORTANT thing is:
      "A large part of the later game content is PVP oriented (like our sieges), so we’re hoping players will try to engage in the conflict between the two factions then. Still, if they wish to avoid PVP, they’ll be able to buy the consumable in the cash shop, and you will also be able to earn cash shop currency via in-game activities as well." =O
      Trusted compeer let us meet once fate decides upon it,

Sealed by
      Blueberry

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blueberry ().

• One of the biggest things for me is being able to buy extra "skill books/decks" so I can have multiple builds. My favorite thing to do is being able to have multiple builds, especially since this game seems to emphasize various builds in each class. For example if I played Paladin I could have a skill deck for my solo questing, group healing, group tanking, etc...

Other things I love seeing in the cash shop
      -Pets
      -Mounts
      -Outfits (especially individual pieces so I can mix/match)
      -House decorations
      -Weapon cosmetics
      -Skill decks and skill deck resets

I'm sure there are others but that's all I can think off the top of my head.
    • I saw several suggestions wanting the reset skill for real Money. I do not want to pay every time I make a mistake in my build. I agree with real Money Deck cost. Developers talk about the diversity of each class, to function in the style of each player... Then imagine you pay for each time you try to find yourself in the game. Build Decks for each situation considering buff and nerfs along the way...

I really do not want to pay every time a need to reset my builds or decks... This resets need to cost in game currency. Remmember this is not a free game and he will get a monthly package. Games with a huge worldwide sucess use only cosmetic or paid exapasions (LOL,CS,GW2,ESO).
      Twitch
    • Lagnight wrote:

I saw several suggestions wanting the reset skill for real Money. I do not want to pay every time I make a mistake in my build. I agree with real Money Deck cost. Developers talk about the diversity of each class, to function in the style of each player... Then imagine you pay for each time you try to find yourself in the game. Build Decks for each situation considering buff and nerfs along the way...

I really do not want to pay every time a need to reset my builds or decks... This resets need to cost in game currency. Remmember this is not a free game and he will get a monthly package. Games with a huge worldwide sucess use only cosmetic or paid exapasions (LOL,CS,GW2,ESO).
      Oh no I 100% agree that they should have an in-game gold option to buy skill deck resets as well. I only included it in my cash shop list because I read in their interview that you can obtain cash shop currency from in game events. Of course I'm thinking it would be super cheap if it was in the cash shop and nothing crazy. That way it gives is two options...we can either use the shop currency we saved up from events or we can farm the gold for resets. It would all boil down to how much they would cost in both currency though. If they were to make them like $5 in the cash shop then I would definitely say no, just stick to in game currency.
    • ReizoGames wrote:

Lagnight wrote:

I saw several suggestions wanting the reset skill for real Money. I do not want to pay every time I make a mistake in my build. I agree with real Money Deck cost. Developers talk about the diversity of each class, to function in the style of each player... Then imagine you pay for each time you try to find yourself in the game. Build Decks for each situation considering buff and nerfs along the way...

Oh no I 100% agree that they should have an in-game gold option to buy skill deck resets as well. I only included it in my cash shop list because I read in their interview that you can obtain cash shop currency from in game events. Of course I'm thinking it would be super cheap if it was in the cash shop and nothing crazy. That way it gives is two options...we can either use the shop currency we saved up from events or we can farm the gold for resets. It would all boil down to how much they would cost in both currency though. If they were to make them like $5 in the cash shop then I would definitely say no, just stick to in game currency.
      Unless they changed it, skill deck resets are really easy to do right now and only had in game gold involved. In fact I don't think it cost much at all, if anything. I never tried it on the rebuild though on the original server that was the case.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Unless they changed it, skill deck resets are really easy to do right now and only had in game gold involved. In fact I don't think it cost much at all, if anything. I never tried it on the rebuild though on the original server that was the case.
      Awesome glad to know! I'll just be happy having multiple skill decks that I can toy with. If I recall correctly I've seen up to 5 skill decks listed on the skill window which will give me plenty to play around with.
    • Cash shop should only be cosmetics, but it wont they will slowly creep in more n more things that will eventually add to P2W.

Guess like most things time will tell.

The GW2 model would be great, but not sure they will have the player base to carry that off.
      The Immortals - We lived a thousand lives. United we stand!
    • ReizoGames wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

Awesome glad to know! I'll just be happy having multiple skill decks that I can toy with. If I recall correctly I've seen up to 5 skill decks listed on the skill window which will give me plenty to play around with.
      Originally it let you toy around with 2 for free. The other 3 you had to pay to get. But I don't think you'd need more than 2 unless you planned to PvP.
    • Nemeses wrote:

Cash shop should only be cosmetics, but it wont they will slowly creep in more n more things that will eventually add to P2W.

Guess like most things time will tell.

The GW2 model would be great, but not sure they will have the player base to carry that off.
      I think that depends on Bless' success. If it sells well then there's a good chance the cash shop will remain cosmetic, but if it flops hard like Archeage did, the only option the publisher has is to go full pay-to-win for a quick cash grab before the whole shit goes down.
    • This isn't cash shop related but one thing I am really really hoping for is they allow us to create and name our characters before the official start of EA. Similar to BnS and BDO...it was great being able to spend hours perfecting my character with not feeling rushed to hop in the game and get to leveling. Could maybe add it as a reward for buying any of the founders packs.
    • ReizoGames wrote:

This isn't cash shop related but one thing I am really really hoping for is they allow us to create and name our characters before the official start of EA. Similar to BnS and BDO...it was great being able to spend hours perfecting my character with not feeling rushed to hop in the game and get to leveling. Could maybe add it as a reward for buying any of the founders packs.
      Most founders packs tend to include reservation as part of the package. However I'm not sure how much competition there will be for any one given name, set aside popular names found in different media. There are some people who will sit and wait to see what happens because of the negative press this game got during the KR mishaps.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.