Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Pet Buffs, Cash Shop and PvP Balance

• Pet Buffs, Cash Shop and PvP Balance

Recently started looking into this game as I am super excited about it. One thing that worries me, however, is the pet buffs. The fact that you can only upgrade and level them with items from the cash shop would be fine if the buffs were merely cosmetic. Additionally, which buffs received are based on RNG. This is essentially loot boxes in pet form.

My question is, to PvP'ers who have or are currently playing the game, how do pets affect you? Do they throw off game balance by a lot? Are pets a necessity to stay competitive?

I am imagining scenarios where someone who is either lucky or who blew loads in the cash shop has stacked high level buffs on their pet just wrecking anyone else. I really hope they either make pets cosmetics for global release, or at least make the items earn able through game play.
    • Except the stupid +50% backward buff ... others are "balance"

The RNG is real (like loot boxes), and the CS could be P2W if they make some items for easier pet/mount upgrade

Some mount buffs are OP too
    • Unfortunately RNG is really common with Eastern MMO's so I'm not surprised they went the route with RNG. At least loot tables aren't entirely RNG. There has to be some element of randomness, otherwise you always know what to expect. Personally pet's don't make or break the game for me. I don't see how they'd make anything OP in PVP. They seem to be for players who prefer to min-max everything.
    • Lol u're blind ?
      Are u playing IG ? or only on forum ?

The +50% backwalk is OP for ranger

check IG, the 3rd slot could fucking good too :
      +20% dmg for 5sec / 30secCD
      Something like a 3sec stun counter attack if u take 7% HPdmg + a 20% Pdef/Mdef buff for 5sec

With mount u can have a sort of flag/banner who can give GROUP buff like immuCC, an absorb dmg shield, or an AE-fear on ennemies

So having a legendary pet (or mount) with BiS buff on all party/raid member on a pvp fight and u will see the difference at the engage (especially in Bless where everything is done at engage with full AP stuff)

Or maybe u're just a pve player who don't care about pvp ... in that case, yeah pet/mount buff will not gamebreaker

The post was edited 1 time, last by Estekiwi ().

• It's really sad that they couldn't get it done without this bs. I really liked the old cash shop.

I do like it that they give pet's a more significant role but if you mix it with p2w and op stats it's bound to fail and upset players. Well I sort of anticipated it in the long run but well.... Let's see how it is when EA is up. Really curious how the game feels at the moment compared to the live servers back then.
    • Estekiwi wrote:

Lol u're blind ?
      Are u playing IG ? or only on forum ?

The +50% backwalk is OP for ranger

check IG, the 3rd slot could fucking good too :
      +20% dmg for 5sec / 30secCD
      Something like a 3sec stun counter attack if u take 7% HPdmg + a 20% Pdef/Mdef buff for 5sec

With mount u can have a sort of flag/banner who can give GROUP buff like immuCC, an absorb dmg shield, or an AE-fear on ennemies

So having a legendary pet (or mount) with BiS buff on all party/raid member on a pvp fight and u will see the difference at the engage (especially in Bless where everything is done at engage with full AP stuff)

Or maybe u're just a pve player who don't care about pvp ... in that case, yeah pet/mount buff will not gamebreaker
      Right, I don't like PvP so I don't really see the benefits of the PvP aspect. Assuming you were responding to me. Sorry I didn't clarify.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pentrep ().

• In more details , look how a PvP player can have legendary pet AND mount with 2 really strong buffs :

- Mount Buff : after u use the mount buff, "Absorb dmg for 5sec" (seems 10secCD)
      U can remove the mount and the shield still
      In this video, at 2min00 u can see the buff in action (it's the yellow dome around the mage)
      The mage take 10.000+ dmg (u can verify if u want) during this 5sec shield, and when the shield fade, he begins to take some damages
      --> So at every engage (with mount) he has a 5sec dmg immunity

- Pet buff : after loose 7% HP in a hit, u create a buff on u for 5sec (who give u 20% Pdef / Mdef) AND if someone hit u, he takes a reflective stun for 3sec (everyone who hit)
      U can see the buff on his buff icons ... it's with yellow lightning circle
      When the buff proc, the same icon appear at the right side of icon buff (for 5sec ... 30secCD)

*In the same video at 2min08 u can see the buff proc and :
      The ranger and mascu mage are instantly stun
      Next one is the zerk at 2min10 (after his jump)
      At 2min11 again the mascu mage at the right side
      At 2min12 the guardian who hit the mage
      5 consecutives stun on different ennemies ...

*Again in this video at 0min52 ... buff proc :
      3 ennemies stun (2 ranger and 1 pala)

--> So this guy has a 5sec immunity at the engage and when he loose HP, he has during 5sec a automatic stun ennemy for 3sec

In conclusion, yes the pet/mount buffs are totally gamebreaking in PvP (open, castro, arena) and are part of the endgame stuff, as much as his armor and his weapon !!!

And following the CS that we will have, if they put items for easier pet/mount regrade (like CS in KR), it will become P2W
      Atm, on JP CS u have item for change the skillpet ... so if, by chance, u obtain a legendary pet but with wrong buff, u can use ure credit card for changing their skills instead of regrade another pet

Without some 3rd buffs and the +50% backwalk, pet and mount are balanced, but some buffs are totally OP !

(for information legendary pet/mount have less than 1% chance to obtain)
    • Sigh.........if these OP buffs are really from cash shop only pets/mounts......

Sungjin Ko (Executive Producer) wrote:

......I want to address the concerns regarding Pay to Win in the game. I promise you that there will be no Pay to Win elements in Bless Online. We want players to enjoy the game their own way.
      Yup, "enjoy the game, with your credit card" way

Yet another classic case of devs hammering the point of "oh no...we don't do P2W, we're different, our game is different, trust us!"

Then this concrete proof of flat out P2W crap in game already.......so disappointed after all this time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Truth ().

• Estekiwi wrote:

In more details , look how a PvP player can have legendary pet AND mount with 2 really strong buffs :

- Mount Buff : after u use the mount buff, "Absorb dmg for 5sec" (seems 10secCD)
      In this video, at 2min00 u can see the buff in action (it's the yellow dome around the mage)
      The mage take 10.000+ dmg (u can verify if u want) during this 5sec shield, and when the shield fade, he begins to take some damages

- Pet buff : after loose 7% HP in a hit, u create a buff on u for 5sec (who give u 20% Pdef / Mdef) AND if someone hit u, he takes a reflective stun for 3sec (everyone who hit)
      U can see the buff on his buff icons ... it's with yellow lightning circle
      When the buff proc, the same icon appear at the right side of icon buff (for 5sec ... 30secCD)

*In the same video at 2min08 u can see the buff proc and :
      The ranger and mascu mage are instantly stun
      Next one is the zerk at 2min10 (after his jump)
      At 2min11 again the mascu mage at the right side
      At 2min12 the guardian who hit the mage
      5 consecutives stun on different ennemies ...

*Again in this video at 0min52 ... buff proc :
      3 ennemies stun (2 ranger and 1 pala)

--> So this guy has a 5sec immunity at the engage and when he loose HP, he has during 5sec a automatic stun ennemy for 3sec

In conclusion, yes the pet/mount buffs are totally gamebreaking in PvP (open, castro, arena) and are part of the endgame stuff, as much as his armor and his weapon !!!

And following the CS that we will have, if they put items for easier pet/mount regrade (like CS in KR), it will become P2W
      Atm, on JP CS u have item for change the skillpet ... so if, by chance, u obtain a legendary pet but with wrong buff, u can use ure credit card for changing their skills instead of regrade another pet

Without some 3rd buffs and the +50% backwalk, pet and mount are balanced, but some buffs are totally OP !

(for information legendary pet/mount have less than 1% chance to obtain)
      Wow that's insane. Let's hope this system doesn't hit the west. This is rather concerning despite their statements about P2W...
    • Estekiwi wrote:

In more details , look how a PvP player can have legendary pet AND mount with 2 really strong buffs :

All of that is great to make some very good examples of the p2w pet issue. You or anybody else should reproduce this in steam forum/discord. The community manager use to reply and "he saids" he sends the concerns to the developers, so maybe that could help. I can't cause I didn't buy a steam game yet and don't let me publish in the forum cause of that :S
    • Sarcastic wrote:

All of that is great to make some very good examples of the p2w pet issue. You or anybody else should reproduce this in steam forum/discord. The community manager use to reply and "he saids" he sends the concerns to the developers, so maybe that could help. I can't cause I didn't buy a steam game yet and don't let me publish in the forum cause of that :S
      Agreed, you should totally share your findings on steam. Maybe they will see it there and do something about it.
    • New

Rapwnzel wrote:

Recently started looking into this game as I am super excited about it. One thing that worries me, however, is the pet buffs. The fact that you can only upgrade and level them with items from the cash shop would be fine if the buffs were merely cosmetic. Additionally, which buffs received are based on RNG. This is essentially loot boxes in pet form.

My question is, to PvP'ers who have or are currently playing the game, how do pets affect you? Do they throw off game balance by a lot? Are pets a necessity to stay competitive?

I am imagining scenarios where someone who is either lucky or who blew loads in the cash shop has stacked high level buffs on their pet just wrecking anyone else. I really hope they either make pets cosmetics for global release, or at least make the items earn able through game play.
      You can't get ANYTHING from the cashop other than 20% exp for mounts skill reroll (very cheap) and food that u can craft urself ingame. The upgrades are RNG even with the boost items that you get from elite quests with low drop rate. Its rather easy to get an epic pet / mount. Legendary is a bit diffrent story.

So as far as P2W there are no items. Only skill reset, it takes less than an hour of playtime to get enough gold to get it from Action house in JPN, wont be lot diffrent on EU and you can manage w.o.

So Chill even if u CAN spend few euro (wont be even a lot) to make it easyer u will only win a little bit of time. Like i mentioned above epic is easy to get, and for legendary , just farm few hours to get scroll from AH or spend 10-20euro and ur good to go.
    • New

For trying a Legendary pet we need a Epic45 pet and we need to sacrifice 1 Epic fodder pet for each try !!

If they really want to make money with CS, they can add this kind of item that prevents to lose the Epic fodder when u fail

So instead of needing ~10 epic fodder pets, you only need 1 and you can save a lot of golds / scrolls / and time leveling pets

This P2W item (and others) exist on KR CS !!

In interview Neowiz said that they don't like P2W items ?
      So why they put the need to break costumes (on JP CS) to protect gear from degrading when we make +11-15 ? :saint: :evil:
      They can do the same with pets and mounts if they want $

Or we can close our eyes and /pray :thumbsup: (but we are not blind)
    • New

Berkshi wrote:

For trying a Legendary pet we need a Epic45 pet and we need to sacrifice 1 Epic fodder pet for each try !!

If they really want to make money with CS, they can add this kind of item that prevents to lose the Epic fodder when u fail

So instead of needing ~10 epic fodder pets, you only need 1 and you can save a lot of golds / scrolls / and time leveling pets

This P2W item (and others) exist on KR CS !!

In interview Neowiz said that they don't like P2W items ?
      So why they put the need to break costumes (on JP CS) to protect gear from degrading when we make +11-15 ? :saint: :evil:
      They can do the same with pets and mounts if they want $

Or we can close our eyes and /pray :thumbsup: (but we are not blind)
      Yep that could be much faster and a lot of work and time that won't be wasted.

I also hope that now that the game is b2p they fix the pet random skills p2w issue that JP version has.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.