Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Question about censoring

• Question about censoring

Will we have any censoring in the steam Version of the game? Something like this really is shit for me personal. Happend in so many mmorpgs before (Blade and Soul, Tera and so on). And since we have at least some nude content (a semi sex scene) in the game and some monster design that is often to "hard" for the west would like to know if they said anything about this topic.

Best regards :D
    • It's a tricky subject because most people want them left in but you don't want your game getting a high age rating as that limits your audience. I guess it's about knowing the people you're aiming for and catering accordingly. Personally I hope they can keep the stuff in and just get a 12A rating.
      Dark or Light, Good or Bad its all a matter of perspective. :saint: - Muriele Lightflicker :evil:
    • Nefaras wrote:

Will we have any censoring in the steam Version of the game? Something like this really is shit for me personal. Happend in so many mmorpgs before (Blade and Soul, Tera and so on). And since we have at least some nude content (a semi sex scene) in the game and some monster design that is often to "hard" for the west would like to know if they said anything about this topic.

Best regards :D
      I don't forsee this game getting that much censoring. Compared to BNS this game is tame. I haven't seen much sexualization in this game. Though there is a fair amount of violence and blood. So we'll have to wait and see.
    • New

I wouldn't mind having a mmo with more mature contents in the future. I also heard from some youtubers the end game can be much like DarkSouls in terms of PvE solo difficulty (not sure if its true though) so kids will probably rage quit this game pretty fast if that's the case. If that is really the case and they still want a younger audiance, that brings in a bunch of other problems... :/

Edit: it has been confirmed, soloing in some end game content is impossible and even in team the dificulty is quite high 8o
      Trusted compeer let us meet once fate decides upon it,

Sealed by
      Blueberry

The post was edited 2 times, last by Blueberry ().

• New

Blueberry wrote:

I also heard from some youtubers the end game can be much like DarkSouls in terms of PvE solo difficulty
      I can confirm end-game content is really difficult to solo: it has been made for parties.
      In fact, the game is impossible to solo once you get to the level 33 dungeon (a party of 2 players level 33-36 is not enough either).
      I think a solo level 45 can beat the level 33 dungeon though.

For example, a generic level ~33 mob has ~2000 HP, and a mob (the weakest one you find dozens of) from the level 33 dungeon has 10K-15K HP (I don't remember exactly), so even that single mob can cause you a problem if you are solo. It's first boss is a Warlock of 75K HP that summons a huge 300K HP golem which kills you quite fast.
    • New

QcDiablo wrote:

Blueberry wrote:

I also heard from some youtubers the end game can be much like DarkSouls in terms of PvE solo difficulty
      I can confirm end-game content is really difficult to solo: it has been made for parties.In fact, the game is impossible to solo once you get to the level 33 dungeon (a party of 2 players level 33-36 is not enough either).
      I think a solo level 45 can beat the level 33 dungeon though.

For example, a generic level ~33 mob has ~2000 HP, and a mob (the weakest one you find dozens of) from the level 33 dungeon has 10K-15K HP (I don't remember exactly), so even that single mob can cause you a problem if you are solo. It's first boss is a Warlock of 75K HP that summons a huge 300K HP golem which kills you quite fast.
      I don't think many people want soloable stuff, at least initially. The whole point of end game is to team up and conquer it. This doesn't mean there can't be solo end game activities. It just means that all of them can't be oriented around solo play. It sort of defeats the purpose of the MMO environment.
    • New

Pentrep wrote:

I don't think many people want soloable stuff, at least initially. The whole point of end game is to team up and conquer it. This doesn't mean there can't be solo end game activities. It just means that all of them can't be oriented around solo play. It sort of defeats the purpose of the MMO environment.
      I didn't say I want soloable stuff, I actually prefer the way Bless makes things and makes soloing impossible for later levels ^^

I just wanted to state how Bless could resemble Dark Souls in term of difficulty for a solo player in later levels.
    • New

sincerely hoping for little to no censorship!
      from my experience so far, it seems that the possibly problematic content is mostly in the cutscenes, so there shouldn't be any armor designs that need covering up
      I'm not sure how releases like this get rated in the west, but getting hit with a mature rating could be a bit troublesome for the publisher.
      another concern is having way too young kids wander into the game's mature content and then having the publisher having to withstand a shitstorm from the parents
    • New

Compared to many games on the modern market, this one is relatively tame design wise. There are only a few particular cutscenes which could cause some issues.

Sadly the ESRB and PEGI could potentially see these scenes, have collective heart attacks and slap the highest ratings they can on the thing. Despite these ratings, many parents in the US especially, don't fully understand how the rating system for games works and allow their children to play the game without knowing what it is. On the other side of the same problem are the people who judge a game simply off of the rating alone without caring about context.

While an M rating won't necessarily decrease the number of those who play the game come launch day, it can potentially put off several potential players and weaken the games long-term projection.

At the end of the day, I simply hope that the developers recognize their target audience (outside of pre-existing fans) and approach censorship accordingly.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tycon ().

• New

Tycon wrote:

Compared to many games on the modern market, this one is relatively tame design wise. There are only a few particular cutscenes which could cause some issues.

Sadly the ESRB and PEGI could potentially see these scenes, have collective heart attacks and slap the highest ratings they can on the thing. Despite these ratings, many parents in the US especially, don't fully understand how the rating system for games works and allow their children to play the game without knowing what it is. On the other side of the same problem are the people who judge a game simply off of the rating alone without caring about context.

While an M rating won't necessarily decrease the number of those who play the game come launch day, it can potentially put off several potential players and weaken the games long-term projection.

At the end of the day, I simply hope that the developers recognize their target audience (outside of pre-existing fans) and approach censorship accordingly.
      I don't think ESRB/PEGI will do much to this game. I don't really think MMO's get the same wrap other games do when it comes to rating. However rating does change the game, look at how much they changed the story in BNS to fit it into the Mature rating scale. If I were to guess, as of right now, Bless probably scales as Teen. It's not hyper sexualized nor is than exorbitant amount of blood or violence.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.