Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Summary of various interviews

• Summary of various interviews

Hey guys instead of people having to dig trough various threads for multiple links i thought it would be nice to consolidate all important info from interviews into a single thread.

Enjoy :)

1. Early Access is considered as soft launch because there wont be wipe on release.
      2. Early Access will last around 6 months.
      3. Early Access will not be free they will instead have several packs with benefits for early adopters (similar to founder packs).
      4. Housing is in development.
      5. New race is coming in early 2019 if everything goes according to plan.
      6. Some of the new content planned for post release (not specified if by release they mean EA or official release) will include 20 man open world boss, 40 man raid boss, high lvl open world pvp area (guessing with objectives), 10v10 and 15v15 battlegrounds and large scale war system.
      7. It was mentioned that there will be battles in sea and sky as well so its possible that ships and flying mount battles are in development.
      8. English voiceovers are in production.
      9. There will be no region-locking.
      10. They are leaning towards B2P and regardless of final monetization it will be different than JP and KR versions.
      11. Around 70% of development is done toward Steam version.
      12. Quote: There will be a skill and combat system for the Steam version that is completely different from what you all have seen in the trailers so far.
      13. They are not working on console version but they are doing R&D.
      14. In every interview it is mentioned (even when not asked) that they heard players loud and clear and they will not be P2W.
      15. Leveling is not grindy at all and in fact killing monsters gives low xp. Following main quest and doing side quests will get you to max lvl.
      16. They are taking game performance very seriously and optimization (alongside combat) is the main reason they decided on Rebuild.
    • Namus wrote:

Hey guys instead of people having to dig trough various threads for multiple links i thought it would be nice to consolidate all important info from interviews into a single thread.

Enjoy :)

12. Quote: There will be a skill and combat system for the Steam version that is completely different from what you all have seen in the trailers so far.
      Nice Summary Bro! Ty

About number 12, I don't know what trailer they are talking about but don't think that for Steam version they are going to change much more the combat and skill system than JP and rebuild already has.
      They said:

" Q: How has the revamped combat system gone over in Korea? Are Korean players demanding a different sort of experience from what western players demand, or do you find we’re all mostly on the same page?

R: Although there may be differences in the gameplay styles in different cultures and countries, we don’t think they demand different sorts of experiences. What makes the combat system and the other content of the game fun appeals to all players regardless of their culture or where they come from. In short, the revamp has gone over quite well so far, and we think the western players will be very happy with it as well. "

in this interview: massivelyop.com/2018/02/12/ble…-and-avoiding-pay-to-win/
    • I think we will get further revamped combat in Steam version because they mentioned combo skills that are not in JP or KR versions atm.
      Its pretty hard to figure out the true meaning of his answers because a lot is probably lost in the translation :(
    • Namus wrote:

I think we will get further revamped combat in Steam version because they mentioned combo skills that are not in JP or KR versions atm.
      Its pretty hard to figure out the true meaning of his answers because a lot is probably lost in the translation :(
      Mmm are you talking about the Interview with the Game Director?:

"In order to provide tempo-based (rhythmic) combat, we are re-adjusting the monster difficulty and adding skill combo effects for more efficient and interesting combat. Additionally, with the skill customization system, a skill’s effect or the whole impact of the skill itself can be changed depending on the path you choose. It will definitely provide more depth to growing skills and will enable more strategic combat in PVE / PVP situations.

The current skill system works through players improving their skills by investing skill points, but in the future players will be able to diversify their combat style by choosing which skill effects to grow and how to make their skill combos."

That interview seems to be almost a copy paste of the same thing they said for rebuild server so it's not clear if combo effect are not the same things that the game already has, for example mage can stun if they use another skill before meteor, etc. They repeated a lot of information they used for rebuild, So I have my doubts.

Or did you read it somewhere else where they clarified that it's a new system exclusively for steam?
    • Sarcastic wrote:

Namus wrote:

I think we will get further revamped combat in Steam version because they mentioned combo skills that are not in JP or KR versions atm.
      Mmm are you talking about the Interview with the Game Director?:
      "In order to provide tempo-based (rhythmic) combat, we are re-adjusting the monster difficulty and adding skill combo effects for more efficient and interesting combat. Additionally, with the skill customization system, a skill’s effect or the whole impact of the skill itself can be changed depending on the path you choose. It will definitely provide more depth to growing skills and will enable more strategic combat in PVE / PVP situations.

The current skill system works through players improving their skills by investing skill points, but in the future players will be able to diversify their combat style by choosing which skill effects to grow and how to make their skill combos."

That interview seems to be almost a copy paste of the same thing they said for rebuild server so it's not clear if combo effect are not the same things that the game already has, for example mage can stun if they use another skill before meteor, etc. They repeated a lot of information they used for rebuild, So I have my doubts.

Or did you read it somewhere else where they clarified that it's a new system exclusively for steam?
      No they mentioned something along the lines of GW 2 skill combos where skills from different classes can interact with each other. At least that's how i understood it.
      They also mentioned that Steam version will have features that are not in KR or JP yet but they wont stay exclusive they will get all versions on par eventually.
      Its my understanding that for them Steam version is top priority out of all versions.
    • Namus wrote:

No they mentioned something along the lines of GW 2 skill combos where skills from different classes can interact with each other. At least that's how i understood it.They also mentioned that Steam version will have features that are not in KR or JP yet but they wont stay exclusive they will get all versions on par eventually.
      Its my understanding that for them Steam version is top priority out of all versions.
      Since they plan on supporting multiple versions of the game, they have to make differences. Especially if they actually plan on making them region free as he suggested in the interview.
    • Namus wrote:

My personal guess would be June with early 2019 (January or February) release and that would mean we also get a new race on release because they said new race in early 2019.
      As a side-note It to be the Iblis races they had originally planned but never hashed out details on. This should be promising for some people. This makes me think there will be a premium race change option.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pentrep ().

• I think that 6 months in EA is a huge risk. People who pay for the packs and actually play the game will be sharing their experience and they will be influencing other people.
      if these people have bad things to say about the EA then the game is doomed. We are all super hyped but we are all extremely worried because we are giving this game a 2nd chance, it's not that it just came to the market and everyone is ready to play it whatsoever.

Also, no wipe off the EA servers means that people who will buy the packs and play the game will get a HUGE lead start from all the other players who will wait for the actual official launch of the game. This might turn people off to a point of actually not even wanting to try the game out at all.

Last but not least, playing the game on Early access for 6 month will burn out most people and when the official launch comes, we will have our fair share of hours in the game and we might not be willing to play any more. ( i myself have never played an mmorpg for more than 3 months in a row)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Exuberance ().

• Exuberance wrote:

I think that 6 months in EA is a huge risk. People who pay for the packs and actually play the game will be sharing their experience and they will be influencing other people.
      if these people have bad things to say about the EA then the game is doomed. We are all super hyped but we are all extremely worried because we are giving this game a 2nd chance, it's not that it just came to the market and everyone is ready to play it whatsoever.

Also, no wipe off the EA servers means that people who will buy the packs and play the game will get a HUGE lead start from all the other players who will wait for the actual official launch of the game. This might turn people off to a point of actually not even wanting to try the game out at all.

Last but not least, playing the game on Early access for 6 month will burn out most people and when the official launch comes, we will have our fair share of hours in the game and we might not be willing to play any more. ( i myself have never played an mmorpg for more than 3 months in a row)
      Can't say that I mind the game being in EA for 6 months, honestly. People have to realize that the EA title allows the Devs to update the game as much as they want as often as they want.
      If you take FFXIV as a comparison, they can only update once a week, and they have to announce the down time prior to the actual update/maintenance.

Now, I don't think not wiping will give anyone any advantages. Anyone can join the EA, and if people decide to join the game on the actual release, they have nothing to complain about.
      They made the choice not to join the game as soon as it was released in EA, and they will eventually catch up to the people who have.
      That's like saying that the people who have been playing WoW since the release are advantaged compared to new players.
      I mean, it's not wrong, but it's also a pretty dumb statement to make.

And finally, the people that will be burned out after 6 months of EA will also be burned out 6 months after the actual release anyway, so who cares?
      Those are not the players the Devs should focus on.
      They should focus on the players that have an attention span longer than 3 months, actually. No offense.
    • Arekkuusu wrote:

Can't say that I mind the game being in EA for 6 months, honestly. People have to realize that the EA title allows the Devs to update the game as much as they want as often as they want.If you take FFXIV as a comparison, they can only update once a week, and they have to announce the down time prior to the actual update/maintenance.

Now, I don't think not wiping will give anyone any advantages. Anyone can join the EA, and if people decide to join the game on the actual release, they have nothing to complain about.
      They made the choice not to join the game as soon as it was released in EA, and they will eventually catch up to the people who have.
      That's like saying that the people who have been playing WoW since the release are advantaged compared to new players.
      I mean, it's not wrong, but it's also a pretty dumb statement to make.

And finally, the people that will be burned out after 6 months of EA will also be burned out 6 months after the actual release anyway, so who cares?
      Those are not the players the Devs should focus on.
      They should focus on the players that have an attention span longer than 3 months, actually. No offense.
      FFXIV had two betas as well and both were not short by any means. So Neowiz is probably taking a play from Square's books. Now I agree 6 months seems long but it gives them more wiggle room. But it also lets them cop out as EA as a cause for problems rather than solving them. This is where the problem lies.
    • Shaigh wrote:

If you take player money and there is no server reset its a fully launched mmorpg. Its nothing like FF14 beta because characters were reset when the game was launched.
      No, they weren't. I played both 1.0 and 2.0. 1.0 characters carried on into 2.0. As for people that created during the beta? I'm not sure because I played before the game rebooted.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Shaigh wrote:

If you take player money and there is no server reset its a fully launched mmorpg. Its nothing like FF14 beta because characters were reset when the game was launched.
      No, they weren't. I played both 1.0 and 2.0. 1.0 characters carried on into 2.0. As for people that created during the beta? I'm not sure because I played before the game rebooted.
      Well 1.0 was launched game so... Besides 1.0 players could play with those characters in 2.0 only on specific ''legacy'' servers.

For me personally i like that EA wont have wipe because quite frankly i cant be bothered to wait. It will have its fair share of issues sure but after 5 years of waiting i just want to play it already!
    • Namus wrote:

Well 1.0 was launched game so... Besides 1.0 players could play with those characters in 2.0 only on specific ''legacy'' servers.
      For me personally i like that EA wont have wipe because quite frankly i cant be bothered to wait. It will have its fair share of issues sure but after 5 years of waiting i just want to play it already!
      That's what I was talking about. From the most video release, I wouldn't say we have to wait much longer. So hold on a little bit more.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.