Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

pve server?

• there won't be a PvE server but you can buy the "Peace Dove" item which gives you PvP immunity for 10 mins in the General Merchant (5 silver coins) or Cash Shop (15 Lumena)
    • UGH, no PvE Server? and you have to buy something that will only last 10 Minutes?
      Sorry, looks like I won't be playing this - I really really don't like PvP and that's why I'm not even looking at AoC.
      Oh well ... back into the waiting for another mmo (pantheon et all).
    • Luxhoare wrote:

UGH, no PvE Server? and you have to buy something that will only last 10 Minutes?
      Sorry, looks like I won't be playing this - I really really don't like PvP and that's why I'm not even looking at AoC.
      Oh well ... back into the waiting for another mmo (pantheon et all).
      Best of luck finding something more appealing then.
    • Why don't you like pvp though? I don't mean to sound condescending or start an arguement in any way, I just see posts like this quite often on MMO forums nowadays and I'm genuinely curious. Personally I play a game for both PVE/PVP because both are enjoyable to me.
    • I can not speak for Luxhoare, but for myself I can clearly understand why a lot of people hate PvP with a passion.

Scenario: You're having a grand ol' time slaughtering the NPC's without much trouble and carrying on by yourself without any issues whatsoever without anyone around. You're a newbie and you have no idea what's in store but your expectations are high of reaching end game. You are also in an area which is pretty vital to you leveling up and having to go to the next area to finish a quest or find that mob that you need.
      All of a sudden a random player many lvl's above you kills you in one blow. Great... *sarcasm* You try to go back to where you were or squeeze passed the area you were at and this same person see's you. Makes a B-line to you and kills you again. This cycle goes on and on for the next hour (time limit may vary) or until you're pissed enough that you "take a break from the game".
      You come back a few hours later or a few days later only to find a mob of these high level players trolling the area. The chat window is filling up with cries of help from several players to any of your factions higher level players to come give the area some protection. It falls on deaf ears because everyone else is to busy or uncaring of the newbies who just got stuck in a bad situation.

This scenario has happened to me multiple times in multiple games, spanning multiple platforms. It is extremely frustrating when your patience is matched by unrelenting trolls so that they can feel better about themselves because they die to evenly matched and better players.

Years of playing different games with different "problems" and dealing with things in the real world has given myself more patience so i've found other ways to cope. Like playing another game for a little while, or maybe going back to a major city/town, hanging out and waiting to see if you can get some help, or working on the in-game crafting system. There's also the less fun, body runs where you die from said trolls, revive where they kill you, make it as far as you can before you die again and do that until you reach the next safe zone.

Hopefully I didn't muddle it too much and you can understand why a lot of people prefer PvE to PvP. Not all of us have that want for competition against other players. Here recently i've seen a spike in the toxicity of said players because they simply want to win at ANY cost. That's cheating included. Sad to see honestly.

Let me know if I can clear anything up and explain it differently/better.

The post was edited 1 time, last by seadragon121 ().

• Hmm yeah there are trolls in every game I agree. Although I guess for me pvp is not so much about winning. More like even the best PVE content in a game becomes easy once you learn the patterns and with enough gear to steamroll through it, boring. So I look at pvp to provide the challenge monster AI can't.

But yes I agree there are downsides to open world pvp since it's easily exploitable, but imo there's an easy fix for that too. To expand on your higher levels camping low level players all they would have to do is make people unable to attack opponents say 3-5 levels below them, instead of a timed scroll you can easily forget to pop. Or an even better solution that doesn't separate the pve and pvp oriented players on different servers could be to have both high level pve and pvp areas and if one steps into the pvp zone they aknowledge there's the danger of getting killed by enemy players, but even so it was their own choice to enter the zone. I guess in the end it just comes down to lazy design or not thinking things through before implementing them.

Anyway I'm glad you were civil about it, I tried asking that question on the steam forums too, but it didn't end well, so it's nice to see that we can have a productive discussion here.
    • Nothing says you HAVE to participate in PVP. BNS is a good example of a PVP oriented game with plenty of PVE oriented content. I don't think Bless is going to market itself as a PVP game, it has nothing to really gain from the esports community. I think as long as they have some of both they will be fine.
    • Ryxes that is another thing that can be quite frustrating as well. Looking for information on a game. Sometimes it's a simple fix, but a lot of forums, I see a ton of that "Flaming" I think it used to be called, where someone would start to bash on or degrade someone else.

I think these trolls find it easier to speak out their opinion in a negative way due to the lack of communication skills, so instead all you see is pure toxicity and it oozes out of the forums and into the game or from the game onto the forums. I've seen these same negative people take a persons opinion or question and simply turn the entire thing on them, much like the question you asked, simply because they misspelled a word or for no better reason than to be rude. The steam forums can be pretty bad at times. If you've ever read or seen any comments from 9gag.com it's like a text version of League of Legends. Not to bash the game or website, but some places are just known for their toxicity.

I digress, i've somewhat gone off topic here.

There are potentially an infinite number of ways they can go about how to engage PvX (PvP/PvE content for those that don't know what PvX is). I've seen flag systems, the one that you mentioned where you can't attack a certain number of lvls below/above you. There's the item shop that disable PvP play, and there's the reach a certain high lvl before PvP is enabled. I'm sure there is a long list of all the different ways that they can enable/disable PvP content.

To respond to Pentrep's response: I have read plenty of forums/people's opinions about the PvP aspect of a game which vary from negative to positive to just being indifferent. Also I don't mean to argue you're point but they are expressing the game to be PvP oriented as it is the core concept for their end-game such as sieges and RvR warfare while there is a lot of PvE content to be had in the process of you learning the game.

I think I see what they are doing with the PvP canceling item. I think it was mentioned that it lasts for 10 minutes or so, don't quote me please. To me the way the game is set up, it seems like the developers would like you to learn your class via PvE and possibly learn some aspects of PvP? If you think about, 10 minutes is quite a long time. That gives you enough time to run away from an area or through one. Or it could give you a reprieve if you've been heavily PvPing in open world and you wish to take a break. You could step into area ready to do a little bit of PvP, take a chance, learn (hopefully get a kill or are matched to someone near the same level), and then use that PvP canceling item to do what I mentioned above by running off/getting through the area or just to grab a snack.

Again I apologize for the long posts but this one has really got me interested and I want the game to succeed without the over the top toxicity which is plaguing other large games. I want to hear people's opinions in a constructive manner not a destructive one.
    • seadragon121 wrote:

Ryxes that is another thing that can be quite frustrating as well. Looking for information on a game. Sometimes it's a simple fix, but a lot of forums, I see a ton of that "Flaming" I think it used to be called, where someone would start to bash on or degrade someone else.

I think these trolls find it easier to speak out their opinion in a negative way due to the lack of communication skills, so instead all you see is pure toxicity and it oozes out of the forums and into the game or from the game onto the forums. I've seen these same negative people take a persons opinion or question and simply turn the entire thing on them, much like the question you asked, simply because they misspelled a word or for no better reason than to be rude. The steam forums can be pretty bad at times. If you've ever read or seen any comments from 9gag.com it's like a text version of League of Legends. Not to bash the game or website, but some places are just known for their toxicity.

I digress, i've somewhat gone off topic here.

There are potentially an infinite number of ways they can go about how to engage PvX (PvP/PvE content for those that don't know what PvX is). I've seen flag systems, the one that you mentioned where you can't attack a certain number of lvls below/above you. There's the item shop that disable PvP play, and there's the reach a certain high lvl before PvP is enabled. I'm sure there is a long list of all the different ways that they can enable/disable PvP content.

To respond to Pentrep's response: I have read plenty of forums/people's opinions about the PvP aspect of a game which vary from negative to positive to just being indifferent. Also I don't mean to argue you're point but they are expressing the game to be PvP oriented as it is the core concept for their end-game such as sieges and RvR warfare while there is a lot of PvE content to be had in the process of you learning the game.

I think I see what they are doing with the PvP canceling item. I think it was mentioned that it lasts for 10 minutes or so, don't quote me please. To me the way the game is set up, it seems like the developers would like you to learn your class via PvE and possibly learn some aspects of PvP? If you think about, 10 minutes is quite a long time. That gives you enough time to run away from an area or through one. Or it could give you a reprieve if you've been heavily PvPing in open world and you wish to take a break. You could step into area ready to do a little bit of PvP, take a chance, learn (hopefully get a kill or are matched to someone near the same level), and then use that PvP canceling item to do what I mentioned above by running off/getting through the area or just to grab a snack.

Again I apologize for the long posts but this one has really got me interested and I want the game to succeed without the over the top toxicity which is plaguing other large games. I want to hear people's opinions in a constructive manner not a destructive one.
      As far as trolls go, I think it's pretty much unavoidable wherever you go. The internet is full of them and for whatever reason some people just enjoy creating and basking in a toxic environment as a result of their own actions. Chalk it up to their own insecurities. Ultimately it's up to the forum mods to deal with trolls and ban them as they see fit. We just have to hope that whoever the mod is, for whatever the site, that the mods will take care of trolls. But of course many will slip through the cracks as catching every troll is impossible.

The dove is in fact 10 minutes and is hardly game breaking. I for one do not plan to participate in much of the PVP. The implication of the game being more PVP oriented doesn't bother me either as I've seen similar circumstances before. Neowiz just needs to remember that PVP is not for everyone and there has to be some element of progression outside of PVP. They can't just cater to that group as they need to appeal to as many people as possible.
    • This was never about trolls or whatever for me the server rules for pvp are the way they are an its totally fine for a duo to continually gank me as i pick my flowers or whatever because that is the server im on and decided to play on. However i do not want to play on a server like that and i was just hoping maybe they could add a pve server for us carebears ya know? i like me some instanced pvp but not open world... so why not 2 servers.... pvp and pve...

Im only here and making these posts because i like the look of this game and i want it to do well but with no pve server i know of at least 4 customers they are losing and probably many more... if its simply to expensive for them to put up a pve server fair enough and i wish this game luck.
    • I don't believe there will be a PvE Specific Server, but I
      don't know for certain. We may just have to wait & find out.
      However, if they did a PvE Server System, it would be cool
      if they did it like Blade & Soul where you can engage in PvP
      -IF- you were wearing a PvP Flagging Outfit.
      Just my two cents.
      We can all do better & work faster together!
    • KillerCanuck wrote:

This was never about trolls or whatever for me the server rules for pvp are the way they are an its totally fine for a duo to continually gank me as i pick my flowers or whatever because that is the server im on and decided to play on. However i do not want to play on a server like that and i was just hoping maybe they could add a pve server for us carebears ya know? i like me some instanced pvp but not open world... so why not 2 servers.... pvp and pve...

Im only here and making these posts because i like the look of this game and i want it to do well but with no pve server i know of at least 4 customers they are losing and probably many more... if its simply to expensive for them to put up a pve server fair enough and i wish this game luck.
      I think his point was that PVP can attract trolls moreso than PVE can. There are people who will go out of their way to gank people just because it makes them feel better about themselves. We'll have to wait and see if there's a PVE server. I hope there's one as well.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.