Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Does Bless have a faction lockout like Aion does?

• Does Bless have a faction lockout like Aion does?

For people who haven't played Aion let me explain : There are basically two factions when creating a character, once you choose your faction and create your first character on that account, ALL other alts will be of the same faction. Of course you may change faction if you delete all characters on that account then create a new one.

Does Bless have the same thing or does it give the players the freedom to join whatever faction they want with their alts?
    • I see. I was hoping that Bless gave you more freedom.

Also that means there's one more worry to add to the list since Aion was always plagued by the "1 faction is always bigger than the other".

To counter that Aion had disallowed the creation of a character in1 faction in order for people to join the other. Scrolling through the forums, a lot of people stopped playing because of the imbalance between the population of the two. And you can see from Aion's leaderboards that the game still has the problem up to this day.

Ehh, we'll see.
    • DuckyDuck wrote:

I see. I was hoping that Bless gave you more freedom.

Also that means there's one more worry to add to the list since Aion was always plagued by the "1 faction is always bigger than the other".

To counter that Aion had disallowed the creation of a character in1 faction in order for people to join the other. Scrolling through the forums, a lot of people stopped playing because of the imbalance between the population of the two. And you can see from Aion's leaderboards that the game still has the problem up to this day.

Ehh, we'll see.
      Nope and I wouldn't count it changing. It's open world PvP so the faction lockout will likely exist in the West as it does in the East.
    • Yea this is a concern for me. I played aion for about 4 years from launch and this was a problem that never really got fixed, people kept picking the "pretty" looking elyos so the asmodians were always outnumbered especially in large scale battles. so far in the castle sieges I've noticed it too but it's not that bad yet, i'd say 60/40 in favor of union. I'm playing hieron now but I might switch to union at launch if it continues, don't want to fight against the same imbalance like I did in Aion
    • Devliin wrote:

Yea this is a concern for me. I played aion for about 4 years from launch and this was a problem that never really got fixed, people kept picking the "pretty" looking elyos so the asmodians were always outnumbered especially in large scale battles. so far in the castle sieges I've noticed it too but it's not that bad yet, i'd say 60/40 in favor of union. I'm playing hieron now but I might switch to union at launch if it continues, don't want to fight against the same imbalance like I did in Aion
      I think other than lore the only real appeal of either faction are the races. It isn't quite as cosmetic as you make Aion out to be.
    • it's a shame but there will probably be the same imbalance as in aion

The advantage in Bless is that the factions do not have much impact in the game and on the endgame pvp, unlike to the abysses in aion

Castro siege and World Boss are "instance" ... u will always have 100 players in ure faction for BG 100v100 ... the most important thing is coordination, guild leadership and pvp oriented guilds

There isn't real endgame pvp in Bless and mostly faction pvp are limited instances

The other "endgame pvp" is GvG (capital siege) but there isn't reward
      If they add pvp gear with realm points like on others old build, it will be fun
      For the moment, kingdom are near useless
    • I don't think it's about 'pretty' races. It's about the frail egos of gamers today that can't really suffer through losing anything. They will try to create an imbalance from the start or when they join in later and they see an imbalance they will increase it, joining the side that already has too many players.
      After a few victories in 5 vs. 1, you'll find them in the forums talking about their skill.

But you're right, such behavior should be factored in and Bless' system screams for being misused.
    • Well I'm going to be playing Hieron as I want to play Sylvan Elf. But I would still be interested to know which side people think will have the biggest population.
      Dark or Light, Good or Bad its all a matter of perspective. :saint: - Muriele Lightflicker :evil:
    • Estekiwi wrote:

it's a shame but there will probably be the same imbalance as in aion

The advantage in Bless is that the factions do not have much impact in the game and on the endgame pvp, unlike to the abysses in aion

Castro siege and World Boss are "instance" ... u will always have 100 players in ure faction for BG 100v100 ... the most important thing is coordination, guild leadership and pvp oriented guilds

There isn't real endgame pvp in Bless and mostly faction pvp are limited instances

The other "endgame pvp" is GvG (capital siege) but there isn't reward
      If they add pvp gear with realm points like on others old build, it will be fun
      For the moment, kingdom are near useless
      It's possible. They could do something similar to BNS and facilitate faction bonuses in order to even out factions. It's a short term fix that eventually led to the evening out of Crimson and Cerulean.
    • I will be playing Hieron for two reasons: first Friends from my current guild have chosen that faction and I want to play with them; and second I want to play a Lupis Mystic, and Pantera cannot play as a Mystic.

The main differences amount to lore and starting areas and gear appearance. And since the RvR is instanced I doubt it will matter if one faction is more popular in PvP. It might even be beneficial to be on the 'less popular' faction when setting up Raids. Where fewer players means fewer players to qualify... so on and so forth. And Initially I would think it will be better to not have 20 players competing for each quest mob. Though that will be less of an issue as time goes on.
    • Cannyone wrote:

I will be playing Hieron for two reasons: first Friends from my current guild have chosen that faction and I want to play with them; and second I want to play a Lupis Mystic, and Pantera cannot play as a Mystic.

The main differences amount to lore and starting areas and gear appearance. And since the RvR is instanced I doubt it will matter if one faction is more popular in PvP. It might even be beneficial to be on the 'less popular' faction when setting up Raids. Where fewer players means fewer players to qualify... so on and so forth. And Initially I would think it will be better to not have 20 players competing for each quest mob. Though that will be less of an issue as time goes on.
      I don't think gear differentiates between the factions just yet. Outside of PVP armor, I wouldn't expect too much faction based differences in armor. Even in long established games like WoW the faction based armor isn't all that appealing. So I wouldn't expect it to be fantastic. Now class specific armor? That is something they could certainly improve upon.