Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

It's sad and worrisome...

• It's sad and worrisome...

The forums are dead. Here, on Steam, on Reddit, and even Discord is not that active.
      Yet, there's nothing done to help with that.
      A couple of useless ''trivia'' posts on Facebook and Twitter, a couple of screen shots or paintings, a ''roadmap'' that never got followed-up...
      Doesn't help to keep the hype up.

It's worrisome to see that the Devs don't seem to care. They're not active.

I mean no offense to Cheshire on Steam, but he/she's not very active either. He/She replies to what he/she feels like replying, and it's always the same answer;
      ''I can't say'', ''It hasn't been decided yet'', ''There's no information on this'', ...

We need more. We need concrete information. We need videos showcasing what's being worked on. We need videos with new gameplay, with news, with whatever.

FFXIV does it very well.
      WoW does it very well.
      AoC does it very well.
      They should take from them what they can, so that their game has a chance to be at least 25% as good or successful as theirs.

I hope for the best, but the hype is dying down, and I'm not talking about me (before someone comes in telling me to leave if my hype's dead).

Am I alone in finding this to be aggravating?
    • WoW has been around for more than a decade.
      FFXIV has launched, failed, relaunched and is now going straight for 5 years.
      AoC is....well I have no idea. Not my cup of tea.

My point is that you are not patient, it hasn't been a year since they said they will release it themselves as Neowiz in EU and NA. Yes the game is out in other regions and yeah not a ton of people know about it right now.

But why would the devs keep "wasting" their time and money on rebuilding their game if they didn't care about it?

You know optimizing, game developing, programming, designing are not easy or fast. They are doing all that, they are rebuilding the game, just like FFXIV Reborn was rebuilt. FFXIV took 3 years to be rebuilt.

You brought up FFXIV. A Realm Reborn took 3 years, well Bless Rebuild was announced in July.

So just calm your tits and wait for it. The developers didn't do anything to be hated, they haven't even released the Early Access which is basically closed/open beta.

You say you want information and videos. I'd prefer if their budget went into working the game's engine rather than in marketing it before it's even close to release.

In the end, if you don't want to play the game or if you just can't wait for it to come out then just play something else or do something else in your spare time. For crying out loud it's not like Bless is the only game out there and It's definitely not like the company is trying to make everyone happy, because they can't.

Voicing your opinion is cool and, like you, a lot of people are tired of waiting for this game to come out, but most people who are waiting for the game to come out are doing something else in the meantime.
    • No need to get snappy. ;)

I stated my opinion on the matter.
      They need better marketing for the game. That's a fact. Games need to be marketed while they're in production, not after.

Look at any game created, ever, for examples.

WoW has indeed been here for a very long time. It was also advertised when they first announced it. Every single patch, expansion or whatever are advertised ahead of time to create hype for them.
      FFXIV did indeed fail when it was first released... And was redone from scratch, hence the three years delay. This is not the case with Bless.
      Oh, and guess what, there was advertisement for both FFXIV and A Realm Reborn. Before they were released.
      Weird concept, huh? Create hype for the game before it releases?
      Yeah.
      AoC might not be your cup of tea, and that's okay it's not mine either, but they are doing an amazing job at marketing their game. They're not even in Alpha yet and we know more about what's coming in AoC than we know about Bless, a game already out.

They are rebuilding mechanics from the game, not the entire game. They're not changing the graphics, they're not changing the look of the spells or the skills, they're changing how they are used and how the players interact with them.
      A rebuild doesn't take as much time as a redo.
      I mean come on, the game was announced in 2011 for crying out loud.

I will not calm my tits, as they are already calm and I have none TO calm.
      I'm not hating on the Devs, I'm hating on their marketing failures.

Saying that you want their budget to go to the game is kind of... dumb. No offense meant. I just mean that, like in every company in the world, budgets are separated in multiple areas. Rent, pay checks, marketing, etc.
      It's not just one big money pile people grab their money from when they need it.

And of course we come to the ''if you're not happy get the fuck out'' part of your reply...
      I have a life. A boyfriend. Friends. Consoles. Games. I'm waiting for Bless because I feel like it's what I've been waiting for in terms of MMORPG material.
      That doesn't mean that I will agree with everything that's being done for it, and that I'm not doing anything at home until it comes out.
      I'm doing something else while I wait.
      Not sure what would make you think I'm not. Not sure what makes anyone think people being passionate about anything makes them only do that one thing, but yeah, here we are.

Thanks for your reply.
    • I agree that we need what you say we need and that the small trivia questions on Facebook that only those who have played can actually answer do very little for the game. They should be showcasing previews, screenshots of what to expect in Bless Global, especially changes to game as we get close to beta. Atm they seem to have nothing they can show yet, so they are working with old original Bless art as their means of "staying in touch" with the community. It's understandable if there is not a lot they can show for now, however, it would not hurt them to give some updates on what we can expect. Personally I would rather have actual updates, like.. how close are we to a beta? what is the expected level cap? how far do they think the dungeons will be, 45, 50? I prefer communication to old fancy art. However, I think they will start giving useful information soon.

Bless KR Rebuild Project Download Guide

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nocht: addition ().

• Arekkuusu wrote:

I understand where you are coming from but the Devs are not handling the marketing. You seem to think that with what you said.

First of all you compared bless to other MMORPGS.

WoW's budget is....well let's just say uncomparable to Bless's. What I mean by that is there are more people working for the game. That means more people working in Marketing. They even have their own convention! I have no idea how you can compare these two games in terms of budget sizes or marketing.

FFXIV's condition is kinda the same, more budget and an already successful game. Marketing for new events or expansions is much easier than marketing the game into unknown territory.

A company's funding doesn't work like that. The company isn't Bless. It's NEOWIZ, in Korea they have published 41 games and have their own gaming portal. They allocate resources accordingly to what the CEO and the board say.

Now there is another grey line in for Bless. As an already released mmorpg in other regions, NEOWIZ doesn't think they should market the game a lot since anyone who wants to find out about the game can already see gameplay and videos of it, TONS of them. You can literally even play the game, just in another region.

I do agree with you that the Marketing team is fairly small and that they aren't doing what other Marketing teams do. But have you thought that it's not in their "power" to just announce the release date? You said you wanted more stuff. They give out weekly "updates" they have two trailers. pictures describing the game's landscapes and areas, a roadmap, an article about Bless's Dungeons. They are saying that they are alive and working on the game and you STILL want more.

Like what? You are here because you are hyped about Bless. That is why you searched for it in the first place and that's why you can't wait to play it.

I just don't understand what you want from them. Like more trailers? More gameplay videos? Less pictures? Less written text?

They don't even have an approximate release date why would they start hyping the game up like 3 months before its release or something like that.

Don't compare Bless to WoW, for pete's sake. WoW has started pre-orders MONTHS before the release. The games are just uncomparable.
    • I speak only for myself:
      I've played Bless in RU, rebuild and a little bit in jp servers. I've seen this game failing in Kr and Ru and have no idea how it goes in JP (It's too soon to know anyway).
      Now in Steam I've seen a few weeks ago practically the same post they made many months ago when they started rebuild server... In facebook there are only posts of the same gameplay twice per year since bless Kr time and some silly trivia.
      So I'm also tired of the waiting and the lack of good information.
      Despite that I love the game and will wait but I'd prefer to know what "coming soon" means (not like the "coming soon" in Aeria games for example).

Also, as I have others thing to do with my spare time, and other games such as A:IR, etc are coming in 2019, if bless keeps delaying, posting the same stuff over and over, can not understand what soon means, are not capable of explaining their plans, and the other games don't fail in this things, probably I'll just wait a little bit more and change to one of this games that seem to be more serious. And as I think that maybe other people besides me will think the same ,so is a thing to be worry about if we want this game to be successful.
    • I'll just assume you haven't read my reply, as it doesn't seem like you did.

Nowhere am I asking for a release date or release information, so I'm not even sure why you brought that up.

When I talk about the Devs, I mean the company as a whole. I don't care what their previous accomplishments or failures were, we're talking about Bless right now. The fact is, the game has been released in three different markets, failed in one and is struggling in one of the two remaining.
      The Western/EU release. Is. Their. Last. Chance.

You also seem to think that it's okay to wait until a game is released before marketing it.
      You're wrong. Games need advertisement. They need hype to succeed.
      If Bless is not hyped, it won't succeed.

The comparisons I was making to other games like WoW or FFXIV were in terms of marketing the games.
      They announced what was coming. They announced what would change. They announced something.
      I do not care about the size of their budget, they still have a cut that goes to marketing, whatever you might think or say.

Right now, we're getting stuff from when they first announced the game.
      ''Look at those pretty paintings we based the design of our game off of 7 years ago! Aww, isn't it nice?''
      Those would work if this was their first release of the game ever.
      It's not.

We have access to more information about the game on this fan made website than on their own website.
      That's not normal for a released game being reworked.

They can't expect people to be hyped about a 7 year old game if all they do is show us information about classes most people already know.

We don't need them to repeat information.
      We need more. New information.

What I want from them is simple; information about what's coming. Videos showcasing what's being worked on. I want to SEE what they've been doing. What they've done.

I don't think I'm asking or too much.

The Roadmap was a joke. What they told us we all already knew.

Oh, and...

DuckyDuck wrote:

They don't even have an approximate release date why would they start hyping the game up like 3 months before its release or something like that.

Don't compare Bless to WoW, for pete's sake. WoW has started pre-orders MONTHS before the release. The games are just uncomparable.
      You contradicted yourself there.
      They WANT to hype up the game WAY before 3 months prior to release. COME ON. The opposite is completely illogical on a business stand point.
      That's exactly what WoW did and does, and that's one of the reasons they're so successful. They advertise and they get pre-orders and they hype their expansions up WAY before they get released.

When did they announce the new expansion again? Oh, right, months ago.
      Was it released yet? No.
      Are people excited for it?
      Hell to the fucking yes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Arekkuusu ().

• But you already know what is being worked on, anyone who read the roadmap knows. Combat, UI, Dungeons, Progression, Skill Balance etc

So basically you only want videos to SEE what they have been doing, I see.

Nocht's channel is a good place for the kind of content you might want here's one of his cool videos on Bless and what to expect :

I'm fine with weekly updates of any kind, I personally feel okay knowing that they are still working on it and they haven't given up like the Aeria times where no updates where shown.

And again anyone who can google can find out about the game, the information is all out there. They showcased what the Rebuild looks like in other videos. It's basically the Roadmap in video form like you want it.

Plus you seem to think that every game that is created by a major company has crazy amounts of marketing. I'll just bring up Cyberpunk 2077 (The next game by CD PROJEKT RED, creators of the Witcher franchise and specifically Witcher 3 one of the best selling pc games of all time) which has 1 teaser trailer from 2013. Nothing else except one more tweet from January 10th this year which kinda brought they hype up again.
    • Arekkuusu wrote:

DuckyDuck wrote:

You contradicted yourself there.They WANT to hype up the game WAY before 3 months prior to release. COME ON. The opposite is completely illogical on a business stand point.
      That's exactly what WoW did and does, and that's one of the reasons they're so successful. They advertise and they get pre-orders and they hype their expansions up WAY before they get released.

Was it released yet? No.
      Hell to the fucking yes.
      That is exactly why I brought up WoW, I brought that exact example up so you would understand the difference between a multi-billion dollar company like Blizzard and NEOWIZ.

Blizzard has 9600 employees and NEOWIZ has 470.

And you still think comparing the marketing of those two games is a great idea.

WOW.
    • Ya, I don't think they've long-term plans.

I'm not in the business, so I don't really know how these things are planned or spoken of. I can imagine no matter the advertising, if you have this kind of game up and running for six months, with a certain kind of cash shop, you can expect x% of production cost being hauled back in. Maybe at this point it's nothing more than that. Damage control to a degree that doesn't need advertisement - on the contrary, this would be additional expenses.

The info about the steam release should have been the starting shot. It's so easy today. I mean the developer Q&A that WoW does, couldn't be more low tech. It's two dudes in casual clothes, two mic's and a web cam.

I think this game has a long term chance when it concentrates on party play. We've a myriad of 1:1 ego pvp games out there and the crowd BLESS attracts at the moment are pvp dudes that only care about being viable in 1:1. This crowd will snack this game for maybe 6 month and then it will be gone. And maybe it doesn't want to be more than that.
    • I just checked, and the News post that got the most likes on their Steam page got 276.
      That is not enough for any game, ever.

DuckyDuck wrote:

Plus you seem to think that every game that is created by a major company has crazy amounts of marketing. I'll just bring up Cyberpunk 2077 (The next game by CD PROJEKT RED, creators of the Witcher franchise and specifically Witcher 3 one of the best selling pc games of all time) which has 1 teaser trailer from 2013. Nothing else except one more tweet from January 10th this year which kinda brought they hype up again.
      CD Projekt Red are well known and very successful following the Witcher franchise.
      They are very much aware of how much traction a simple tweet will bring them, as people know what to expect from them and are eagerly awaiting their new game.

Bless is not so lucky. They don't have fans waiting for them like CD Projekt does.
    • DuckyDuck wrote:

But you already know what is being worked on, anyone who read the roadmap knows. Combat, UI, Dungeons, Progression, Skill Balance etc

So basically you only want videos to SEE what they have been doing, I see.

Nocht's channel is a good place for the kind of content you might want here's one of his cool videos on Bless and what to expect :
      [...]

I'm fine with weekly updates of any kind, I personally feel okay knowing that they are still working on it and they haven't given up like the Aeria times where no updates where shown.

And again anyone who can google can find out about the game, the information is all out there. They showcased what the Rebuild looks like in other videos. It's basically the Roadmap in video form like you want it.
      Showing us stuff from when the game was first announced is hardly news.
      They can and they should do better.

Good for you if what they're offering right now is good enough for you.
      It isn't for most people.

DuckyDuck wrote:

Arekkuusu wrote:

DuckyDuck wrote:

You contradicted yourself there.They WANT to hype up the game WAY before 3 months prior to release. COME ON. The opposite is completely illogical on a business stand point.That's exactly what WoW did and does, and that's one of the reasons they're so successful. They advertise and they get pre-orders and they hype their expansions up WAY before they get released.

Was it released yet? No.
      Hell to the fucking yes.
      That is exactly why I brought up WoW, I brought that exact example up so you would understand the difference between a multi-billion dollar company like Blizzard and NEOWIZ.
      Blizzard has 9600 employees and NEOWIZ has 470.

And you still think comparing the marketing of those two games is a great idea.

WOW.
      Yes. I still think that it's a good idea.

God, dude, you seem to think Blizzard just started out as the monster it now is.
      They took chances, they advertised their games, they made them known before they released them, they created hype for them.
      Before they were as big as they are now, they were small, and they still fucking advertised, because that's what you do when you want your new product to be known.

That's simple business.

If you keep to yourself and don't try to get your product known, you won't sell and you'll fail.
      Whatever your budget or team size.
      That. Is. A. Fact.
    • Arekkuusu wrote:

The forums are dead. Here, on Steam, on Reddit, and even Discord is not that active.
      Yet, there's nothing done to help with that.
      A couple of useless ''trivia'' posts on Facebook and Twitter, a couple of screen shots or paintings, a ''roadmap'' that never got followed-up...
      Doesn't help to keep the hype up.

I mean no offense to Cheshire on Steam, but he/she's not very active either. He/She replies to what he/she feels like replying, and it's always the same answer;
      ''I can't say'', ''It hasn't been decided yet'', ''There's no information on this'', ...

We need more. We need concrete information. We need videos showcasing what's being worked on. We need videos with new gameplay, with news, with whatever.

FFXIV does it very well.
      WoW does it very well.
      AoC does it very well.
      They should take from them what they can, so that their game has a chance to be at least 25% as good or successful as theirs.

I hope for the best, but the hype is dying down, and I'm not talking about me (before someone comes in telling me to leave if my hype's dead).

Am I alone in finding this to be aggravating?
      I'm sure that the devs/support are under a strict NDA agreement until the game at least gets to EA. Even then they will only be freed up so much. Furthermore the people on Discord aren't really obligated to answer anything as we haven't really got a product to support. The community playing JP knows they are more focused on the JP player base right now and that's fine as far as I'm concerned.

As far as providing information goes. Right now they are doing leagues better than what they were in the past. While the western sites haven't been updated, the JP site has and this is promising. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening. Remember you can't compare this game to WoW or FFXIV as those games have multi-billion dollar companies behind them. Neowiz isn't even in the same league as Square or Blizzard. I'm not sure about Funcom, though.
    • EXACTLY, same goes for WoW. WoW is like CD PROJEKT'S RED new game, it will always have a following no matter what the marketing.

That is why you can't compare them.

Now I'll just call it a day because I feel like not even you know what you want in the end.

Apparently you want Bless to attract more people because you are afraid it might die on launch. Reasonable and very likely let's be honest.

But worrying about it or being sad about it in forums not only won't attract new fans to the game you want to play, It will shove people away from it.

Also when looking at social media and anything for an approximate of the game's "hype" or attention from likes or upvotes is not right.

The data is pretty bad since it doesn't account for total Views and even dislikes.

So just don't worry and don't be sad like you said in the title. If you are passionate about the game just make due with what info there is out there and play it yourself on launch.

What you should worry about isn't marketing or advertising. You can advertise the game all you like, even advertise it on buses and squares like WoW. If the game is not READY for launch, then it will crash and burn along with its marketing.
    • Pentrep wrote:

I'm sure that the devs/support are under a strict NDA agreement until the game at least gets to EA. Even then they will only be freed up so much. Furthermore the people on Discord aren't really obligated to answer anything as we haven't really got a product to support. The community playing JP knows they are more focused on the JP player base right now and that's fine as far as I'm concerned.

As far as providing information goes. Right now they are doing leagues better than what they were in the past. While the western sites haven't been updated, the JP site has and this is promising. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening. Remember you can't compare this game to WoW or FFXIV as those games have multi-billion dollar companies behind them. Neowiz isn't even in the same league as Square or Blizzard. I'm not sure about Funcom, though.
      Of course they're under an agreement of some sort. That's not what I - we - are talking about.

It's all well and good that they're keeping the JP website up to date, but the Western/EU markets are their last chance at redemption.
      If they can't take care of both of those at the same time, it doesn't bode well for the future of the game.

Not sure why you all seem to think that because they don't have the same funds as Blizzard or Square they can't have a budget set aside for marketing.
      That baffles me.
      They don't have the same advertisement budget, we agree on that, but they still have one. They're doing a bad job as using it. That's what we're saying.

So, because they don't have the same fan base as Blizzard, Square or CD Projekt do, they should simply give up and hope for the best and give us whatever scraps of information they gave us months/years ago when they were first releasing the game?
      That's a stupid way of thinking.

DuckyDuck, I don't see a point in replying to what you said. You closed the conversation off on your end, so that's that.
      Think what you will.
    • WoW and FFXIV both have massive companies to back their title.

When FFXIV tanked and lost many of their player base.
      Sony made a drastic decision to fire a bunch of people and start from scratch.
      Not only did they have the manpower to rebuild a game into the success it is now.
      They also have Billions of dollars, which means they can afford tons of marketing, Merchandise, fully staffed website etc...

Neowiz doesn't have the budget any of the other games listed above nor the manpower.

The fact they are attempting to bring this game back with a new twist and reworked system within a one year stretch is impressive.
      Shows they are passanite enough to make this gamble, because this isn't a cheap move. we are talking Millions and Millions.
      They have one successful F2P title on the market. which isn't even an MMO

If this games fails they will be out a lot.

I will stay positive and patient. This games doesn't have a cult following like any of the other games above.
      Lets just see what they can do and not judge until the game is released.
    • Arekkuusu wrote:

Of course they're under an agreement of some sort. That's not what I - we - are talking about.
      It's all well and good that they're keeping the JP website up to date, but the Western/EU markets are their last chance at redemption.
      If they can't take care of both of those at the same time, it doesn't bode well for the future of the game.

Not sure why you all seem to think that because they don't have the same funds as Blizzard or Square they can't have a budget set aside for marketing.
      That baffles me.
      They don't have the same advertisement budget, we agree on that, but they still have one. They're doing a bad job as using it. That's what we're saying.

So, because they don't have the same fan base as Blizzard, Square or CD Projekt do, they should simply give up and hope for the best and give us whatever scraps of information they gave us months/years ago when they were first releasing the game?
      That's a stupid way of thinking.

DuckyDuck, I don't see a point in replying to what you said. You closed the conversation off on your end, so that's that.
      Think what you will.
      Your kidding right? You really think Neowiz has the same budget as Square or Blizzard? Your not talking small companies here... Blizzard and Square both have multiple successful IP's that are well established in the past. Bless won't come even close to touching FFXI, FFXIV, let alone WoW for ages, if at all. Square has more history in the MMO market but Blizzard has more success. Just look at the number of expansions and longevity of both of the companies games. Sure square had some issues with FFXIV but they pulled it out of the fire because they had a scapegoat to back it up in FFXI. Neowiz doesn't have those kinds of resources.

IMHO, it's better that Neowiz focuses on one market right now. They tried the multiple market approach previously with RU and it didn't work. Nowhere did I say that they should give up. I'm just saying your expecting a lot when they very recently transitioned to handling the game on their own. We're slowly getting updates and you can expect more. Just don't expect the same volume of information that JP is getting. Keep in mind that KR has essentially been kept in the dark. Imagine how those players feel.
    • I'm a little bit surprised about how even longstanding members of this forum seem to skip half of what's been written and in your case argue as if the opposite was said.

Arekkuusu wrote:

They don't have the same advertisement budget, we agree on that

Pentrep wrote:

You really think Neowiz has the same budget as Square or Blizzard?

Arekkuusu wrote the DIRECT OPPOSITE of what you assume, blatantly so. It makes conversation really difficult if someone says 'Yes' and the other answer 'What? Why are you saying no?'.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Your kidding right? You really think Neowiz has the same budget as Square or Blizzard? Your not talking small companies here... Blizzard and Square both have multiple successful IP's that are well established in the past. Bless won't come even close to touching FFXI, FFXIV, let alone WoW for ages, if at all. Square has more history in the MMO market but Blizzard has more success. Just look at the number of expansions and longevity of both of the companies games. Sure square had some issues with FFXIV but they pulled it out of the fire because they had a scapegoat to back it up in FFXI. Neowiz doesn't have those kinds of resources.
      Exactly

Meruru wrote:

I'm a little bit surprised about how even longstanding members of this forum seem to skip half of what's been written and in your case argue as if the opposite was said.

Arekkuusu wrote:

They don't have the same advertisement budget, we agree on that

Pentrep wrote:

You really think Neowiz has the same budget as Square or Blizzard?
      Arekkuusu wrote the DIRECT OPPOSITE of what you assume, blatantly so. It makes conversation really difficult if someone says 'Yes' and the other answer 'What? Why are you saying no?'.
      I think Pentrep is trying to explain the vast differences between Neowiz and the giants they are being compared with too Arekkuusu.

Because Pentrep is right.
      As of right now Neowiz doesn't even have a 10th of what Blizzard or Square have for budget, and honestly never will.
      Doesn't mean this game is going to fail or be terrible.
      Just means Neowiz needs to prioritize their finances, and to be honest, I would rather they spend every dime of it in game development.
      No amount of fan Hype or Commercials will lead this game to a success.

There have been many games in the past that were smaller than Neowiz creating a game with little to no advertising and Zero hype behind it and ended up being a massive success.

RuneScape
      Adventure Quest
      EverQuest

Just to name a few and they became massively successful.
      They didn't need marketing to spread the word, Just a good game.

Just a side note.. Neowiz have been marketing a little.
      Releasing Demo trailers, Artwork, the English trailer, and not to mention they are on EVERY top new MMORPGS to play on youtube.
      This is actually a great time for Neowiz to release a new MMORPG. There are a lot of hyped and crowdfunded games coming out within the next 2 years. The west is in a need for a new/Good MMORPG to play.. we are hungry for it.
      If they wait too long they will be overshadowed by a few of these titles.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.