Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Your fears?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This scares me, honestly. (See attached)

Especially considering that this is on the Steam store page.

Bless Online wrote:

• Choose your story
      Each of the 7 races you choose from will present you with a unique character story. 7 classes with different skills and combat style will provide you with just the right type of hero for your play style. With the best-of-class character creation system, you can make the character exactly as you envisioned.

I pride myself in thinking I can count to seven, and there are seven classes if you exclude the Warlock that was never released. Sooo... What is he/she saying?
      Images
      • Steamforum.png

118.07 kB, 651×639, viewed 62 times
    • Arekkuusu wrote:

This scares me, honestly. (See attached)

Bless Online wrote:

• Choose your story
      Each of the 7 races you choose from will present you with a unique character story. 7 classes with different skills and combat style will provide you with just the right type of hero for your play style. With the best-of-class character creation system, you can make the character exactly as you envisioned.
      I pride myself in thinking I can count to seven, and there are seven classes if you exclude the Warlock that was never released. Sooo... What is he/she saying?
      Don't undertand which part scares you, that we will have to wait for warlock release? They are counting Mystic (not warlock), warlock is the number 8 class

The post was edited 3 times, last by Sarcastic ().

• Sarcastic wrote:

Arekkuusu wrote:

This scares me, honestly. (See attached)

Bless Online wrote:

• Choose your story
      Don't undertand which part scares you, that we will have to wait for warlock release? They are counting Mystic (not warlock), warlock is the number 8 class
      I'll quote it directly from Steam. Might be clearer that way.

The person on Steam asked the following;

Kitah wrote:

3. Will everything present on this webpage actually be available at launch in the Western region (the classes and races shown, for example?)

Bless' community manager on Steam replied with the following;

Bless_Cheshire wrote:

3 - The races will be (I see three races on each faction, plus the Mascu) but I am not sure/cannot say yet about the classes, as that info hasn't been announced yet.

Hence my fear.
      They talk about 7 classes on the store page on Steam, but when asked about it they can't confirm anything.

I know the Warlock is the 8th class. I know it won't be included in the release.
    • Invaerne wrote:

I don't want to wait as well, but knowing how immature the MMO community is, I wouldn't mind waiting as long as they deliver a well optimize game.
      Otherwise the immature MMO community will keep on hating, posting ridiculous comments all over the place (there are tons of them already on Bless steam page) and make the release a rather shattering experience for everyone.

That's the reason why I think it would be rather better for them to push the release date and focus on polishing the game.
      Yeah, I saw that on the steam page and was surprised at first. Then I thought about it and wasn't as surprised. Hopefully all the negative comments/press, whatever you want to call it, won't impact the community so much.
    • Mallyka wrote:

Un peut trop facile de taper sur les bas lvl !!!! Après tu aura toujours des soit disent bon joueurs de pvp qui iront juste farmer les bas lvl (--que je ne cautionne pas )
      Il n'y a actuellement aucun avantage à tuer les joueurs de bas niveau pour les joueurs de niveau supérieur. Donc, à moins de le faire à la traîne, c'est inutile.
    • They said coming soon 2018 since June of 2017 and then release a road map at the end of the first month of 2018 that doesn't say anything about progress... Everyone says there is hardly any open world pvp and everyone just sits in town end game for dungeons. This game died in Korea and Russia for a reason. Sadly gonna have to look else where for a good game. Once this releases it will do the exact same thing Rider of Icarus did. Get super hyped for a few months and die almost instantly.
    • Games this far have been able to disappoint me in ways I never have foreseen.

I'm trying Black Desert to pass the time at the moment. Spots worthy of farming them are tightly packed and the aggro system is of a nature that there is little down time without being attacked from somewhere.
      This makes looting annoying, which I think is by design because they sell pets for 11 Euro which can do the looting for you. “Sadly” a pet only loots once every 5 seconds (and you're much much faster). “Luckily” you're supposed to have 5 pets - which is 55 Euro.

It would have never crossed my mind, game designers could have the audacity to make 'being able to loot in a manner appropriate to the game' such an impudent cash-grab. It's manageable without but you can kiss grind groups good bye if you don't want to stay behind all the time and you can subtract probably about 20 minutes from your daily hour of somewhat alright xp.

I think this is just disgusting and before playing it, I wouldn't have been able to come up with something like that.

I hope the community won't be toxic. I hope the trinity of tank, healer and dd and the difficulty of the game is sufficient to bind the players together. A multitude of little things in games can change the perspective one has towards a fellow player.

Invaerne wrote:

I wouldn't mind waiting as long as they deliver a well optimize game.
      Although I don't mind the wait, the title was announced in 2011. They're working on it for at least 7 years, had the game up and running multiple times - by now they should be abe to predict how much time which changes take and have a time line, don't you think?

• Meruru wrote:

Although I don't mind the wait, the title was announced in 2011. They're working on it for at least 7 years, had the game up and running multiple times - by now they should be abe to predict how much time which changes take and have a time line, don't you think?

Are you doubting that they have a timeline?

Releasing a timeline (or a release date) to the public is always a PR choice and Bless already had multiple difficulties with PR in the past.

You cannot expect a project with such experience to go YOLO with a PR strategy at this stage.

Of course they could risk and release the date, but then what would they do if for any reasons they fail to achieve their goals and deadlines?

Game developement is a hard process, especially financially and there are a lot of investors who put their money into financing the game and they expect to gain a profit out of it.

The risk is high and the fact that keep more control over what their publicity campaign is a smart choice - for the project, for financiers and for the community.

I rather prefer for them to publish the release information when they feel fully ready for it, then to make the same mistakes and announce public betas, releasing dates and other crap while being completly nowhere with achieving their deadlines.
    • Invaerne wrote:

Meruru wrote:

Are you doubting that they have a timeline?

Releasing a timeline (or a release date) to the public is always a PR choice and Bless already had multiple difficulties with PR in the past.

You cannot expect a project with such experience to go YOLO with a PR strategy at this stage.

Of course they could risk and release the date, but then what would they do if for any reasons they fail to achieve their goals and deadlines?

Game developement is a hard process, especially financially and there are a lot of investors who put their money into financing the game and they expect to gain a profit out of it.

The risk is high and the fact that keep more control over what their publicity campaign is a smart choice - for the project, for financiers and for the community.

I rather prefer for them to publish the release information when they feel fully ready for it, then to make the same mistakes and announce public betas, releasing dates and other crap while being completly nowhere with achieving their deadlines.
      Look at it this way. The core game is for the most part done. I don't see them really adding any new content while they fix the problems they say fit. I don't think they really have a due date. The last time they tried to push this game out in advance, it went horribly. So I think they are going to go much slower this time. JP seems to be going much better for them, so that's positive at least. But unfortunately it could potentially end up to be a holiday release with maybe a summer EA. But who knows, it's all speculation.
    • Invaerne wrote:

Releasing a timeline ...
      What you write makes sense to me, if their game is in alpha state and their first title ever.

I read the “[Dev Talk] 2018 Developmental Roadmap” and it says “Our new Game Director...”. What? New? They changed the Game Director at this point? And it goes on saying: “Our new Game Director knows Bless better than anyone else! Jae-hoon … “ Really?! The new one knows the game better than the old one? Sounds like an empty hyperbole to me … and it makes me afraid.

At this point I would like to see ingame footage in the Dev Talk showcasing what they're working on. They paid freakin Hans Zimmer for the soundtrack; they should have community managers for Europe up and running.

Also “afraid” maybe is too strong a word for me in this context. It makes me raise a brow. I will play it when it comes out and hope I'll have a great time. If I don't like it, at least I'll have a very informed opinion. :D
    • 1. It is not about the alpha stage or the first title. It is about Bless failing to be delivered before, damaging the game's reputation.

This is their last shot, and they are aiming for their biggest market NA & EU. If they fail this time, it's over and all the effort they are trying to put in into generating hype around the title will be just one big waste of time and finance.

Imagine them saying : Oh, Bless will be released in March - and then failing AGAIN to keep up to theor promise. What do you think the result would of be? It is better for them to keep quiet whether we like or not.

2. What they said about the new Game Director is bullshit but we need to hope that this man has the right set of skills for the game. It happens all the time in the creative industry and the last one has already lead Bless to a bad position. Let's just hope that the new Game Director will know how to get the project out of the hole instead of digging deeper into it.

3. Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I remember Hans Zimmer has only composed one track?
    • Invaerne wrote:

1. It is not about the alpha stage or the first title. It is about Bless failing to be delivered before, damaging the game's reputation.
      This is their last shot, and they are aiming for their biggest market NA & EU. If they fail this time, it's over and all the effort they are trying to put in into generating hype around the title will be just one big waste of time and finance.

Imagine them saying : Oh, Bless will be released in March - and then failing AGAIN to keep up to theor promise. What do you think the result would of be? It is better for them to keep quiet whether we like or not.
      Maybe... but I just remember the "COMING SOON" label in Aeria games page and the waiting and waiting and waiting and then... nothing.
      Now we have, since 2017 and for many months, the "COMING SOON" label in steam page, so I think that the lack of information and the delay also hurts the game's reputation.
      They need to work fast and good once and for all, with a good communication, telling us what they are doing (not a copy paste of almost the same post they gave us for rebuild project) and find a good balance between not delaying too much the game but with enough content.
    • I'm inclined to say if you can't communicate a timeline by now and keep it you should fail. But I don't work in the business, so it's very possible I'm way too harsh.

I don't see them in a hole. It's probably my naiveté because not going with aeria games gives them an underdog vibe in my world and I'm really rooting for them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Meruru ().

• Meruru wrote:

I'm inclined to say if you can't communicate a timeline by now and keep it you should fail. But I don't work in the business, so it's very possible I'm way too harsh.

I don't see them in a hole. It's probably my naiveté because not going with aeria games gives them an underdog vibe in my world and I'm really rooting for them.
      With the reputation Aeria game has in the West, the decision to move away from Aeria was a positive. Voluntary or not it's going to benefit them in the long run.