Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Non Steam Version of Bless Online

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Non Steam Version of Bless Online

Greetings all again been a long time since i made a post while following bless. But only one question i have left in my head while i wait for bless. Is there going to be a non steam version as well? Or will the game be available only on steam. I hope that there will be a non steam version as well.
    • Personally, it makes me kind of sad that there will be only Steam download for Bless. My issue is that i have a laptop and once i downloaded Steam and a game also all this fulled up the rest of my computer space :/ Is there anything else i can do?
      :blesscuriosity:
    • If Neowiz does not release a standalone client there is nothing you can do. I would personally prefer not to use steam either, I simply don't like it. However if your storage is that small, consider an upgrade? I think that I hvave heard Bless is somewhere around 30Gb??
    • crescenttwin0 wrote:

Personally, it makes me kind of sad that there will be only Steam download for Bless. My issue is that i have a laptop and once i downloaded Steam and a game also all this fulled up the rest of my computer space :/ Is there anything else i can do?
      What exactly did Stream install other than the game? I doubt any one game took up your entire computer space. Steam doesn't install bloatware from what I know.
    • Pentrep: What can i say, my laptop full space is 296GB, so now i have only 184GB free from 296, and i remember very well when i downloaded Steam and the game also, my space got approximately 200-210GB and it was awful..
      :blesscuriosity:
    • crescenttwin0 wrote:

Pentrep: What can i say, my laptop full space is 296GB, so now i have only 184GB free from 296, and i remember very well when i downloaded Steam and the game also, my space got approximately 200-210GB and it was awful..
      Wow that's crazy small. Maybe invest in an auxiliary HD for space, assuming you can afford it?
    • The only issues i ever get from steam are corrupt file transfers/ downloads, where in the executable file for a game is downloaded incorrectly... Where i annoyingly have to validate the game files to try fix it and if not, then uninstall the game and reinstall the game due to how steam servers and their cloud works.....

Apart from that steam is great.
    • I honestly wasn't crazy about steam at the start. But it's better than nothing. From my experience the less things you have on your system from Steam, the better it runs.
    • I agree with you on that, seperate drives works pretty well for me via steam. And steam in general helps a lot with games organisation. However i can sympathize with the author of this thread, it is nice having a separate client for larger games. As steam today is a lot about leveling and buying small games barely 1 or 2 gb and trading cards.

Like i still have archeage and tera and planetside 2 on separate clients. Its nice just being able to easily access them and dont have any other clutter.
    • SRTero wrote:

I agree with you on that, seperate drives works pretty well for me via steam. And steam in general helps a lot with games organisation. However i can sympathize with the author of this thread, it is nice having a separate client for larger games. As steam today is a lot about leveling and buying small games barely 1 or 2 gb and trading cards.

Like i still have archeage and tera and planetside 2 on separate clients. Its nice just being able to easily access them and dont have any other clutter.
      Yeah but it's better than nothing. I'm not sure Neowiz had much of an option. I don't know of any publishers that would have taken on Bless after what happened in RU and KR.
    • I know it is sad to be honest.. And most western publishers dont manage games very well either.... It seems games that are having the most success in 2017-2018 as in new games are crowdfunded ones.
    • Crowdfunded and self-published have always done better than localized by separate Western publishers for the most part.

crescenttwin0 wrote:

Personally, it makes me kind of sad that there will be only Steam download for Bless. My issue is that i have a laptop and once i downloaded Steam and a game also all this fulled up the rest of my computer space :/ Is there anything else i can do?

According to latest system requirements, ~55gb will be needed.

bless-source.com/system-requirements/
    • SRTero wrote:

I know it is sad to be honest.. And most western publishers dont manage games very well either.... It seems games that are having the most success in 2017-2018 as in new games are crowdfunded ones.
      I'm not familiar with any crowdfunded games outside of Ghost of a Tale and Armello. What other crowd-funded games have garnered success?
    • Crowfall, PUGB, (not out yet but its currently most anticipated game) ashes of creation, skyrim mod Bruma (may be a mod but it was as big as a game) and pillars of eternity 2 which should be coming out this year and a game im looking forward to is Wasteland 3, Divinity Original Sin 2.

I understand those examples aren't all out yet, but i can give more that are already out if you want.