Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

What makes Bless unique?

• What makes Bless unique?

As the title says, what do you think makes Bless stand out from the competition in its current form? Why should I quit World of Warcraft for this? I loved black desert without the RNG, is Bless anything like it?
      Also will my casual girl friend enjoy it?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Heksa ().

• There is nothing that makes it unique i think. Bless feels a bit like Aion in my opinion. The combat is similar, you have Open World PvP and Questing feels the same too. That's not a bad thing though. If you enjoyed games like Aion, WoW, GW2 etc. you will probably enjoy Bless too. Upgrading Gear, Crafting, Pets and Mounts is RnG based, but i think its not as hard as in most other MMOs. RnG is needed to create (fake)content though, else they can't bring content fast enough. Just think about it, a Singleplayer game like the Witcher takes 3-4 years to develop, but you can finish it within a week. An Online game however needs to be interesting for months until new Content gets released, even after finishing its story. MMOs can't survive without RnG and stuff like limited Dungeon entries.
    • I guess.. the story is unique. Aside from that, it looks good, there's open world PvP, there's dungeons, taming system similar to a few other MMORPGs, decent combat, more or less an enjoyable experience, but none of which are very "unique" or revolutionary because the game is old. It follows a similar formula to that of what old MMORPGs went by. When Bless was announced 6+ years ago, it was more so, but now, not so much. That being said, while it's not the most "awe-inspiring" or innovative (aside from graphics, graphics are great), the game offers a good balance of multiple features that are done well and still being improved now with Rebuild continued in JP.
    • I really like the diversity of races that is what originally drew me to the game. It's really hard for me to find games where I find the character choices appealing. But now the main driving factor is the growth of the community and enhancement of the game itself. I want to see how the game develops and changes. I'm also interested in seeing out the story since it seems interesting despite my lack of understanding of it currently.
    • One thing about Bless i feel is unique is the whole taming/catching pet's/mount's system,

personally i have never seen this kind of system in a mmorpg before where you can literally have any mob in the game as a pet or mount.
    • To be honest, the taming process of Bless is not impressive, imo. To me, it's a redundant mini-game. After 3-4 times, it gets super old and hardly challenging. Sliding bars is common to create "challenge", even to this day, with Ashes of Creation's combat as an example. It's also not all that unique, imo. Yes, it's less limiting than other MMORPGs, but it's not like everything can be tamed. I would say maybe less than 80% can be. WoW, Neverwinter, and many others have open world beast pet taming for Hunters and such, Icarus has open world taming for most of mountable looking mobs, even games as old as Lineage 1 had taming. On top of this, pets don't attack, so they aren't made more unique with "special cool attacks". Minion taming is cool, if it was actually seeable and interactable in the game, but for now it's just UI.

The actual difficulty is with the taming progression when it comes to min/maxing the benefits of pets. Which is RNG, time and swipe atm. At most, I would say maybe the taming progression is unique, but for obtaining them, not so much. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nocht ().

• Nocht wrote:

The actual difficulty is with the taming progression when it comes to min/maxing the benefits of pets. Which is RNG, time and swipe atm. At most, I would say maybe the taming progression is unique, but for obtaining them, not so much. :)
      Could be specially "unique" if the taming progresion don't become p2w in time :D
    • Sarcastic wrote:

Nocht wrote:

Could be specially "unique" if the taming progresion don't become p2w in time :D
      From what I've seen taming scrolls are easily obtainable so I doubt it.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Sarcastic wrote:

Nocht wrote:

From what I've seen taming scrolls are easily obtainable so I doubt it.

I'm not talking just about scroll bro... We have talked about it in another thread. The are many other pets items in the cashshop to improve experience gained, protect the pet when upgrading, change skills, lower fatigue time, etc.
      So to level your pet faster, and more important to get the RNG buff (probably really hard to get) it could become easily p2w at least for pets if the item that change skill is only in the cash shop or it too hard to get outside there. I did not minded it cause I thought the buff weren't THAT important but I didn't know that pets gave you buff that improves character stats, and I think I read somewhere that one pet buff improves a ranger skill... so if those buffs are good enough, are important and cash shop makes much easier to get them I'm worry.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Sarcastic ().

• Well you can get by without using the cash shop. The cash shop is by no means needed to progress and is little more than a convenience for the most part. I understand your concern. We don't know how much of the cash shop will be converted to the Western version. But the whole pet thing is hardly game breaking so I don't think it qualifies as P2W. It could certainly contribute to that atmosphere though...
    • I personally do not have enough experience with Bless to answer what makes it unique. But what caught my attention was the open world pvp, the amount of races, and the general look of the game. It looks more of a medieval fantasy type setting which I greatly appreciate.
    • Valbunny wrote:

I personally do not have enough experience with Bless to answer what makes it unique. But what caught my attention was the open world pvp, the amount of races, and the general look of the game. It looks more of a medieval fantasy type setting which I greatly appreciate.
      I have to admit the setting is awesome. It's fantasy but it's also realistic. It's a nice blend between the two.
    • I would say BLESS is unique for what it is : a Triple A MMORPG not coming from a kickstarter campaign which is nowadays rare. Also it is being developped and published by Neowiz themselves so maybe will we assist in a management closer to all communities and with a better pace ?

Somehow I feel like BLESS is also unique for being quite classic and I will try to explain this. Today a lot of MMO are experimenting new things like no faction at all, no trade between players, open world seamless without dungeons, no trinity, no aggro management, automatized content [...] but - holy moly ! - how further away are we going from the MMO essence ?

Basically, i see in BLESS something like the only new product that is a real link to this genre sadly corrupted. We are not going to witness anything closer to the MMO essence in quite some time after BLESS and I don't really have faith in the kickstarter middle since only one MMO has been launched through this yet.
    • Momoruk wrote:

I would say BLESS is unique for what it is : a Triple A MMORPG not coming from a kickstarter campaign which is nowadays rare. Also it is being developped and published by Neowiz themselves so maybe will we assist in a management closer to all communities and with a better pace ?

Somehow I feel like BLESS is also unique for being quite classic and I will try to explain this. Today a lot of MMO are experimenting new things like no faction at all, no trade between players, open world seamless without dungeons, no trinity, no aggro management, automatized content [...] but - holy moly ! - how further away are we going from the MMO essence ?

Basically, i see in BLESS something like the only new product that is a real link to this genre sadly corrupted. We are not going to witness anything closer to the MMO essence in quite some time after BLESS and I don't really have faith in the kickstarter middle since only one MMO has been launched through this yet.
      Exactly how is Bless a Triple A title? It's an original IP with a small company behind it. I doubt it qualifies as Triple A.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Momoruk wrote:

I would say BLESS is unique for what it is : a Triple A MMORPG not coming from a kickstarter campaign which is nowadays rare. Also it is being developped and published by Neowiz themselves so maybe will we assist in a management closer to all communities and with a better pace ?

Exactly how is Bless a Triple A title? It's an original IP with a small company behind it. I doubt it qualifies as Triple A.
      Development Cost : $61M (Probably more by now).

mmos.com/editorials/most-expensive-mmorpgs-ever-developed
      bless.gamemeca.com/mecareport.php?gid=978773
    • Don't remind me of that development cost. It hurts me physically.

As for Bless being unique because it is sticking to more "classic" MMORPG, trinity system feel in this day when MMORPG are pushing away from it, I see what you mean. Though.. there are a few other MMORPGs in development that are headed in that direction too. Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen for example, but I believe that will use a quaternity system. It's a fair way to look at it considering 2017 had a lot of releases self-proclaiming as MMORPG that stray from classic MMORPG essence and gameplay style.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nocht ().

• Momoruk wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

Development Cost : $61M (Probably more by now).
      mmos.com/editorials/most-expensive-mmorpgs-ever-developed
      bless.gamemeca.com/mecareport.php?gid=978773
      Wow that is insane. I had no idea. Bless has a lot of ground to make up.
    • I'm sure it's up to 75M$+ at this point. Since they publish the game in the west there is also no publisher that pays millions for the licence. If they sell founder packs and the average buyer pays $20 they have to sell more than 3 million packs before they start making profit. So their hope is that they somehow fix the lags, make it F2P with a fair Cash Shop, a Premium Service that is worth buying every month and that the media praises the game.

:money:
    • Furia wrote:

I'm sure it's up to 75M$+ at this point. Since they publish the game in the west there is also no publisher that pays millions for the licence. If they sell founder packs and the average buyer pays $20 they have to sell more than 3 million packs before they start making profit. So their hope is that they somehow fix the lags, make it F2P with a fair Cash Shop, a Premium Service that is worth buying every month and that the media praises the game.

:money:
      Do they have to pay Steam anything for Steam to support the game? I'd assume they do. I'm not sure because there are lots of indie/small developers who work through steam. So it can't be incredibly expensive.