Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

All quiet on the Korean front.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• All quiet on the Korean front.

So I've brought this up in a few other threads but I thought it was worth mentioning. Is anyone else worried that Neowiz has been rather quiet about updates to the Korean client? I know they are trying to update the Japanese client but this makes me think negatively about what they are doing? Think of it this way....The KR version is the source client. It's usually a bad sign when the source client doesn't see any updates for a while. What does everyone else think about this issue? Thanks for your input in advanced.
    • I feel the KR Rebuild server was "a test server" for the international versions. They had worked on it there for a while until the JPN release came, now they are focusing on getting updates out in JPN because this is the version International servers will use. They abandoned KR Rebuild probably for a few reasons:
      1) Lack of players testing
      2) Japan is out now, USING this version, not testing
      3) Lack of resources to maintain KR rebuild, KR original, JPN, NA, EU, etc all at once.

I think if the other versions are a success they will open a NEW server for KR Original, with all the changes and updates. As of now there would be no reason to work on this many projects for them at once.

It is hard to recover a game once it has failed (KR Original). They are a business and will follow the money. KR has no player base anymore, so why should they focus on something that has already failed instead of moving on to the things that could possibly save this game? (EU,NA,JPN)

TLDR: Kr was a test server for international release, they need to focus on the international releases to save the game
    • Instead of trying to focus on the bad, focus on the good things. Like, the player base for NA/EU is almost larger then both other versions of the game at their peak, and we don't even have a release date... Now think of the amount of people who will flow in when the release date is actually announced?? The good news of life. :)

Even now, the discord server for bless gains about ten people per day consistently, around thirteen people per hour like the steam page, over three hundred daily consistently, bless streams obtain 70-100 people consistently, about three-five people join this website daily. I say it is growing well for literally no company advertisement, no release date. Yeah I have no life, so I track the progress of random things.
    • Valbunny wrote:

I say it is growing well for literally no company advertisement, no release date.
      That's another thing is Neowiz will really need to step it up with advertisements for Bless global. The hype meter is not all that high even when they announced the global released already upcoming for 2018. In my opinion massive ad campaigns like Kakao Games does with BDO will be necessary to start and keep a good player population instead of relying heavily on players sharing and creating content (like Neowiz does with Black Squad). Black Squad is Neowiz' F2P FPS on Steam that while is highly rated, mostly positive reviews, is not nearly as heard of or talked about as other FPS in the market due to low advertisement.

Bless Online in my Top 10 MMORPGs In 2018!
    • Nocht wrote:

Valbunny wrote:

I say it is growing well for literally no company advertisement, no release date.
      That's another thing is Neowiz will really need to step it up with advertisements for Bless global. The hype meter is not all that high even when they announced the global released already upcoming for 2018. In my opinion massive ad campaigns like Kakao Games does with BDO will be necessary to start and keep a good player population instead of relying heavily on players sharing and creating content (like Neowiz does with Black Squad). Black Squad is Neowiz' F2P FPS on Steam that while is highly rated, mostly positive reviews, is not nearly as heard of or talked about as other FPS in the market due to low advertisement.
      Moreover, Neowiz must give more emphasis to Hans Zimmer in order to advertise Bless in the right way

• Bless has a really tall order to fill and a lot of ground to make up. It just makes me worried to see the Korean version is all but abandoned at this point. I haven't logged in KR for a while but JP even has a seasonal event which I wasn't expecting at all.
    • I really don't think that the Korean version failing, and being abandon will influence the success for bless in the west. There are a lot of different things that could happen here, like the fact like the game is like five years late?? Though I do agree that neowiz needs to step up their advertisement for the game, and hopefully they do just that when the actual date is announced. Time will tell.
    • Yes, the lack of advertisement worries me also. I was looking for a certified twitter page earlier today and couldn't find one. It's just a little unnerving, also that their official website pushes people to the steam community hub. (which is not the best place to encourage active community growth.) There's really nothing inviting about the steam community hubs. I'm happy I at least found this place.
      I guess time will tell, but I agree they really need to step up their game.

Also as a side note: Can someone tell me why Bless was considered a "failure" in Korea? What exactly happened?
    • I've been playing since the 2nd cbt in Korea and I think they released the game too early. The optimization and the lack of content were the main issues in my opinion. I wonder if they will bring the game to the west with a new version of DirectX or if the game will stay on DirectX9.The optimization still concerns me because the game focus on large scale battles. I think they are improving but still have a long way to go. We also know that korean MMO market has changed a lot, there's a lot of MMO's available on the market but it seems that most of korean players prefers mobile games at the moment.
    • Symeria wrote:

I've been playing since the 2nd cbt in Korea and I think they released the game too early. The optimization and the lack of content were the main issues in my opinion. I wonder if they will bring the game to the west with a new version of DirectX or if the game will stay on DirectX9.The optimization still concerns me because the game focus on large scale battles. I think they are improving but still have a long way to go. We also know that korean MMO market has changed a lot, there's a lot of MMO's available on the market but it seems that most of korean players prefers mobile games at the moment.
      I see. Thank you for the explanation Symeria.
    • I think part of the problem also was that it wasn't on par with keeping up with the existing F2P titles like BNS. The game was far from ready and they rushed it thinking they could pull off a soft launch sorta like what FFXIV tried to do. The difference here though is Neowiz is a much smaller company with fewer assets. So out of the gate it's going to have a lot going against it, especially in Korea.
    • Is the japan client running the KR rebuild changes? Even dungeon difficulty? If so, that makes the KR version totally pointless. The fact they patched the ranger on the JPN server without even having a test for it on the KR server I suppose should've been a huge indicator. Right now if they launched with the changes on KR in the NA market the game would fail miserably.

Bless is about 4-5 years too late, maybe they could of rode in on the coattails of FFXIV, but now people have different expectations.
    • Helix wrote:

Is the japan client running the KR rebuild changes? Even dungeon difficulty? If so, that makes the KR version totally pointless. The fact they patched the ranger on the JPN server without even having a test for it on the KR server I suppose should've been a huge indicator. Right now if they launched with the changes on KR in the NA market the game would fail miserably.

Bless is about 4-5 years too late, maybe they could of rode in on the coattails of FFXIV, but now people have different expectations.
      I sincerely doubt Bless is going to ride the coat tails of XIV. XIV came from an established franchise with an established fanbase. Bless is completely unique and has no pre-existing fanbase outside of the people who've been following it from the start. JP and KR are different in a few aspects and dungeon tweaks is one of them.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Helix wrote:

Is the japan client running the KR rebuild changes? Even dungeon difficulty? If so, that makes the KR version totally pointless. The fact they patched the ranger on the JPN server without even having a test for it on the KR server I suppose should've been a huge indicator. Right now if they launched with the changes on KR in the NA market the game would fail miserably.

I sincerely doubt Bless is going to ride the coat tails of XIV. XIV came from an established franchise with an established fanbase. Bless is completely unique and has no pre-existing fanbase outside of the people who've been following it from the start. JP and KR are different in a few aspects and dungeon tweaks is one of them.

The only difference between KR and JP dungeons is the HP difference for the 43 nigraturis dungeon. On japan, its 40k less HP than KR, and can only run the dungeon once a day. (ofc can run unlimited amount of times on KR because its a "test" server) That 40k HP difference to be honest is a 10 second difference lol.

Overall, all mechanics are exactly the same. It's literally an HP difference. And if something isn't working on KR-rebuild server, its because its bugged if anything. From what ive seen and experienced between KR original (from 8 months ago) and JP, its literally the same mechanics, they didn't change anything except for the HP on the bosses. And it's not like the HP on the bosses got changed after the japanese tested it on their server. It was changed since day 1.
    • Korealer wrote:

The only difference between KR and JP dungeons is the HP difference for the 43 nigraturis dungeon. On japan, its 40k less HP than KR, and can only run the dungeon once a day. (ofc can run unlimited amount of times on KR because its a "test" server) That 40k HP difference to be honest is a 10 second difference lol.

Overall, all mechanics are exactly the same. It's literally an HP difference. And if something isn't working on KR-rebuild server, its because its bugged if anything. From what ive seen and experienced between KR original (from 8 months ago) and JP, its literally the same mechanics, they didn't change anything except for the HP on the bosses. And it's not like the HP on the bosses got changed after the japanese tested it on their server. It was changed since day 1.
      So then maybe they just plan to nerf the HP? I've been thinking of going back to KR because of my VPN issues but the game sees so little love and attention it doesn't seem worth it as it was in the past.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Korealer wrote:

So then maybe they just plan to nerf the HP? I've been thinking of going back to KR because of my VPN issues but the game sees so little love and attention it doesn't seem worth it as it was in the past.
      Whatever combat/actual game changes that are made in JP already, will most likely be on NA. There is no reason to have NA launch with whats on KR, THEN change it. That would be just plain stupid on the developers side, its a waste of time on their end. That's why when i tell people on Bless discord that if they want to learn the game, they should learn it on jp instead of kr, because they stopped updated kr-rebuild for a reason (there is no population and no actual player feedback besides the english people testing it, and thats not good feedback especially since people trying the game out are brand new).
    • Korealer wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

Korealer wrote:

Whatever combat/actual game changes that are made in JP already, will most likely be on NA. There is no reason to have NA launch with whats on KR, THEN change it. That would be just plain stupid on the developers side, its a waste of time on their end. That's why when i tell people on Bless discord that if they want to learn the game, they should learn it on jp instead of kr, because they stopped updated kr-rebuild for a reason (there is no population and no actual player feedback besides the english people testing it, and thats not good feedback especially since people trying the game out are brand new).
      I guess JP is going to become the source game then. It's a very saturated market in Japan. Probably more-so than Korea. But the population on rebuild seems healthy to me but then again KR never really compared. I hope they don't abandon KR because that's another market they can tap into, especially since the developer themself is Korean. But only time will tell, I suppose.
    • So just so I get this correct, there is no point in playing the Rebuild on the Korean server? That would kind of suck because I just bought a pmang account and started playing today, hope I don't have to buy another account to play the Japanese build. I guess that explains how come I haven't even seen another player yet and I'm level 6