Features I believe Bless needs to add if the want it to be a Successful title in the west!

• Features I believe Bless needs to add if the want it to be a Successful title in the west!

Lets start out by saying that the main two MMO's I have played are Black Desert Online and Dragons Dogma Online (using a vpn) also that I am playing Bless using action combat on the Japanese Rebuild Server

These are in no particular order BTW

#1 Climbing mechanics. So many games have this and in a world with massive mountains and very steep hills its crazy not too have it.

#2 Combat update. I know the devs are working on this but my main issue is getting hit by enemies from a distance even when there melee attacks. Also making it so when I click once as Guardian it only does one attack not keeps attacking till my target is dead.

#3 Ability to roll any direction while in combat. The zerk has this but its only a forward roll. I know some classes can teleport but a basic dodge roll thats not a skill but uses stamina would make the combat feel worlds smoother.

#4 Better movement, while playing Bless I realized the characters feel very floaty. This isn't mandatory but after jumping off a building or mountain and landing on the ground it would be nice to see them roll or crouch to break the fall. Or for the characters to feel like they have a little more weight to them when running or in combat.

#5 Player housing. I don't personally care too much about this feature. but many games already have this and I believe would help the game at launch for people planning to move from black dessert or Arche Age.

Some other suggestions that would be cool to see would be
      -hang gliders (again would be cool with the mountains) and I know there are flying mounts but you get those at a later level
      -Mounted Combat (similar to riders of Icarus)
      -Pets attacking enemies
    • #1 So many games having it doesn't means it's necessary. It would be a cool feature but adding it to the game before the NA/EU released would delay even more the released. I personally don't want that

#2 I'm not sure what you're talking about but if the range of melee attacks is reduced it would be even easier for mages and mystics to kitt their enemies.
      The auto attack can be triggered off by right click on it i think, so it doesn't keep on after clicking once.

#3 Sure

#4 #5 ...

- hang gliders : could be a cool added features in the future i guess.

- Mounted Combat : absolutely not, it would change entirely the combat system, no way they add this feature

-Pets attacking enemies : Same problem here, and even more, having every single player using a pet in combat would be a mess. By the way, i hope there is an option to hide pets from other players, i don't remember how it was on RU.
    • Kayn wrote:

-Pets attacking enemies : Same problem here, and even more, having every single player using a pet in combat would be a mess. By the way, i hope there is an option to hide pets from other players, i don't remember how it was on RU.
      I also hope there is an option to hide pets ans other characters too, specially in 100 vs 100 and others pvp events so my latency don't get that high to say hello to God :(
      About the features of this thread, I kinda didn't like it or think it could be features that really improve the game. Sometimes more is not better. I think is more important to have mystic class from the start and having more endgame dungeons soon, all the rebuild content, etc. But that is my opinion.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Sarcastic ().

• FreakonFlight wrote:

Lets start out by saying that the main two MMO's I have played are Black Desert Online and Dragons Dogma Online (using a vpn) also that I am playing Bless using action combat on the Japanese Rebuild Server

These are in no particular order BTW

#1 Climbing mechanics. So many games have this and in a world with massive mountains and very steep hills its crazy not too have it.

#2 Combat update. I know the devs are working on this but my main issue is getting hit by enemies from a distance even when there melee attacks. Also making it so when I click once as Guardian it only does one attack not keeps attacking till my target is dead.

#3 Ability to roll any direction while in combat. The zerk has this but its only a forward roll. I know some classes can teleport but a basic dodge roll thats not a skill but uses stamina would make the combat feel worlds smoother.

#4 Better movement, while playing Bless I realized the characters feel very floaty. This isn't mandatory but after jumping off a building or mountain and landing on the ground it would be nice to see them roll or crouch to break the fall. Or for the characters to feel like they have a little more weight to them when running or in combat.

#5 Player housing. I don't personally care too much about this feature. but many games already have this and I believe would help the game at launch for people planning to move from black dessert or Arche Age.

Some other suggestions that would be cool to see would be
      -hang gliders (again would be cool with the mountains) and I know there are flying mounts but you get those at a later level
      -Mounted Combat (similar to riders of Icarus)
      -Pets attacking enemies
      So let's address these one by one.
      1. Has this ever been done in any MMO before? Jumping for sure but actually climbing as a physical landscape mechanic. BNS has wall climb which sort of counts I guess.
      2. I don't know how much more Combat will be updated. They made one update to it already but supposedly they want to make it more action oriented.
      3. Right now Berserker has this mechanic so I can see it as being extended out to at least the melee classes.
      4. Oh yeah movement in combat is really clunky. Lock on needs to be fixed for sure...
      5. I wouldn't count on it but maybe who knows. It's a lot of resources and Neowiz is going to be looking to save money and cut corners.
      Of the other 3 the most realistic would seem to be pet combat since the idea is basically half there already. They just need to be given abilities and controls.
    • Pentrep wrote:

I wouldn't count on it but maybe who knows. It's a lot of resources and Neowiz is going to be looking to save money and cut corners.Of the other 3 the most realistic would seem to be pet combat since the idea is basically half there already. They just need to be given abilities and controls.
      I really wouldn't like to have pets fighs, I prefer that stay just in buffs and the others skills they have. Don't really want a pokemon game. Maybe is because every game i tried with pets fighting they got P2W because of pets items shop, pets sales etc...
    • Sarcastic wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

I wouldn't count on it but maybe who knows. It's a lot of resources and Neowiz is going to be looking to save money and cut corners.Of the other 3 the most realistic would seem to be pet combat since the idea is basically half there already. They just need to be given abilities and controls.
      I really wouldn't like to have pets fighs, I prefer that stay just in buffs and the others skills they have. Don't really want a pokemon game. Maybe is because every game i tried with pets fighting they got P2W because of pets items shop, pets sales etc...
      I think the only game I played with pet vs pet combat was FFXI and that was far from P2W, lol. I think you can count on premium pets since there already are some but they are more cosmetic than actual utility.
    • Well many years ago I use to play last chaos where pets fighted and you could buy them in cash shop or to other players, also pet items to level them faster and better were in the cash shop, the game was already p2w but that made it much more p2w.
      Besides I think that by letting pet fight could make that someone that has a better upgrade pet will count more than the ability of the player to control his character. In bless you can hunt the pet but many pet items that help you to level them up and protect them are in the cash shop and don't know if you can get them easily in other way and letting them fight will add probably many more types of items; so by all of this things I prefer that pets remains with buffs only. I wouldn't like that pets ends to be more important that the actual pj.
    • Tab Targeting - It needs to be looked at, it's kinda cumbersome and not as fluid as it can be. There needs to be an option to not lock your camera to a target when engaged in tab target. It makes split-second swapping to another target a real chore.
      Action Combat - literally pointless, I wouldn't be against removing the option complete.
      Pets - they're going to be a huge issue, especially if they plan on linking them to cash shop items.
      UI - it's pretty shit and way too rigid. Should be able to scale and move everything. The inability to trade or send items through the mail is dumb. Right now we're using the AH to trade items (which btw, items have set prices - lol). This won't be viable come release and assuming the game has an actual player base.
      Performance - it's not total crap as some might say it is, but it's not good either. If we are to believe this game will have 100v100 sieges the performance needs to be improved dramatically. Cut down on the clutter, this goes with pets too.
      Item durability - apparently items can run out of max durability, not a fan of this personally.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Helix ().

• A few personal things I'd like to see changed.
      1. Optimization - This game suffers more from optimization than from any other single issue right now.
      2. Crafting - Some of the crafting materials are just impossible to get on a daily basis.
      3. Controller Support - Minor issue but I'd really like to see controllers supported for the game.
      4. "Turning off" PC's/Pet's - I think you should be able to turn off other players to increase frame rate.
      5. Mounts - There should be a better way to upgrade mounts and increase fatigue then there currently is.
      These are just suggestions and I think they would benefit the game overall.
    • Pentrep wrote:

A few personal things I'd like to see changed.
      1. Optimization - This game suffers more from optimization than from any other single issue right now.
      2. Crafting - Some of the crafting materials are just impossible to get on a daily basis.
      3. Controller Support - Minor issue but I'd really like to see controllers supported for the game.
      4. "Turning off" PC's/Pet's - I think you should be able to turn off other players to increase frame rate.
      5. Mounts - There should be a better way to upgrade mounts and increase fatigue then there currently is.
      These are just suggestions and I think they would benefit the game overall.
      I agree with all of this, some controller support would be amazing. The mount thing though could be a small P2W thing i guess, if they added mount exp scrolls, they would most likely have to do it with pets as well which is a small issue. But i dont mind, its something to use my money on in the game if the outfits suck.

I want a pirate outfit, captain jack sparrow style..........