Housing Discussion

• Housing Discussion

So one thing I have not heard much about is housing. Does anyone know what kind of player housing, if any, will be available at launch? Do you want housing? What kind would you like? I for one would love for there to be areas in the world where you can have your own plot and build your home there. I don't want brick for brick building, but would like the ability to put like pre built "Plug" homes.
    • Superhiro wrote:

Nocht wrote:

There is no player housing in Bless. At most, you can.. stay in one of the buildings and roleplay that it's your house..
      I really wish there was housing. Playing in a big world is awesome, but you would think that you would have a home in that world. Hard to imagine that a char goes through all that growth without proper sleep lol.
      I mean...there are plenty of MMO's that do fine without housing. In the end it's all cosmetic and extra. If your thinking of something like rested XP they could implement something like inns.
    • I think to save FPS instanced housing wouldnt be a bad idea. However open world housing is awesome and fun, but ultimately pointless for bless as they wont have the incentives for example archeage had. Maybe later on do something like WoW with barracks but possibly pointless though.
    • I personally have rather, lets call it, negative views about housing in an mmo - I never saw it bringing anything to the table rather than just one more cosmetic/roleplay option that really never did anything for you character (for example, rested xp can be obtained ANY other way aswell, and is not something exclusive to housing only). With an exception of very few games where the game involves much around them. Bless is defenitely not one of those games.

I mean, you are gonna just sit around your house in an mmo? Because, lets be real, hardly anyone ever visits them :D If you like furnishing and stuff, there are much better games for that :P Sims *cough cough*. As of mmos, Wildstar, for example, has THE best housing ever - you can literally build ANYTHING you want on your plot - an amusement park, magical forest, castle, outer space airship etc etc... just for... well... for your own time sink and fun. Wouldn't you rather do something FOR your character that would progress you in the actual game to get better rather than play house?

For each their own, ofcourse! But just gonna repeat myself, that for houses to be there, they really need to be in the core of the game with a huge purpose (like in ArchAge), not just to play Sims.
    • Noemy wrote:

I personally have rather, lets call it, negative views about housing in an mmo - I never saw it bringing anything to the table rather than just one more cosmetic/roleplay option that really never did anything for you character (for example, rested xp can be obtained ANY other way aswell, and is not something exclusive to housing only). With an exception of very few games where the game involves much around them. Bless is defenitely not one of those games.

I mean, you are gonna just sit around your house in an mmo? Because, lets be real, hardly anyone ever visits them :D If you like furnishing and stuff, there are much better games for that :P Sims *cough cough*. As of mmos, Wildstar, for example, has THE best housing ever - you can literally build ANYTHING you want on your plot - an amusement park, magical forest, castle, outer space airship etc etc... just for... well... for your own time sink and fun. Wouldn't you rather do something FOR your character that would progress you in the actual game to get better rather than play house?

For each their own, ofcourse! But just gonna repeat myself, that for houses to be there, they really need to be in the core of the game with a huge purpose (like in ArchAge), not just to play Sims.
      I agree, in FFXIV you can build a guild house and you can put some shops, pet trainers, NPCs that fixs your gear, etc. It makes your life easier cause you teleport there and have it all in one place, I think some things are also cheaper in there. Something like that it can be interesting instead of just making a doll house without any other purpose than cosmetic.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sarcastic ().

• Guild wars 2 does it pretty well too, not housing but a guild instance/ hall i could say. The higher the level of the guild the more npcs you can have in your "guild base" and cosmetic design, where the npcs do offer some slightly cheaper items and exclusive pets/items/armour and the bases are actually quite huge :D