Whats the general consensus on pets?

• Whats the general consensus on pets?

After reading this reddit.com/r/Bless/comments/7f…ash_shop_and_why_it_will/ I'm honestly worried for this game. It sounds like pets will have a huge influence on the game, experience boosts, stat boosts? It seems too much, plus the cash shop appears to be tied into all of that. You're going to want them out when you're leveling, when you're pvping. Everyone with pets out sounds like extreme cluster when it comes to screen space.
    • Its kinda easy to tame pets and most of the pets items can be crafted or bought in common shops i think, I leveled up a pet to level 35 without buying anything so you won't really need to spend in cash shop. Also I believe that the pets buffs only works when you are doing quests, running and things like that.
      I have never got a stat boost by pets such as strengh, mind, dex, etc that impact in my character. Don't think that kinda boost exist and also you can not use pets in dungeons and some pvp events I believe.
    • yep i just was waching a video where he use it in a dungeon. Still exp buffs in dungeon or the other buffs I saw are not really p2w stuff. Exp buff loses importance when you get end level and besides as I said is really easy to get a pet with those buffs. I would be bad for example if pets gives you better pvp stats and you can only get them in cash shop and would really hard to get a pet without paying. But i don't think is the case. Also I didn,t get any stat that gives me any advantage in pvp against other player, except getting a mount with a speed buff to escape :P
    • Mmm that is a good information! I could only tried mount buffs mostly. So yes the concern is that in NA they keep making pet farming and growing quite easy or not that easy but without need to go to cash shop. Also there are some items in the cash shop that let you change the pet buff and keep your pet safe when you try to improve his grade. This items should also be easy to get it by playing the game to not fall in p2w stuffs or at least let you get lumena quite easy by just playing.
      A couple of question: Can you use your pet and mount in all pvp events? Mounts can also be used in dungeons?
    • We dont care about mounts ... their bonus have no real impact and u cannot use them in dungeon

While with pet u can have :
      +48 spellpower
      +336 Pdef and 96 Mdef
      +50% move speed backward

that is for help in combat I think

and u can have
      +154% xp hunting mob
      same for xp pvp
      same for gold hunting
      some +xp crafting, gathering etc

the xp boost is really huge if u can have quickly at release (but the leveling is not really long in Bless)

it's not really gamebreaking but with CS items u can save a lot of gold and time for having ure "best in slot" pet very quickly
    • I doubt it'd be the pets that "break" the game whether they'll be in cash-shop or not. By all means, they do not have the same stat capacities as gear or runes have. And as of xp or other convenience boosts they give/might give - are not game-breaking either. At one or other point, we'll all be max level and I don't think the 20% (for example) xp boosters will pass us all. Plus, as other have mentioned, you have a fair chance of getting a pet out in the wilderness yourself and level it up as you go on.
    • Pentrep wrote:

I think pets are more for cosmetic purposes in this game as it stands right now most of them don't offer any outstanding benefits from what I've seen. Some increased gold and some do increased XP. But I don't think many would upgrade them considering the change is next to nothing.
      I disagree, it's quite the opposite IMO. You need a pet to min-max just about anything. A pet for crafting, a pet for grinding, a pet for this and a pet for that. Pets even offer spell/attack power and same goes for physical and damage mitigation. It's a very noticeable difference. The fact that there is quite a few pet upgrade additives on the cash shop also doesn't bold well. Sure, you can craft most of that stuff, but if the alternative exists to open wallets and jump ahead of the pack, there is a serious concern. Right now there is an item on the cash shop which lets you reroll your pets passive skills, it costs about 1 gem. I'm not sure what the gold or resource equivalent would be to crafting the item, but the fact such an option exists is worrisome. Especially since rolling skills is similar to that of a loot box.

Not to mention the possible ramifications for pvp, not just from a stat advantage perceptive, but from a "cluttering the battlefield with pets" perspective. I don't want to see dozens upon dozens of pets (hundreds if we're talking about 100v100) pets in open field, and trust me, if you're in a serious pvp guild you're going to be expected to have a pet that maximizes your stats. The game already has big performance issues, imagine rendering all those players AND the pets. Awful.

Ideally I think the pets shouldn't offer any combat stats; spell/attack, damage mitigations need to take a hike. Increased xp, crafting gains? Sure. Keep those things out of combat.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Helix ().

• Helix wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

I think pets are more for cosmetic purposes in this game as it stands right now most of them don't offer any outstanding benefits from what I've seen. Some increased gold and some do increased XP. But I don't think many would upgrade them considering the change is next to nothing.
      I disagree, it's quite the opposite IMO. You need a pet to min-max just about anything. A pet for crafting, a pet for grinding, a pet for this and a pet for that. Pets even offer spell/attack power and same goes for physical and damage mitigation. It's a very noticeable difference. The fact that there is quite a few pet upgrade additives on the cash shop also doesn't bold well. Sure, you can craft most of that stuff, but if the alternative exists to open wallets and jump ahead of the pack, there is a serious concern. Right now there is an item on the cash shop which lets you reroll your pets passive skills, it costs about 1 gem. I'm not sure what the gold or resource equivalent would be to crafting the item, but the fact such an option exists is worrisome. Especially since rolling skills is similar to that of a loot box.
      Not to mention the possible ramifications for pvp, not just from a stat advantage perceptive, but from a "cluttering the battlefield with pets" perspective. I don't want to see dozens upon dozens of pets (hundreds if we're talking about 100v100) pets in open field, and trust me, if you're in a serious pvp guild you're going to be expected to have a pet that maximizes your stats. The game already has big performance issues, imagine rendering all those players AND the pets. Awful.

Ideally I think the pets shouldn't offer any combat stats; spell/attack, damage mitigations need to take a hike. Increased xp, crafting gains? Sure. Keep those things out of combat.
      Min maxing is all good and well but most gamers, IE: casuals, don't worry about min-maxing. Now for your hard core people who dedicate their time to this game I agree. I've not seen any of the benefits your referring to but all these changes for pets are new for me and I haven't seen all of them. Furthermore I was unaware of the pet re-roll option but I don't personally see how that's game breaking. However I can see your point in it being a little P2W.

As far as "seeing" pet's go. The game does need a turn off option for pets. They are unnecessary clutter in the battlefield or anywhere else for the matter. I think pets should be strictly out of combat benefits as well. So we're on the same page for the most part.