Whats the general consensus on pets?

• Pentrep wrote:

Helix wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

I think pets are more for cosmetic purposes in this game as it stands right now most of them don't offer any outstanding benefits from what I've seen. Some increased gold and some do increased XP. But I don't think many would upgrade them considering the change is next to nothing.
      I disagree, it's quite the opposite IMO. You need a pet to min-max just about anything. A pet for crafting, a pet for grinding, a pet for this and a pet for that. Pets even offer spell/attack power and same goes for physical and damage mitigation. It's a very noticeable difference. The fact that there is quite a few pet upgrade additives on the cash shop also doesn't bold well. Sure, you can craft most of that stuff, but if the alternative exists to open wallets and jump ahead of the pack, there is a serious concern. Right now there is an item on the cash shop which lets you reroll your pets passive skills, it costs about 1 gem. I'm not sure what the gold or resource equivalent would be to crafting the item, but the fact such an option exists is worrisome. Especially since rolling skills is similar to that of a loot box.Not to mention the possible ramifications for pvp, not just from a stat advantage perceptive, but from a "cluttering the battlefield with pets" perspective. I don't want to see dozens upon dozens of pets (hundreds if we're talking about 100v100) pets in open field, and trust me, if you're in a serious pvp guild you're going to be expected to have a pet that maximizes your stats. The game already has big performance issues, imagine rendering all those players AND the pets. Awful.

Ideally I think the pets shouldn't offer any combat stats; spell/attack, damage mitigations need to take a hike. Increased xp, crafting gains? Sure. Keep those things out of combat.
      Min maxing is all good and well but most gamers, IE: casuals, don't worry about min-maxing. Now for your hard core people who dedicate their time to this game I agree. I've not seen any of the benefits your referring to but all these changes for pets are new for me and I haven't seen all of them. Furthermore I was unaware of the pet re-roll option but I don't personally see how that's game breaking. However I can see your point in it being a little P2W.
      As far as "seeing" pet's go. The game does need a turn off option for pets. They are unnecessary clutter in the battlefield or anywhere else for the matter. I think pets should be strictly out of combat benefits as well. So we're on the same page for the most part.
      Helix is right, I have been playing the game super hardcore for the past couple of weeks. Getting a pet with the right stats is necessary if you want to progress your character. You also aren't recognizing the P2W snowball effect.

I have leveled multiple characters and if you want to level the fastest you will tame pets along the way, level them, grade them up, and re-roll their skills. It makes a significant difference. This means you get to end-game content significantly faster. You can do the max level dungeon quicker than others, get the Professional crafting quest tied to the dungeon done faster than others, and ultimately gear up way faster than others. If you want to be competitive out the gate this is important.

You want your tank to have dmg mitigation pets, your healers and magic dealers to have SP pets, and AP for your phys dps. An epic grade pet will give you either 48 SP/AP. That is another series of pets you have to tame, level, grade up, and re-roll.

I have talked to people playing on JPN, and the current price for a re-roll scroll is somewhere around $2.25. The RNG on getting the skill you want is really crazy, especially if you consider that with Epic the re-roll randomly re-rolls two skills. Which means you can get more synergy between your pet skills. I didn't even touch on the benefit with collecting/crafting.

This may not be auto-win P2W, but it is definitely P2W. I guarantee you the Western community will rip them to shreds over it as well.
    • To complete, I've made a mistake coz I thought that legendary pet has 3 "classic" buffs

BUT if u check IG, the 3rd slot could fucking good too :
      +20% dmg for 5sec / 30secCD
      Something like a 3sec stun counter attack if u take 7% HPdmg + a 20% Pdef/Mdef buff for 5sec

With mount u can have a sort of flag/banner who can give GROUP buff like immuCC, an absorb dmg shield, or an AE-fear on ennemies

So having a legendary pet (or mount) with BiS buff is very difficult but it's a part of the optimization and a side of Bless that can become quickly "P2W" !!??

if u want the perfect buff pet (1 Advanced buff) u have only 1 chance on 44 potential ... so just 2% chance to have the specfic buff ... u need to add only 15-30% chance to grade up to blue and around 3%-5% for having a epic pet

for 2 perfect buffs : 1 / 1936 (= 0,05% chance just for the random buff combination)

and u just have more or less 10 tries / pet

on JP, best epic pets (2 good buffs, generally 1 advanced and 1 medium) cost around 700+ gold
    • Izkimar wrote:

Helix is right, I have been playing the game super hardcore for the past couple of weeks. Getting a pet with the right stats is necessary if you want to progress your character. You also aren't recognizing the P2W snowball effect.
      I have leveled multiple characters and if you want to level the fastest you will tame pets along the way, level them, grade them up, and re-roll their skills. It makes a significant difference. This means you get to end-game content significantly faster. You can do the max level dungeon quicker than others, get the Professional crafting quest tied to the dungeon done faster than others, and ultimately gear up way faster than others. If you want to be competitive out the gate this is important.

You want your tank to have dmg mitigation pets, your healers and magic dealers to have SP pets, and AP for your phys dps. An epic grade pet will give you either 48 SP/AP. That is another series of pets you have to tame, level, grade up, and re-roll.

I have talked to people playing on JPN, and the current price for a re-roll scroll is somewhere around $2.25. The RNG on getting the skill you want is really crazy, especially if you consider that with Epic the re-roll randomly re-rolls two skills. Which means you can get more synergy between your pet skills. I didn't even touch on the benefit with collecting/crafting.

This may not be auto-win P2W, but it is definitely P2W. I guarantee you the Western community will rip them to shreds over it as well.
      You guys have some valid points and I'm not trying to argue that. On the contrary you have to keep in mind that the vast majority of people playing this game won't fall into the hard core category. However coming from BNS I know that developers tend to focus a lot on this group of players since in the end they will spend the most money on the game. This sorta brings about the whole "whale" concept of overspending in F2P mmo's to get ahead. I think they should do pet skins as a premium thing, not necessarily as a skill enhancement. However from what I've seen there are a wide variety of ways to get pets even outside of the item mall so it's by no means necessary. However all this min-maxing your referring to makes the whole pet concept seem rather cumbersome. It makes me think maybe they will simplify it. But who knows? Only time will tell.
    • Yeah I have hope that they will change these things for an NA audience. The problem is your competitive player base is usually the back bone. They bring the passion and life to the game, casuals benefit off of having a thriving hardcore playerbase.

Plus the problem is people that are typically hardcore but don't want to drops hundreds of dollars will bitch and moan, and there will be a lot of casuals that will still bitch and moan as well. It just isn't a good thing to have at all. I really believe people are getting more and more sensitive to P2W elements, so I think it's just best if the game doesn't monetize anything that can be perceived as a progression or stat advantage.
    • I was going to post my own question about pets when I saw this.

I'm a pet fiend, but not those new shiny doll pets that just wander around.

Pets that wander around buffing? That's just a cosmetic buff to me.

So many pets and types of pets and not a single fighting partner to stand at my side.

Add in P2W... that's a make or break thing for this old man.
    • AreeSoothsayer wrote:

I was going to post my own question about pets when I saw this.

So many pets and types of pets and not a single fighting partner to stand at my side.

They don't really go around buffing. Right now it's just a passive buff that progresses as you level up the pet. Every pet has different perks and can be capped at different levels. I imagine there is a soft cap on buffs but I'm not sure.
    • Pentrep wrote:

AreeSoothsayer wrote:

I was going to post my own question about pets when I saw this.

They don't really go around buffing. Right now it's just a passive buff that progresses as you level up the pet. Every pet has different perks and can be capped at different levels. I imagine there is a soft cap on buffs but I'm not sure.
      That is exactly what I mean. An active skill with a timer and cooldown that is interactive is okay. A static pet that stands there doing nothing while you gain a buff. They could just make a amulet or sigil that is captured from an enemy with random stats and it would do the same.
    • It would be nice that pet could also have the skill of finding hiden treasures by pointing or tell you when you pass around a place that has a treasure and things like that. I'm againt pet fighting and they improving the character stats, specially if important pets items are mostly in the cash shop and are hard to find otherwise, and wouldn't like that pets gets more important than the actual character.

Also pets are much cuter than sigils :P