Fraction balance

• Fraction balance

I have a sugestion. Since this is a fraction based game ..chance of unbalanced numbers of players on both sides could make a problem. Since almost all races are the same in both fractions it would be good to limit the difference betwen those numbers. For example if on one side are more than 30 percent more players han other..just disable the creation on stronger fraction, until its somewhat balanced. I know its not the perfect system but its just an idea. Ocf if you bring your frend to the game he wuld like to play with you...but there is still room to improve this :)
    • Your idea was done onto Rebuilt server.

Problem: A lot of people was angry (im our guild as an example). Because we created the guild on UNION side and 1 hour later it was not possible to create a char at UNION for 1 or 2 days. So may be you will have problems if disable the character creation for a longer time for one fraction.
    • It would be nice to have a pre-character creation upfront to sort these problems out.
      Maybe through browser first or simply allow character creation but not entering the game world (like JP did) but let's say have it open for 5 or 7 days.

This wouldn't get rid of the problem but sort the situations out like "oh my.... I can't play with my friend cause creation is locked" stuff.

Another thing is to not let the faction numbers stray from each other like +/- 30% or so. Keep it locked at a reasonable number (like 5%) to avoid faction locks for ages.
    • I have to be honest. While I can see the benefit in balancing the faction numbers, and can see why it should be done, I've never understood the close one faction and they'll just roll another mentality. I generally have a very specific race in mind when I go to play a game, and if I run into a situation where I can't play the faction/race that I want, I just not play until I can. I don't start a character on the other faction. This will be ESPECIALLY true for Bless, in where if I were to make a character on the side I dislike I would be forever locked out of the faction I DO like unless I deleted it. Basically, if I cant roll my Aqua Elf, I just won't play. I might have considered it if you were able to be both factions, but I'm not locking myself away from my favourite race forever because the game says I should. I'll just play something else.
    • Nayukhuut wrote:

I have to be honest. While I can see the benefit in balancing the faction numbers, and can see why it should be done, I've never understood the close one faction and they'll just roll another mentality. I generally have a very specific race in mind when I go to play a game, and if I run into a situation where I can't play the faction/race that I want, I just not play until I can. I don't start a character on the other faction. This will be ESPECIALLY true for Bless, in where if I were to make a character on the side I dislike I would be forever locked out of the faction I DO like unless I deleted it. Basically, if I cant roll my Aqua Elf, I just won't play. I might have considered it if you were able to be both factions, but I'm not locking myself away from my favourite race forever because the game says I should. I'll just play something else.
      Yeah, of course there is a lot of people like you that won't play the game if they can't choose the right race , the right faction that they want. Being able to play with your friends on the right faction or being able to choose your character is obviously important.
      But there is also a very large amount of players that won't care about those details, and the game needs to target these people in order to push them to choose the faction and/or races the less choosen.
      There is many ways to make that happen, and close one faction is one of those. They could also show at each time the percentage of the population in each faction and give maybe a little something to the players choosing the smallest percentage when it goes to low.
      It's hard to make the good choice here
    • I think this game could use with a balancing element. I liked how BNS did balancing using benefits to get people to sign up with the lower population faction. But this wouldn't work in Bless since you have to chose when you start. I guess it could be used in campaigns and stuff but I'm not sure how.
    • Guys, faction imbalance is not a big deal in Bless. The only time faction imbalance is an issue would be during World Boss events and Basel Canyon (its an area of the map where heiron camp is north and union is south and elites/mini-bosses in the middle that dropped crafting mats before re-build).

thats it lol. Capital sieges are within your own faction as a GvG event once a week between the guilds who own territories, and 100v100 is well, controlled to 100v100 only. And they even balance out the 100v100 so its not 50vs70, the numbers are always evenly matched.
    • Well, if it's 'too' unbalanced, it could lead to difficulties finding dungeon parties as well. I remember having such difficulties on other games, where the bulk of the players was on the other side.

To be fair though, the games in which it happened to me had around 20+ servers, and there probably won't be more than one or two servers in Bless. I'm sure it won't be that big of a deal.

Also, all this "fraction" talk reminds of math class. Yuck!
      Please excuse the bad Engrish. I'm still learning !