Source versus Steam

• Source versus Steam

New

So one of my concerns for this site is the competition offered by the steam site. In all honesty I don't have much experience with steam but I've seen that the steam community for Bless has already grown. Which makes me think: How many of them will stick to using that versus coming here? This site obviously has a longer history with the game. But any input on this new source of competition would be welcome.
    • New

I love steam and the steam community hub, but a lot of players who post on community hub are... meh... I think 90% of players will go on forums like Bless-Source or Neowiz one if they add one themself. Maybe Furia will talk to Neowiz and Bless-Source will became the officiel forum who knows :)
      Check the Bless Companion HERE

It can be long to load, don't worry refresh and it will be okay :)

Help me to improve the companion, check HERE for details

• New

I mainly check the steam site for reviews of a game and that's that. For anything else I fall back to fan forums as there are people more experienced with the game when it comes for example to theorycrafting and so forth.

It's kinda sad that no one build a skill builder yet but well...

The one thing Bless Source suffers though is the lack of activity in the past due to the very bleak looking future of Bless a few months back. We had the several server merges, the drop out of Aeria, the rather sluggish development itself. Rebuild brought some hope up but I have to say things are far from being easy. As Rebuild is getting its updates and more people are interested in playing the game beforehand they will mostly likely come to this site or discord to see how things are going.

So I guess things will hopefully look better in a few weeks/months but honestly speaking - as long as it benefits the game I don't mind anything.
    • New

More than one site isn't a bad thing anyways. This site is much better than steam and personally I don't like steam overall. I think Neowiz knows about this site, probably because Aeria told them about it. We did have reps on here a few times so I'd find it hard to believe that Neowiz didn't know about it. But now that Neowiz has dedicated to steam I think that will be their main focus. But maybe we can try to reach out to community reps and get some staff over here. It certainly would help the community more for both parties.
    • New

Nito wrote:

I mainly check the steam site for reviews of a game and that's that. For anything else I fall back to fan forums as there are people more experienced with the game when it comes for example to theorycrafting and so forth.

It's kinda sad that no one build a skill builder yet but well...

The one thing Bless Source suffers though is the lack of activity in the past due to the very bleak looking future of Bless a few months back. We had the several server merges, the drop out of Aeria, the rather sluggish development itself. Rebuild brought some hope up but I have to say things are far from being easy. As Rebuild is getting its updates and more people are interested in playing the game beforehand they will mostly likely come to this site or discord to see how things are going.

So I guess things will hopefully look better in a few weeks/months but honestly speaking - as long as it benefits the game I don't mind anything.
      Talk about a bleak future indeed, Bless almost died lol
      I don't give 2cents (jay2cents yt channel reference) about steam, i will only go there to download the game and come right back here, that's it won't even bother checking things in there. Now if by some miracle Bless Source were to become "the one" then that would be alright too.
      And i did warned everybody that about aeriagames when they came here with a bunch of promises, so it was no surprise for me...but just like Dragon Knights Online, "another one" , glad that Bless didn't went there.
      Also i believe no one bothered to create a skill builder because of the way the skill system currently works on KOR OB, but now that you actually have to add skill points on Rebuild and i believe Japanese version as well (correct me if im wrong) then it does make sense to have one.

I dont believe that this is a concern Source vs Steam, people will just use what's more convenient to them that's all, BlessSource has its doors open at all times so everyone from Steam is free to drop by and ask or check for info.
    • New

The Steam forums are ... strange. I don't really like how they're put together at all. It would be nice if Neowiz adopted this site, but if they make their own, with their own forums (and blackjack), I'll probably go sneak a peek there, but considering how long we've all been here ... well, I'm too lazy to change.

As for the skill builder, maybe no one made one because there wasn't all that much hope of ever seeing the game? Hopefully now with a release in the nearish future someone will be able to put one together.

Because I like knowing what build I'm supposed to use. Left to my own devices, well ... let's just say I'm not good at decision making. Not at all. (So much fire!)