Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Naval battle

• From what they released about it, It's going to be about micromanagement and skills assessment. So maybe a less cumbersome version of POTBS or something like that.
    • Nothing close to ArcheAge naval combat. Combat in general is very different as well. Definitely slower, but fights are generally quicker. Rock, paper, scissors kind of deal in open world, battlegrounds is zerg, arenas are pretty good, but there is only one option which is 3v3.

Bless KR Rebuild Project Download Guide
    • Just coming up on this thread now . . . Do we have links to any released information on Naval Combat. Just so I can take a look see myself?

Or

Am I misreading Pentrep's response entirely?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alyria ().

• I remember that naval battle was one of the promised features in Bless Online, so I contacted Willsin (the project manager) and made him aware that community wants a sea themed expansion with the Siren race and naval combat, if Neowiz will add this feature after release, it will absolutely epic!

Fingers crossed..... Let's hope they will hear our wishes ;)
    • Exactly Vega!

The main thing that attracted me to Bless initially was it's potential to "expand" from the original game. Do we need Naval Combat right away? No, right now the "world" consists of a single continent where the races are butting heads in a land war. Once the expansions start growing the world and bringing other continents into play. Bring on the Naval Combat and Merchant Trading!! As the game grows, and they add additional features, it could really turn into something magical that evolved over time. I love those types of games. It makes them feel alive in a way.

Now, when it comes to the races. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will see an NA/EU release with all races and classes, not just the ones currently listed. I hope . . . really hope . . . that we won't be waiting for the Iblis/Fedayin, Siren and Warlock until after launch. *crosses toes as well . . . just in case*
    • There was an article in early 2016 saying the game was going to have Naval combat. Currently I see no implication that this has any plans of being input. I think it's something they suggested as an addition to the Blazing Fire update but it never happened because the game had to focus on consolidating servers and population control overall. The game certainly does have ships but you can't do much with them other than use them for travel.
    • Truth Eternal wrote:

vegax87 wrote:

Fingers crossed..... Let's hope they will hear our wishes ;)
      Indeed! I'm not asking for AA naval activity, but I think the genre could learn from that game.
      To be fair, AA naval combat was kinda fun when doing kraken and all of a sudden ships go flying and AA becomes a new arc of peter pan.
    • They could still do underwater combat (not necessarily naval) by putting valuable resources in lakes and big ponds, imo but I think it will not happen or they don't care much about that atm.

Bless KR Rebuild Project Download Guide
    • Nocht wrote:

They could still do underwater combat (not necessarily naval) by putting valuable resources in lakes and big ponds, imo but I think it will not happen or they don't care much about that atm.
      That sounds really hard to implement but I guess it's not impossible considering WoW already does something like that doesn't it?
    • Rift did it as well. Underwater combat is a small niche but for maybe role playing it can be fun. I remember in archeage and rift they had events just for underwater like collecting chests or killing sea creatures. Plus lets be fair owning your own galleon was cool :D
    • I wouldn't count on it since swimming is hit and miss in the game. They'd have to fix swimming before they implement underwater content. They did mention sea battles early on but never really elaborated on it so I'd assume they abandoned the idea now.
    • Pentrep wrote:

I wouldn't count on it since swimming is hit and miss in the game. They'd have to fix swimming before they implement underwater content. They did mention sea battles early on but never really elaborated on it so I'd assume they abandoned the idea now.
      I will cry if they abandoned the idea, if they wanna compete on the open world MMOrpgs without loading screens they gotta have some naval battle. Content wise its enjoyable no matter how poorly its done, for role players they can be pirates, actually being a pirate and killing others is fun, having your guild on multiple ships firing cannons is also super fun, just sailing around feeling free is super fun, building your own ship (how archeage did it) is super fun. I dont mind if they save it as a content release later on as an expansion but i duly hope they have not abandoned the idea, it adds so much to the game, trolling included ;) I am a huge pvper, and its always nice to have a range in the battlefield to where im killing other players (sea, on the deck of a ship included). For example if you tire of fishing on land or tire of walking around exploring and want a scenery change that isn't generic desert, then the sea is a great option especially fishing on a boat you made, listening to music and either (like archeage) fishing for sport rewards or to earn some extra gold.
    • We'll have to wait and see. They have much more pressing issues then adding sea/undersea combat. They do probably need to fix swimming though, it's really clunky and hard to control.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.