Server Types?

• I don't forsee them going the flag route. Right now it's open world PVP past level 15 in the open world. You can't attack in towns because the guards will knock you silly regardless of what level you are. Again this isn't like WoW where the guards are a joke. I think the guards alone will deter people from attacking in town especially with the penalty for death being so hefty. I'm not sure what the penalty for death will be when the game releases but it will probably be similar to what it is now, a 15% stacking debuff to hp and gear wear/repair costs.
    • Anttyr wrote:

A solution? Bind the potion to a key and press it all 10 min. Wow ! And you can use it if you already attacked? As far as I know you can't. A great solution realy! Why should the PvE players invest money to be save please? Do you realy think that people where are on the run to gather material for crafting or concentrate for questing, don't forget to press the keys all 10 mins? Parallel in the TS and talk/in a discussion may be?

And honestly 60 silver is a lot of ingame money for a causal player where isn't in the higher level.

Whatever, the solution is found: Coasts for PvE players and hope that they don't forget to press the key each 10 min.
      So, we can close this unnecessary discussion.
      Hi there i realise that everyone has there own play style not everyone enjoys pvp and stuff but don't you think it adds to the excitement of game play just knowing at any point someone could jump you and you either need to defend your self or run away? and at the same time wouldn't it make it that much sweeter when you do gather enough crafting materials out in the world and make that item knowing you survived the onslaught of all us pvp heads :D

All being said i do agree that 10 mins is a little silly and to short of a timer for the non pvp item it should be made to say at least an hour so people like your self that really really don't enjoy the thought of constant pvp can also enjoy the game.
    • Pentrep wrote:

I personally don't think the game needs them. Every time a game starts out with a whole bunch of servers, it just shrinks down in number. Most games are divided among PVP/PVE servers but this game won't have that option since it's being pushed as open world PVP. In short don't expect more than one type of server.
      I hope for no server typing as well. +1
    • Baelan wrote:

Personally, I believe there =IS= a need for different servers. This is not KR. This the West. We have an entirely different play style here.
      I completely agree with you and believe that we as mmo gamers need to make sure to remember that the more people you can attract to your game, the better it will be for the longevity of your game and its overall success.
    • Superhiro wrote:

Baelan wrote:

Personally, I believe there =IS= a need for different servers. This is not KR. This the West. We have an entirely different play style here.
      I completely agree with you and believe that we as mmo gamers need to make sure to remember that the more people you can attract to your game, the better it will be for the longevity of your game and its overall success.
      Personally I think they will go with a megaserver similar to what ESO has. It will save them time, money, and resources. They wouldn't need that high tech of hardware either. We'll have to wait and see.