Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Eto's English Patch for Rebuild

• For openers Hello there Eto. For all your hard work and effort you have my sincere thanks. You patch has made playing on the rebuild server a very pleasant experience in most cases. For the record out all of the patches that I have encountered for this game so far it's probably the best that I personally have used. Most of the others seemed to suffer from mild aphasia. (E.I. jumble words that strung together made little more than a mess.)

With that in mind I do have some bad news to report on version 2.8. It did indeed clean up the descriptions on items. They now read very cleanly shy of their actual names. So that was a smashing success. The bad news is now npc and monster names are back in Korean again. I'm not sure about the rest of the changes as of yet. I only just applied the patch this afternoon. So I'm not sure what else has occurred with the latest changes. If you would like I will take the time to do so and let you know.

Again my deepest thanks for you time and effort my friend. It has made the game a enjoyable and very playable experience for a whole lot of folks. You've done a very kind thing my friend. In my book your good people.

Elias Grimm
    • Item descriptions are being worked on but I want to get crafting to be complete before I work on items. Right now, there is a slight gap between Item names and their names in the Crafting Window. That will be fixed later.

All names will be preserved in Korean. I did translate few NPC Titles to make sure you can identify them... but their names will be kept in Korean.

Some boss names might be translated into English [since I do have their names already translated], but that will take some time. This is my lowest priority for now since you can auto-path to complete quests.

I've finished translating Guardian skill names and corrected one Berserker skill name... Guardian skill descriptions will be finished eventually...
    • Elias Grimm wrote:

Just a fast update here, the quest text is now coming up in Korean as well. I think I may temporarily go back to 2.5 just to quest as it's allot more fun when I can read the text.

Elias Grimm
      Reverting to 2.5 won't help with anything since it's the same files. Quests are part of Cult 2.1 integration so if they added new quests, it would be in Korean. All quests previously translated would stay the same.
    • [Final Update]

With the official announcement stating Bless is coming to Steam, I've finished translating Guardian skills.

I believe the official translation is being worked on (or will be), so I'll be concluding my fan translation with this last patch.

Every now and then, Antyr will update the patch to fix broken texts! However, nothing else will be translated into English. I'm sorry for those that waited on Ranger & Mystic translation! You can always use Cult 2.1 made for the Main Server.

I hope to play with you guys in 2018 or possibly when Lost Ark CBT3 starts! Until then....

<Eto Logged Out>
    • Hi, I'm sure I did something wrong installing the english files as instead of english everything is "KOR info_string" -like literally every text in the game is that now. Could someone give me an idea of what I did wrong? Thanks in advance.
    • Aeonik wrote:

Hi, I'm sure I did something wrong installing the english files as instead of english everything is "KOR info_string" -like literally every text in the game is that now. Could someone give me an idea of what I did wrong? Thanks in advance.
      Usually this happens if there's nothing to write, so you just need to place the translated files in the game, because seemingly you deleted the old files but did not replace them with the new ones.

Once the patch is correclty installed, it's normal to see some of these errors at certain places, that's because the patch is outdated and it doesn't contain the newer lines added by some updates of the game.
    • Hmm, I downloaded all of the files from Eto's dropbox to C:\Neowiz\Pmang\Bless_ReBuild\BLGame\Localization\KOR. Is there something else I was supposed to do to extract these? Or should I just delete them and download them again into the same folder? I appreciate your speedy reply, by the way, very much.

UPDATE: I'm pretty sure I did it right this time. Just redid it a second time and everything appeared in english. Thank you again for your help, QcDiablo.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aeonik: gave update on situation ().

• This is a common problem. Sometimes the localization files just disappear. If that happens just replace it with the translated files. That should solve your problem and it usually only happens when the game patches.
    • Hello, new here and just started playing. First, just wanna say thanks to Eto for your hard work and everyone else who contributed with the patch much appreciated it!
      Second, I'm having a difficult time with the "quest" part of the patch. I'm currently stuck in the first town in front of weapon merchant for quest but unable to make out what I need to do. I'm assuming I need to purchase an item from him but not sure which one. Any help would be much appreciated! :)
    • I don't want to mislead you, but from what you've said, I think it's the quest where you have to buy a whole armor set from both NPC's (weapon and equipment).

The most important thing is to buy a weapon and armor FOR YOUR CLASS! So have a look at the description of the item. ;)
      Life is a bitch, too expensive to be your friend ...
      FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK ... I SALUTE YOU !
    • IPD wrote:

I don't want to mislead you, but from what you've said, I think it's the quest where you have to buy a whole armor set from both NPC's (weapon and equipment).

The most important thing is to buy a weapon and armor FOR YOUR CLASS! So have a look at the description of the item. ;)
      Ah, you're correct good sir! Thanks a lot. Still have the issue of the quest not being english. Hopefully I won't run into problems like that soon. I've tried to reinstall the patch again but didn't seem to help. Any advice? :)
    • Pentrep wrote:

You should try the discord. It's much more updated than Eto's patch. You'll have to ask someone for it though as I don't have invite power.
      Exactly! I've been playing on the JP OBT with it for the past few days and I'm much more satisfied by it. Here a link (no need to register, just download the patch):
      discordapp.com/channels/223023…975936/373196841866625044

They've posted a new update yesterday :)
      Life is a bitch, too expensive to be your friend ...
      FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK ... I SALUTE YOU !
    • Pentrep wrote:

You should try the discord. It's much more updated than Eto's patch. You'll have to ask someone for it though as I don't have invite power.
      Would like to know who I can ask. I can of ran into the same problem with a different quest in the game shortly after IPD was kind enough to help. Would very much like to continue playing. :)
    • Droty wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

Would like to know who I can ask. I can of ran into the same problem with a different quest in the game shortly after IPD was kind enough to help. Would very much like to continue playing. :)

You can ask to Weakdayz who is the current english patch developer: [OFFICIAL] English patch (All servers)

The post was edited 2 times, last by vegax87 ().