Pinned Bless Early Access on Steam - Would you support it?

• Nito wrote:

well I'd pay $60 maximum. $20-30 would be acceptable.

If they throw in founders packs or whatever (with skins, pets, etc.) $60 would be cool.

While I support the idea of going to steam greenlight, self-publishing and so forth I still don't think Neowiz can make it.

First of all - all the major gaming sites already have their report up about Bless being canceld. This and the fact that Bless RU also had to close down to be improved are already incredible bad publicity for the game. Sure steam is an option to make broadcast it to the audience and being able to test things out but honestly speaking - the problem lies in Korea not here.

2nd of all - the development and vision for the game. Right at this point the major patches fixed and overhauled existing systems and didn't really expand the content. Basel Gorge and the few dungeons as well as the new class weren't really oh so good to hold players at bay for at least a couple of months till the next content patch. Bless doesn't really have long term content not for the individual and only a few things for the group/guild stuff.

3rd - localization. In my view - there is no need for voice acting. Just translate the written stuff and add voice acting if budget and time are right. Just to English as language and let it be. I know that many players wish to have their native language but honestly speaking - most people that can't speak English properly still manage to play the game so leave it at English at first and maybe expand on that later.

4th - monetization. I think it is safe to say that the cash shop model is really fair. However they should greatly limit the aspect of the game (skill decks, inventory slots, etc.) in order to promote VIP status. They also should re-introduce the fatique system in order to a) limit the progression of players and b) get more money out of it (link it with the VIP system) and c) keep the gem quests inside the game so players who play more also have the ability to progress more. Obviously you have to balance the VIP to no-VIP situation as well as the ingame gem rewards but overall I think it can work if worked out properly.

5th - introduce systems like durability and death penalities (maybe even corpse looting on not soulbound items) in order to keep players at bay in terms of item progression.

6th - Also maybe introduce endgame gear sets like Vision Maker WEapons in Tera which is not superior but really good and doesn't suffer from durability loss or can be repaired but requires a huge amount of resources, time and dedication to collect/make. You can link repairing and building the equipment to crafting which would make this segment of the game also more important than it is now.

7th - add small buffs (stat buffs) to pets to implement an even higher time and money sink. Obviously nothing gamebreaking but something to spark the players interest in getting this exact pet with the desired skills (like the mounts).

8th - combat system. Take the action combat system out of the game (or disable it simply) and focus the resources on the remaining combat system. Right at this point it is safe to say that the action combat component is far from being viable and useful.

Well that's just my thoughts about it. Overall I hope it doesn't come out as pesimistic as I think it is but again... Bless isn't in a good shape but still has potential.

Also we should consider that we are a small community dedicated to Bless. If they want to have a broader success then they have to consider making bold moves.
      Allright to be frank here, don't wanna burst any bubbles but alot of what you said is not respectively possible... The price for the early access to be specific.. 60$? for an early access? i never seen a MMO pull a grand stunt like that unless the game is completely fabulous, and is immaculate; than pulling a 60$ fee like that is unreasonable.

Shoot the game better not be in early access if im to pay a price such as that.. and for the ideas you placed alot of them just plain out sound P2W and if those are placed in the game you better not put it on Steam cus the Steam community doesn't have time for P2W games anymore alot of us are retaliating against MMO's that are. Second the whole being able to lose your items from dying cus a scavenger player looted your corpse is not a good option for a game like Bless..

Bless isn't a survival game its a MMO Pve based game from what i seen so adding a feature like looting dead players will add more grief than fun and on top of that having to worry about not only armor..weapons.. skills and abilities but also mounts and pets and fatigue etc to become a good player will just bring more stress yes... it can allow more diverse play-styles and yes it can break the community and ofc it will add a new light unto the game but no one wants to play a game like that unless its a dark grim game like Kingdom Under Fire II. And please lets not bring anything from Tera into Bless before its toxic community makes a grand appearance end game.

My opinion may be highly against yours but im a straight F2P player and i can speak for other true F2P players that i wouldn't put up with features like these for more than a month of gameplay then i will immediately leave the game behind in a locked box of games to never play again...

And yes i will get a refund right after because im a chubby cheapskate who likes to keep their cash away from games such as that.
      My name? is Iori Namagashi... and when im done... This World Shall Know Pain :blesspassion: :blesscry: :blessfight:
    • Nocht wrote:

Iori Namagashi wrote:

like tbh Asian developers of MMOs don't have to bring any of their MMOs to the west so if we as people continue to harass them about their games
      They do have to bring em to NA/EU if they want to continue making profit off of the games they created with little development necessary. Much more so for Bless Online actually.. Hype for games die in Korea, just like any other parts of the world (likely much quicker in Korea actually).

Iori Namagashi wrote:

about their games that are doing absolutely great in their country
      Bless was/is in a terrible state in its origin country. Keep in mind that in a short period of time, they have dissolved servers to just a single one with low population. Not trying to throw shade on the game, just.. clearing some things up.

Iori Namagashi wrote:

lets be honest here folks... what MMOs have the west even made? if there is any... were they even good at all?
      WoW, TSW, ESO, LOTRO
      Thanks for clearing some things up for me and also WoW i really don't get the hype around it.. it really doesn't seem like a good mmo i guess its considered good because its developers haven't left it in a shit pile and continuously bring new content for it so i can give them that... ESO is a great game will give them that.. cant speak for TSW and imo LOTRO died.. but my point is the fact mostly all mmos come from Asian countries B$S, Kingdoms Under fire II, Bless, World of Jade Dynasty, Jade Dynasty, Mount Shu Chronicles, Legend of the Ancient Sword Archeage, etc etc. i bear no ill will towards any western MMO its just a fact than a majority of MMO's are coming from the east Asia.
      My name? is Iori Namagashi... and when im done... This World Shall Know Pain :blesspassion: :blesscry: :blessfight:
    • Nocht wrote:

Iori Namagashi wrote:

like tbh Asian developers of MMOs don't have to bring any of their MMOs to the west so if we as people continue to harass them about their games
      They do have to bring em to NA/EU if they want to continue making profit off of the games they created with little development necessary. Much more so for Bless Online actually.. Hype for games die in Korea, just like any other parts of the world (likely much quicker in Korea actually).

Iori Namagashi wrote:

about their games that are doing absolutely great in their country
      Bless was/is in a terrible state in its origin country. Keep in mind that in a short period of time, they have dissolved servers to just a single one with low population. Not trying to throw shade on the game, just.. clearing some things up.

Iori Namagashi wrote:

lets be honest here folks... what MMOs have the west even made? if there is any... were they even good at all?
      WoW, TSW, ESO, LOTRO
      Also EQ and EQ2. While their player bases may be small, they are still going strong with no signs of stopping any time soon. Heck, they even put out an expansion every year.
    • Iori Namagashi wrote:

i bear no ill will towards any western MMO its just a fact than a majority of MMO's are coming from the east Asia.
      The question you need to ask is what company in the west is ready to invest millions of dollars in an MMO on a slight chance that it will gain a foothold? Most companies in the west are pretty much just releasing the same game every year with a few tweaks and slightly better graphics and make millions from milking an easy cash cow. Now we move to gamer's and what is expected of games nowadays. Great graphics are a must and at the top of the list. Then you split the group of players into three categories hardcore, casual, and PVP. It is extremely hard to cater to all of them as we see in other MMo's balancing around PVP and PVE is hard to do. As for the casual you need lots of distractions which are easy to implement like crafting and achievements for example. The next step is to design a game that isn't copy and paste, lets face it the WOW comparisons will pour in. Oh this game is similar to that one or they stole this from this game. A western made MMO will have to set itself apart from other games or its gonna be shot down by several reviewers as this game is a bland mashup from other games. The companies in the western market are held to an extremely high standard and if it can't be met the game fails. With all that said what western developer would be willing to take that risk? Look at all the next WOW "killers" that have been released and barely rose to mediocracy.
    • Early Access Yes but not less than 30 $, because of gold spammers. And we need a game that is not "cutted" for the western audience. Like "oh you will get 2 classes less, we release them later! Oh you will only lvl this far because we need to change some things for "your" endgame" or cutted content because of shit like "its not for a western audience" like they do often in korean mmos.

Full Game , maybe 1 Patch behind Korea and we are good to go.

And the Game needs support , a lot. Yes we all waited long for this game and we need to wait even longer. But they need real feedback and help.

Steam Reviews like "its shit, this sucks" and so on will not help the developers (if they even listen) . That is a point to, the developers (they want our money) need to listen to the feedback.

The combat changes so far in the rebuild version feeling pretty good. :D
    • I would pay 20/30 dollars for early access. But I have a question cause I've never played steam games. After early access is finished, the game remains in steam to play it ftp? So I'll play in the same server cause I've heard that steam has a server in SA and I really like that :P
    • @'PandaTheCow Im pretty sure theres gonna be EU and NA closed beta before its original release. But first of all (as they say) Bless will be released as an Early Access on Steam and then, the release of F2P will be official :)
    Peria Chronicles